Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
So, I was super happy with hootsuite (I manage more than one twitter account). It did everything I wanted, and for this conversation what it did also was not preview pictures -- if someone I followed stated NSFW followed by a link, I knew to be careful when I clicked (ie not at work or with kids in the room) Given that some of my twitter besties are erotica writers....and hell you never know what someone will post anyway, a bot even....

Guess what? They changed it. Now I see the picture if I want to or not. This is not helpful when browsing at work OR at home. Hootsuite customer services have been singularly unhelpful (we have not resolved your issue and have no idea if we ever will. Therefore your ticket is now closed. Have a nice day! Followed by a survey on how helpful I'd found them. Needless to say sarcasm followed....)

Anyway, after a fruitless search re a twitter app that doesn't preview pics, I was wondering if you guys either know of one, or how to turn the preview off (either on hootsuite or twitter for PC -- I can find how to on the mobile app for twitter, but not the PC version which is super annoying)

Anyone?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Are you using Hoot Suit via the Web?

Try an ad block plug in for your Web browser.

Alexys

Took a wrong turn at the Pleiades
Registered
Reaction score
You could use a selective image loading setup. There are various Firefox plugins that will allow you to set image loading policies for specific websites or toggle rapidly between load all images/originating server only (no third-party)/load no images. I'm not sure what's available for Chrome.