Constant Content Still Viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParallaxBrew

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I made some decent coin on this site last year, but lost interest due to unrealistic editor demands. Before I joined the "Writer Pools," as they call them, I sold quite a few articles through the open catalog. As I recall, I sold around 85% of w/e I put up. I was pretty happy with this arrangement and would like to get back into that, but I've heard some horror stories on their forum.

Does anyone know if things are still hunky dory over there? Have things really changed for the worst?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(If you will send a PM [private message] to the board's moderator Melina, she'll combine these into a single post/thread, including any replies which are there when she does it.)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
No content site has ever been viable for anyone but the owner of the site. They steal writers blind, completely ruin careers, and harm real writers everywhere.

ParallaxBrew

Registered
Reaction score
True, but CC was one of the least malignant of these sites for a long time.

I've sold articles for $75 profit there that took me an hour to write and edit. It isn't a content mill per se.

Has anyone used it recently?

Last edited:

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
I know people who are still doing well with it. I, on the other hand, never really got going with it. I would give it a try myself but I have my hands full with another project.

Brishen

It was meee! I was the turkey!
Registered
Reaction score
I sold 1/1 articles last year. But it wasn't for me. I really struggled with coming up with ideas and the right tone. Damn those pesky ideas.

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
I like Constant Content. It's the only content site I use. They are demanding, but I kind of like that. I wouldn't want to write for a place that put any poorly written thing up. I've gotten much better at commas since writing for them :) I like that I can set my own prices. When I started, I sold cheap (lack of confidence and all that). Now I continue to raise my prices. I am lucky that I have a couple of regular buyers. My problem is coming up with fresh ideas to write that they'll buy haha.

MLayton

Registered
Reaction score
I've used it for about six months, and I like it. The writer pools can be ridiculous/useless sometimes, so I mostly work in the open catalogue. The editors take a while to go through articles, but it sets a level of quality a lot of other content mills don't. An 85% sales rate sounds great! The horror stories are the exception rather than the rule. The forums are generally a few days behind (every post is reviewed by a mod before it's public), and people won't generally talk about when things are going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.