Erotica Writing Practice/Challenges

Ladyminecrafter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Ann and I write erotic romance. I'd love to participate in some of these challenges to get feedback and grow in my craft. How do I get the password to join the thread?
I'm so far past 21 it's a joke...48 if you must know. LOL

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to our not-all-that-exclusive club! The way to get the password is to ask MacAllister or AW Admin for it, telling them you're over 21 (by just the eensiest bit).

The reason we now have you ask either the site's owner or administrator is that some silly person posted the former password right in a public thread. So once you have it, please don't do that. (I suspect you wouldn't have.)

BTW, once you have that password, you can also critique erotica at Erotica - Share Your Work as well as participate or lurk at The Blue Light District where erotica authors socialize and occasionally talk shop. We like new people, so I hope you'll say hi.

Maryn, glad to meet you

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm hoping I can learn from you, because my erotica leans toward the romantic (and my romance leans toward the erotic).

Sadly, the next two prompts might not be that suitable for a romantic, unless you thought 50 Shades of Gray was romantic. I'm struggling with them. But if you aren't inspired by those, go back and critique some of the previous entries, or submit a late entry of your own.

Sloane

Registered
Reaction score
Are we still doing these? Is anyone participating?

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep! I think we're only averaging a few responses per challenge, but Scott Cole has been very reliable about posting the prompts (about every two weeks), and people have been responding (I, personally, have been slacking off a bit due to getting a new job recently, but I'm still making an effort).

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
{I'm listening, if anyone has ideas or suggestions about promoting this activity, or other practice threads for erotica in 2016, or, well, anything to get those who'd like to give it a try moving in that direction.}

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I would personally love it if we continued this after we finish going through the end of prompt list, because I'm a little sad that I missed the earlier ones when they were done a year or two ago. I was hoping we could either start from the beginning or come up with new challenges.

JS Emuakpor

I lurk. Therefore, I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
afrocentricbooks.com
If everyone would like to start the challenges from the beginning, we can do that. Otherwise, feel free to resurrect any of the old prompts and post your piece. I know there is a rule against resurrecting long-dead posts, but I think this is a special case, and I am willing to read anything that gets posted under the previous prompts.

letthejuicesflow

Registered
Reaction score
How does a person get on the Share Your Work? Is this one of those you can't achieve until you hit 50 posts? I am definitely an erotica writer. There would be whole chapters that would need to be removed from my MS to 'clean' it up ;)
I would be interested in being part of this prompt. Maybe give me a few more ideas . . . or just flush out ones already there.

Last edited:

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I am not an administrator, but I believe the answer in the past has been that these challenges are exempt from the 50 post rule, since you are technically replying to a thread, not starting one. You do need a password, which you can get by PMing an administrator.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Grace, we're pleased to meet you--hi!--but this is not the place to put calls for manuscripts. Please take the time to look around a bit, and you'll find our Paying Marketsboard and the requirements for posting there.

I'd appreciate it if you'd edit your post to make it connected to this thread's subject, erotica writing practice, rather than where to market it when it's complete. Thanks in advance--and I look forward to getting better acquainted.

Maryn, on a new keyboard, which she will now blame for all typos for as long as she can get away with it