• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Paleontologist, geologist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

I don't suppose we have any bonofied paleontologists or geologists in this group? If so I would like to discuss topics related to my non-fiction book about Pleistocene discoveries at Diamond Valley Lake, Hemet, California. I've just started to compile information on this recent ice age discovery. Nothing has been written on this subject aside from a few newspaper articles and sidebars. This dig went on from 1993 to 1999 as the result of a huge damn and reservoir project out here. They just happened to stumble upon the fossils of 30 mastodons, 10 mammoths and all other assorted species of ice age critters. It was touted as the second largest and most important discovery in southern California, since La Brea Tar pits. Why no one even bothered to touch on this subject has always left me aghast. Hence my desire to pound this script out. I might need a professional to do the intro or forward of the book, perhaps even a consultant (with credit).
It's possible I'll need a b/w line illustrator for animal and map representations--don't know yet. Huge project. Tons of science involved here. I'm cram-coursing in all the related disciplines to prepare myself for this work. I'm waiting on the Southern California Municipal Water District to send me the related photos, reports and resource material. That's because they OWN everything, not the Museum where they are housed.
Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Yours in trust, Chris H. Stevenson aka Triceratops

Diamond-Raven

Registered
Reaction score
You may have better luck emailing the geology/paleontology profs at various universities for help.

During the summer time many of them are out in the field, but right now they're all on campus', teaching and studying data they collected over the summer. Some of them would surely be interested in helping you with your book.

Status
Not open for further replies.