The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [YADS] The Author Hub

[YADS] The Author Hub

Has anyone heard of it, or had experience with it?

http://www.theauthorhub.com/
    http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
    "I've danced at Abraham Lincoln's birthday bash - I've peaked." Leigh Boswell, The Open Doorway.

Looks like Yet Another Display Site, still in beta form.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

I wish I was as cool as this cat. Kay's Avatar
    I don't understand why an agent or publisher would spend their time looking for manuscripts here. Most agents and publisher seem to get more than enough submissions. And if they wanted more of a certain genre/trope/whatever, all they'd have to do is post it on a social media site and the submissions would probably come pouring in.

I just don't see the benefit-especially when it's something you pay for. But maybe someone who knows more about the business side of agenting and publishing will chime in and enlighten us???

Part of the "Sign Me Up" section on the home page:

I am intersted in being a part of the Author Hub Beta Test

Sigh.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

On a small world west of wonder LindaJeanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I don't understand why an agent or publisher would spend their time looking for manuscripts here. Most agents and publisher seem to get more than enough submissions. And if they wanted more of a certain genre/trope/whatever, all they'd have to do is post it on a social media site and the submissions would probably come pouring in.

I just don't see the benefit-especially when it's something you pay for. But maybe someone who knows more about the business side of agenting and publishing will chime in and enlighten us???
    A lot of these sites have come and gone, and to my knowledge, none of them have succeeded at attracting legitimite agents or publishers -- for exactly the reasons you state.

However, they've proven to be a great place for the scammers that prey on inexperienced writers to trawl for marks. No matter how good the intentions, this sort of model has failed over and over again, and there's no indication that this site is introducing anything to the mix that will change that.

Maybe I'm wrong, and one day one of these hopeful YADS-creaters will find a way to make the model actually work -- but I'm not holdng my breath.
    "A story told, that can't be real / yet somehow must reflect the truth we feel..." -- Black Sabbath / Ronnie James Dio

Mmmm..everyone has pretty much said what I was thinking. I brought it up here just in case anyone was thinking of paying good money to join it.
    http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
    "I've danced at Abraham Lincoln's birthday bash - I've peaked." Leigh Boswell, The Open Doorway.