GOP Klown Kar 2016

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Here you go from USA Today:

"WASHINGTON — Top officials in the Koch brothers' political organization Monday released a staggering $889 million budget to fund the activities of the billionaires' sprawling network ahead of the 2016 presidential contest.

The budget, which pays for everything from advertising and data-gathering technology to grass-roots activism, was released to donors attending the annual winter meeting of Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, according to an attendee."

No question that this is amazing. Let's hope that all political fund raising "networks" follow suit and release their budgets and goals. Then the voters have the option of accepting or rejecting the candidates these networks support.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here you go from USA Today:

"WASHINGTON — Top officials in the Koch brothers' political organization Monday released a staggering $889 million budget to fund the activities of the billionaires' sprawling network ahead of the 2016 presidential contest.

The budget, which pays for everything from advertising and data-gathering technology to grass-roots activism, was released to donors attending the annual winter meeting of Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, according to an attendee."

No question that this is amazing. Let's hope that all political fund raising "networks" follow suit and release their budgets and goals. Then the voters have the option of accepting or rejecting the candidates these networks support.

That's a total load. :rolleyes:

Citizens United makes sure these "networks" don't have to reveal their budgets or goals or donors either. That's why two rich guys can try to buy the presidency for one of their hand-picked bottom boys. The Kochs simply have no reason to hide their names as they are up front about buying up politicians all too happy and eager to take their money like whores on the stroll.

It isn't even a little bit "amazing." It's disgusting. It's undemocratic. It's dangerous.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's a total load. :rolleyes:

Citizens United makes sure these "networks" don't have to reveal their budgets or goals or donors either. That's why two rich guys can try to buy the presidency for one of their hand-picked bottom boys. The Kochs simply have no reason to hide their names as they are up front about buying up politicians all too happy and eager to take their money like whores on the stroll.

It isn't even a little bit "amazing." It's disgusting. It's undemocratic. It's dangerous.

This.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. The Kochs literally have zero fear of blowback or reprisal, boycotting or anything else, and can quite openly influence our elections with hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars. That's not some great thing.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Mitt be out.

“After putting considerable thought into making another run for president, I’ve decided it is best to give other leaders in the Party the opportunity to become our next nominee,” Romney says in a copy of remarks given to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. “I believe that one of our next generation of Republican leaders, one who may not be as well known as I am today, one who has not yet taken their message across the country, one who is just getting started, may well emerge as being better able to defeat the Democrat nominee. In fact, I expect and hope that to be the case.”

Darn.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No Mitt? PUNY HUMAN SCUM! WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW??? :mothership:

But fear not! There is still a glimmer of hope as one Fox News (where else?) stalwart sees Mitt cleverly laying a trap in which to ensnare his competitors for the GOP presidential nomination.

Fox News panelist Stacey Dash knows something the rest of the political world doesn't: Mitt Romney's Friday announcement to supporters that he would not launch a third Republican presidential bid is actually a clever front.

"I think the fact that he is a numbers guy, makes me believe that this is a chess move," Dash said from her perch on the "Outnumbered" couch. "I don't believe he's not going to run."

The rest of the panelists reacted to that observation with a one-word chorus of "Really?" and "Wow."

"I think he is the man for the country," Dash said. "I think he is the man to lead --"

"Even though he just said he's not gonna run?" Andrea Tantaros cut in.

"Like I said, he's a numbers guy, and I think it's a chess move," Dash repeated.

"But a numbers guy would have to start raising money right now," Tantaros protested.

"He knows how to raise money. He's proven that," Dash laughed. "He knows all about money."
Miss Dash is still best known for her role in Clueless. Who knew she would spend the rest of her life proving it?