The Girl Stuff Thread

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a road trip. We fly into Vegas but aren't spending any time there, probably. Unless we need to sleep. We have to get up at 3:30 in the morning to make our flight, so we expect to arrive pretty wiped out. That first night, we're playing it by ear.

Maryn, not into Vegas kinds of things

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds great. We'll probably hit Vegas sooner or later but as just one part of a trip sounds like enough Vegas for me.

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
I think we should all plan a trip together! haa :)
wouldn't that be fun, all pick a place for a meet up drinks laughs writing and girly stuffs

btw FB, my insurance will not cover it that surgery as it is cosmetic, that is the sucky part of this surgery for everyone, if they want or need skin or fat removal after it comes out of pocket
le sigh
I am going to start a go fund me thing online I think :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SJ- Good luck with it. :)

Last edited:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Hope you're still doing well FB. That's quite an operation. (I know, because I've been wanting one for a very long time.) That belly sag took all the joy out of my weight loss. Not that I'd lost that much, (besides my ex-husband), just that it seemed to highlight what I'd hoped would shrink. :cry:

Now I'm dealing with dental issues. Any thoughts of fixing up the body has been deflected by some rather expensive, and extensive, dental work. Genes are odd. Some are easy to see, like who you resemble as you begin to mature. Some are sneaky. Like crappy teeth. They tend to fail you later on...just when you have your eye on some 'optional' work. :tongue

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is day eight and I got the drains out today and quit taking the pain meds. today too. I think I'm through the worst of it, as long as I'm just hanging around the house. I still get tired easily and have to wear this weird crotchless corset for seven more weeks. But it wasn't bad at all. In fact, with three different prescription painkillers I was quite enjoying myself lol. But yeah, it does seem other things just love to pop up and take precedence whenever you try to get something extra.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine how loopy I'd be on that many painkillers. And failing, miserably. :ROFL:

It might have given the whole town something to talk about for years!

Crotchless corset? Hmmm. Sounds kinky. Just sayin'. ;)

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this crotchless corset look is only sexy in a creepy Halloween kind of way. :(

I_love_coffee

that's what it's all about....
Registered
Reaction score
This is day eight and I got the drains out today and quit taking the pain meds. today too. I think I'm through the worst of it, as long as I'm just hanging around the house. I still get tired easily and have to wear this weird crotchless corset for seven more weeks. But it wasn't bad at all. In fact, with three different prescription painkillers I was quite enjoying myself lol. But yeah, it does seem other things just love to pop up and take precedence whenever you try to get something extra.

Great news!

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to go out to dinner, first time out in 2.5 weeks aside from dr. appts., and already exhausted after getting halfway ready. Oh well can't complain when I asked for it.

What's new?

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am just returned from a fairly physical vacation, with much hiking and little beauty stuff. Most days I never got anywhere near makeup, and I certainly didn't do my nails.

To my own amusement, last night, our first night home, I filed my nails to a shape short enough for the keyboard (which I barely touched during our travels and wish I had not lugged everywhere), then considered the polishes within reach. I had a dark blue, a sky blue, a shimmery copper, a purple, a dark red like drying blood, a sheer pink, an opaque darker pink, and a silver-gray. What cracked me up is that it was just too big a decision and I ended up not painting them at all.

Maryn, unadorned

I_love_coffee

Registered
Reaction score
Ok I found the holy grail of eyeliners. It's called stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner. It is as easy as using a pencil, I promise. It does not smear or fade and is easy to take off at the end of the day. I've tried so many damn eyeliners but this is it for me. I highly recommend if any of our lovely AWers are searching for the perfect eyeliner.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, sometimes I get stuck on small decisions too, even though I know at the time that I'm doing it again and that which one really doesn't matter. Glad to know it's not just me.

I_love_coffee

Registered
Reaction score
Is it a liquid eyeliner? I've got a self-sharpening eye liner pencil that I thought was pretty fancy, but it smears so easily, especially on the bottom lid.
yes, liquid, but you hold it in your hand and apply just like you would a pencil. I only use it to tightline on my top lashes. I just gave up on a $25 NARS eyeliner that I bought at Nordies because the salesgirl said she wore it into the ocean and it did not budge. HA! Lies! I couldn't even make it into work without it smearing all over.

the Stila stuff is good. If you have an Ulta or Sephora near you they have it there.

BubbleGumBG

Born to fly... stretching my wings
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between subconscious and conscious
I don't believe there is, not anywhere that I know of. But I've got eBay at my fingertips. It's frustrating to buy a waterproof eyeliner that washes away with just the tears from your eyes, let alone expose it to any real water, gone!

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess it's a bit more radical than many people are up for, but as I mentioned back here somewhere, I recently got permanent eyeliner (and the eyebrow and lip tats, too). I really, really like it.

But aside from having the extra cash at the time, I also had to be on a brave streak. Sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not, you know?

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I now have vaguely coppery, overly pearly nails. Maybe that's why this polish was on sale. It came out far lighter and beige-er than in the bottle. Oh well, it's still pretty enough, just not what I thought I was getting. And I do see my hands all day every day, so a manicure is nice.

On eyeliner and smudging, I find that not only is what product I use a big factor, but what moisturizer or eye creme is under it matters, too. I have a few super-moisturizing products, because I'm old, and the mere act of blinking (which I can't seem to train myself not to do!) makes my liner vanish in about an hour. It's not smudged, it's just gone. On occasion I'll put on liner with little or no product under it, and it lasts all day--but it's way harder to apply in the first place.

Fruitbat, I know what you mean about a brave day. That's how I am with submitting.

Maryn, mostly cowardly

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I just say right now I am really sick of counting calories? I know it's my choice but it still gets old.

Last edited:

I_love_coffee

Registered
Reaction score
not sure how decadent this is but yesterday, I had a croissant breakfast sandwich, with bacon, egg and cheese. The croissant was flaky and delicious, the eggs were fluffy, the cheese was melted just right and the bacon was cooked to perfection. A dietician who works in my department kindly informed me that croissants and bacon are not really healthy. Ehh.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pfft, dieticians, what could they possibly know about food?

Despite my physically active trip recently, I managed to gain weight, which is kind of the opposite of my intention since I was around 11 or 12. (Oh, to again weigh the 121 pounds which put me on my first-ever diet!) I talked with a pro who suggested I keep my calories about the same but increase how much of that is protein until I'm eating about as many grams of protein per day as half my body weight. (So if I weighed 121, I'd aim for 60g of protein daily.) It's surprisingly difficult to do, but when I get close, the feeling of satiation lasts longer. This is a big deal for someone who struggles with weight. Gimme more fish!

Maryn, who made swordfish kebabs in orange sauce for dinner

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Croissant with eggs, cheese and bacon. Mmmmmmm. Thank you!