New Adult?

desinty

Registered
Reaction score
Hey AW! I joined up a while back - though life derailed the writing life so I would still consider myself a newbie. I am currently exploring the New Adult genre. I've searched around your site a little and haven't found anything here newer than 2012 - around which NA was emerging. Is there a place with updated content? Perhaps a thread where NA writers chat?

If not, is there one for paranormal? I gather the PNR rage is on the decline, but perhaps there is still a writing community connection?

Thanks for everything.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm split with NA. Go search it on Amazon or Goodreads or elsewhere. The majority of stories that are labeled NA are sexy college romances. Nothing wrong with that. But I find that many people try to categorize their non-sexy-college-romance stories with characters ages 19-24 as NA when the majority of the market is against them. And that leaves me split on whether or not to recommend these people to label their story as NA or not. It might not be the best market for them to publish into, but if they don't publish into it, the market majority grows. I will agree that NA is on the decline since it emerged and there's not a great interest in it.

As for paranormal, that be under speculative fiction or the specific demographic. Try Science Fiction/Fantasy, or if you're specifying YA: Young Adult.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are numerous threads discussing NA, but you probably aren't finding them using AW's search tool. There's a better way to search.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.

You will see a Google Search bar.

Search New Adult, and it will bring up threads on AW discussing NA.

~suki