• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[YADS] The Author Hub

Kay

I wish I was as cool as this cat.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand why an agent or publisher would spend their time looking for manuscripts here. Most agents and publisher seem to get more than enough submissions. And if they wanted more of a certain genre/trope/whatever, all they'd have to do is post it on a social media site and the submissions would probably come pouring in.

I just don't see the benefit-especially when it's something you pay for. But maybe someone who knows more about the business side of agenting and publishing will chime in and enlighten us???

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand why an agent or publisher would spend their time looking for manuscripts here. Most agents and publisher seem to get more than enough submissions. And if they wanted more of a certain genre/trope/whatever, all they'd have to do is post it on a social media site and the submissions would probably come pouring in.

I just don't see the benefit-especially when it's something you pay for. But maybe someone who knows more about the business side of agenting and publishing will chime in and enlighten us???

A lot of these sites have come and gone, and to my knowledge, none of them have succeeded at attracting legitimite agents or publishers -- for exactly the reasons you state.

However, they've proven to be a great place for the scammers that prey on inexperienced writers to trawl for marks. No matter how good the intentions, this sort of model has failed over and over again, and there's no indication that this site is introducing anything to the mix that will change that.

Maybe I'm wrong, and one day one of these hopeful YADS-creaters will find a way to make the model actually work -- but I'm not holdng my breath.