• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

National Publicist / The Garis Agency

Necropolis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hello everyone!! I've had an offer from The Garis Agency...they are publicists and wish to represent me. My question: are they real and safe..or is this another scam? I've heard Montel Williams mention R.J. Garis and his agency as his publicists many times...just want to make sure. Thanks in advance for any information.

Cheers!
Maggie

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Hi Maggie.

Your books look really interesting, especially the middle one... Demon. It's the type of stuff I really like to read.

A publicist won't be able to overcome the issues you're having getting your books out there. It has nothing to do with you or your book and has everything to do with the fact your publisher's business model is designed specifically to prevent you from selling books without having to buy them first yourself.

Plus, as of last week PublishAmerica has decided to no longer publish authors from the UK. I would wait a bit and see what they end up deciding to do with their current UK authors before I did anything.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Btw, I don't know anything about the publicist, but their website for anyone interested is

http://www.nationalpublicist.com

They do represent Chuck Norris, however, who happens to be the most perfect human ever created. So they must be good.

Last edited:

Necropolis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
To James: I need exposure as an author. A publicist will supply that. I've done all I can on my own. Now it's time for someone else to take over.

To XThe NavigatorX: Thanks so much for the compliments and for the replies. I am no longer with PublishAmerica as I got tired of all the empty promises....lol..so it doesn't matter if they'll represent me as publishers or not. In fact, I got so tired of all the "stuff" that I have begun my own publishing company...hey! it works for Viggo Mortensen...LOL. I've never been able to set up a book signing event with the likes of Barnes & Noble/Borders, etc. However, once I contacted them, introduced myself and my company, and informed them that I have a return policy, I was able to set up the elusive event of book signing without a problem. That was certainly a brilliant surprise. BTW...PublishAmerica were never my publicists...I've not had a publicist.

As for Chuck Norris...I used to have such a thing for that man!! Then I found out he has a hairy chest, and that burst my pretty balloon...LOL!!!

Cheers!

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Maggie,
What do you hope to get out of hiring a publicist? It's very difficult to get self-published books in the media, regardless of who your publicist is. If that's the route you want to go, more power to you, but I hope you have realistic expectations.

Good luck!

Necropolis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Nomad said:
Hi Maggie,
What do you hope to get out of hiring a publicist? It's very difficult to get self-published books in the media, regardless of who your publicist is. If that's the route you want to go, more power to you, but I hope you have realistic expectations.

Good luck!

I'm not self-published:eek: Where did you get such an idea? The only self-published book I have is the first, and I'm not including it until I re-publish it. If you're referring to the books published by the horror that is called PublishAmerica, I'm no longer with them, I'm with someone else entirely.

Toni1953: Yes, I would imagine so, luv :) This, however, is not a problem for me.

Cheers!

Necropolis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Right..that's what you meant. Clear now:D It's worked brilliantly for me, however. Ever since I've been able to set up book signings without a problem. It's helped a great deal! I've never sold so many books!

Cheers!