The Girl Stuff Thread

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it too bossy to demand a picture? I haven't seen a skirt that knocked me out in a while.

I did buy Kid Two a ruffled number last year that I really, really liked, but she reported that once she started hormone therapy, her body's changes made it not fit any more. Sigh.*

Maryn, who tries

*Ha-ha, I almost didn't notice I'd written Sign, and wonder what people would have made of that.

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
Is it too bossy to demand a picture? I haven't seen a skirt that knocked me out in a while.

lol not at all :)
I would be happy too!

I decided to treat myself with the money I made from selling my paintings and I ordered shoes, purse and top to match!
as soon as all the pieces get here I will try it on and post a pic! :)

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I like fully shaved my flipping legs Friday afternoon, and since Monday they've become hairy again and itchy because of my pajama pants! If I wear jeans or whatever, the feeling is worse. :( Too bad my BF can't understand that. XD

I live in the south and I'm beginning to envy the girls who can wear short-shorts everyday...

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
My sister has shown me the most awesome webshop for ecological shoes. They're colourful and look soooo comfy and durable. The thing is, I hate buying wearable things without trying them on unless we're talking ordinary T-shirts and they're a bit pricy to just buy a pair to maybe then find out it doesn't fit. And technically I only buy shoes when I need them. (Technically. Yes.) Still, so pretty, so tempting...

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
My sister has shown me the most awesome webshop for ecological shoes. They're colourful and look soooo comfy and durable. The thing is, I hate buying wearable things without trying them on unless we're talking ordinary T-shirts and they're a bit pricy to just buy a pair to maybe then find out it doesn't fit. And technically I only buy shoes when I need them. (Technically. Yes.) Still, so pretty, so tempting...

Link me?

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
is it just me or...

do you get that silent little bit of satisfaction when you wear matching bra and underwear?

I don't do it everyday but when I do it makes me a little bit happy inside... I don't know why...perhaps I am satisfying some minute bit of subconscious ocd
:)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Waits for pics*

I lurves me some fashion. :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SJ you are too adorable!

Yes, I do feel better with some nice matching unders on. Make up, too. All that stuff makes me feel better. I am extremely shallow.

I'm trying to get 3 week old press on nails off. The first time I used them they did not feel secure. They are "peel and stick" and the adhesive stuff is rubbery and weird. So this time I also brushed on nail glue (super glue) and now they just don't want to come off but they are growing out and look strange. I know, first world problems. *Update, ooh, my real nails are pretty long underneath the fake nails.

Tomorrow I go to a beach resort for three days (maybe four!) Can't wait to achieve my lifelong dream of going to a swim-up bar. Sad, I know, I know. OH MY GOD MY BARSTOOL WILL BE IN THE WATER!!! Thrilling, right?

*Ew, what if drunk people sit there and pee?

Last edited:

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
SJ you are too adorable!

Yes, I do feel better with some nice matching unders on. Make up, too. All that stuff makes me feel better. I am extremely shallow.

I'm trying to get 3 week old press on nails off. The first time I used them they did not feel secure. They are "peel and stick" and the adhesive stuff is rubbery and weird. So this time I also brushed on nail glue (super glue) and now they just don't want to come off but they are growing out and look strange. I know, first world problems. *Update, ooh, my real nails are pretty long underneath the fake nails.

Tomorrow I go to a beach resort for three days (maybe four!) Can't wait to achieve my lifelong dream of going to a swim-up bar. Sad, I know, I know. OH MY GOD MY BARSTOOL WILL BE IN THE WATER!!! Thrilling, right?

*Ew, what if drunk people sit there and pee?

thank you heehee and woohooo!!! pool party!! I will be there with you in spirit lol
There is a reason why they call it a swim up urinal... haaa

no but really, have fun and have no fear, the chlorine and alcohol will keep you safe, just don't get any peewater in your mouth and you will be fine :)

oh and the nails, take a Q tip and soak it in nail polish remover, keep going around the edges of the nail as you lift lightly and they will come off, will prob take a q tip for each nail. :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ew, why oh why did I have to think of peeing in the swim up bar pool now?!

I did finally get all of the nails off, by soaking them in nail polish remover. I finally thought of it myself, lol.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We went to the state fair yesterday. Boy, there's nothing like a cross sections of mostly white folks to make this plump suburban writer feel like she's all class, and pretty slim to boot.

Okay, we agree losing weight is really, really hard, and not everyone succeeds. But if you weigh two hundred pounds more than you should, is there a rule that you have to wear clinging knits that show your lower back and the top of your ass when you're lined up with other folks on scooters to buy your fried Oreos? I know it can be hard to find decent clothes when you're big, but not only did these clothes cling and ride up and such, but they didn't even come close to fitting.

I also saw lots of teens who appear to be destined for the same. Kids who are already so big they walk like ducks and have no ankles or necks.

You know, I'm trying to lose weight and was looking for healthy choices for lunch and dinner, but there simply weren't any. One place said "healthy wraps" on its sign, but one look at what they put in the wraps convinced me they had no clue what was healthy. Unless you think at least a half a cup of mayonnaise is a real swell idea. (But hey, there's some lettuce and tomato in there!)

Anyway, I did as well as I could and forgave myself for the dairy building's chocolate milk.

Maryn, home again

Last edited:

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
Maryn,

I just posted to my blog some helpful tools and tips on losing weight in my , How I lost 120lbs in one year post. Worth a read, some of my friends are following my tips and losing weight steadily :)

My blog is linked below.

The struggle is real but can be overcome with hard work and dedication!
Always here to answer any questions for anyone too or jut to listen :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your success has already spurred me a bit. I want to look cute in new clothes, too!

I've been in a slump, staying in the same 5 pound range, for way too long. I will be visiting your blog for sure.

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
thanks ladies! :) I went out dancing last night, its been years since I just just went out to dance...I danced outside at a club on th lake for 4 hours with NO BREAKS! lol even when it started to rain I kept dancing, it was so much fun!

How do I feel today you ask? ya...I am sore but it was so worth it :)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dancing = Cheaper than Therapy :)

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Wow your outfit is so cute. I love it. :D

I grew up kinda tom-boyish and never got into fashion. I'm in my early twenties now and I still can't put together a nice outfit on my own. It's something I'd like to start doing. How did you ladies get into fashion?

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
heehee thanks!

I have always had an eye for putting together cute outfits, I used to help my friends go shopping a lot lol
I don't know how really, I just go by what I like...it usually starts with 1 item (like that skirt) then I find all the stuff to match it :)

I was so sore Sunday but I forced myself to go on a 3 mile walk in the woods anyways, I'm going for another long walk tomorrow since I will be in school all night tonight.

I have weigh in at work for this stupid contest and Ill be damned if I will let that scale defeat me this week lol :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My goodness, SJ, you are amazing.

I just set the date for a tummy tuck. I've hated my stomach ever since I had my babies. Can't believe I can finally do it. :)

Last edited:

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
My goodness, SJ, you are amazing.

I just set the date for a tummy tuck. I've hated my stomach ever since I had my babies. Can't believe I can finally do it. :)

that is fantastic! I am having one too but not for a little while, I have more weight to lose still :)

So, ladies... when was the last time you met someone that made your heart beat faster, made your imagination run wild and your dreams sexier... If only I could play out my fantasies ... omg it has been too long, way too long. le sigh