First locked P&CE thread of 2015

what will be the first locked P&CE thread of 2015?

• Total voters

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know... we also have a thread basically laughing an at elderly man who was seriously injured, and a completely superfluous one about sending Chippendales dancers to Saudi Arabia that's starting to get a little biting.

It's anybody's game.

ETA: On second thought, I think the smart money may be on the Death Penalty thread, though. I mean, if I had to guess.

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
in my defense, i've also laughed at harry reid plenty of times when he wasn't injured.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't suppose we can place bets on this? I live in Jersey were private sports betting and internet gambling are now legal...what'dya say? My money would go on the Death Penalty thread, that one seems to be getting a little heated, and if the Trans Suicide thread gets locked it will likely be due to me losing it (which I like to think I could control, but if the past is any indicator...)

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
We'll never know the real answer, since you went and Heisenberged the system. Now that Mac and the mods knowswe're watching, all bets are off. Besides, there are a number of us who know how to start a thread that will get locked, or get an existing thread locked, in short order, and any one of us could go rogue at any time now, also due to awareness of observation.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Now no threads will be locked just so you can't be right about any of them, and the board shall descend into chaos and delete itself from existence.

See what you've caused, William?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Besides, there are a number of us who know how to start a thread that will get locked, or get an existing thread locked, in short order, and any one of us could go rogue at any time now, also due to awareness of observation.

I find that proposition difficult to swallow.

Now, if there was money involved, like maybe a bet...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I find that proposition difficult to swallow.

Now, if there was money involved, like maybe a bet...

Hypothetically, if you were to make a bet which thread would you place your bet on and how much would you wager? For odds available, PM me, hypothetically, of course... ;)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I say we all zoom into the prehistoric fiction and get it shut down just for snits and giggles--s6

I thought of suggesting we all head into the "Now We're Cooking" forum. I'll bet it has never had a thread blow up. Surely we can start up something controversial about the blood type diet, raw food veganism, Atkins, or the like.

As for the threads currently in P&CE...pfft. only the death penalty thread stands a real chance. I may wander in to help it along. But the atheism thread is a cuddlefest, the Palin thread isn't too far behind, the trans teen thread is emotional but under control, and while the chippendale hotties thread has possibilities, I'm skeptical they'll be realized.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Death penalty, methinks. Only because the Walmart shooting-gun control thread has petered out.

If you want to start something, though, instead of picking on Historical Fiction or Cooking, I think you should descend on those punctuation Nazis in Grammar and Syntax with their goddamn "Oxford commas," which should be called serial commas, and their outdated adherence to Strunk & White.

:evil

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You wanna start something about Strunk & White right here, armor boy?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I thought of suggesting we all head into the "Now We're Cooking" forum. I'll bet it has never had a thread blow up. Surely we can start up something controversial about the blood type diet, raw food veganism, Atkins, or the like.
Not so. There's been more than one food fight over there.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lock 'em all. That's the only way to be sure. :rulez

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Would it be irony if this thread was the first locked?

Would it be double irony if it was locked over an argument over whether that was ironic?

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Pfft. If you're just going to throw around ad hominems and anecdotal examples, there is no point in even attempting to have an intelligent debate with you about the Oxford comma.

No, an ad hominem would be pointing out that The Elements of Style is for people who've had all natural sense of language usage beaten out of them... like lawyers.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
No, an ad hominem would be pointing out that The Elements of Style is for people who've had all natural sense of language usage beaten out of them... like lawyers.

No, that would simply be an ignorant remark, typical of those that certain people have previously made in other threads not unlike this one at unspecified points in time.

More like Junk and Shite.

Oooooooooooooooh...

Oh, so you want a piece of me, too, do you? Bring it, dude.

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I thought of suggesting we all head into the "Now We're Cooking" forum. I'll bet it has never had a thread blow up. ....

You'd lose that one.

Not so. There's been more than one food fight over there.

And Haggis has been involved just about every time...

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to change my vote.