Promoted to Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
I've been a four-year member on the forums I know how awesome and helpful AW is. It's definitely helped me on my journey. So, I thought I'd tell you all how I became an agent since it's a frequent question among many-a-circles.

I started out at The Seymour Agency as a literary assistant, having been plucked out of 50 applicants. I spent around two years going through slush piles, responding to queries, reading submissions, critiquing client material, and running the agency's social media accounts.

Through out those two years I attended numerous conferences alongside the agency, and ran a fundraiser to benefit the Gulf Coast Literacy Council, connecting with some of the biggest editors from the Big Five. Even one of Rick Riordan's editors!

Senior Agent Nicole Resciniti offered me the chance to become an agent and I jumped at it!

If you have any questions you can jump over to The Seymour Agency thread in BR&BC and I'll be happy to answer there.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's a great outcome for years full of hard work!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lane, congratulations! And thanks for posting about it here. I wish you all the best.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Awesome! Congratulations. Having gone through several agent assistants with my own agent who have gone on to having their own list, you DEFINITELY earned the privilege. Man, is there a lot of scut work in this business. :Hug2:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the promotion! Here's to a long and lucrative career in the toils of literature!

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!!! Sorry it's taken so long to get back here, but things have been crazy lately. Cathy C, thanks so much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.