Check In- What Are You Doing?

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
It's Friday night. It's summer.

I read an article the other day in the Boots magazine. An Aussie girl explained the benefits of the British summer over the Australian one. She made a good point about how the heat is tolerable and always well received. The slightest bit of sun and everyone is outside cooking burgers on hot charcoal amidst the lush greenery of our well watered parks.

Brisbane however is parched brown and sweat sodden people trudge through the relentless heat of the unbroken sun.

I never been to Australia, but it's nice to be reminded of what one has. Rain and thundery showers tomorrow I believe.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm burning up. IT'S HOT. Like this ---> :flamethrower

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Sunday morning. Over indulged last night on skewered kebabs tortillas and humous. Oh. And booooooze.

After the Fri up. We're going to the park by the shore to enjoy the damp cold sea air, via the bottle bank. :eek:

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
We are in the midst of a serious drought here. So serious that we are required - under threat of heavy fines and possible imprisonment - to cut water usage by 25%. That is a huge cut.

So - I was raking leaves in the yard on Friday when a man and his wife (or maybe she was his lover, or his sister, or a stranger he was trying to pick up) commented on my hard work. Then the man said, "Do you know the faucet at the side of your house is running water?"

Holy shit, no I did NOT know that. I raced around there and sure enough. How long had it been running? I have no fekking idea, but it was running hard and there was a huge mud puddle. So I spent a few hours getting the water company on the phone and explaining my situation, going to the sheriff and reporting the "theft". Still don't know if I will get fined or not. I bagged the faucet until I can get a lock for it. - - - I hate this neighborhood. Nothing but troubles here. :rant:

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Wondering if this introduction will end well...
czhz3rhrnztslmiqu.jpg

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I hate bed time. The boys turn in to cackling imbeciles for about five hours.

I don't know anyone that has this problem.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate bed time. The boys turn in to cackling imbeciles for about five hours.

I don't know anyone that has this problem.

Good luck.

Last edited:

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Watching a transformers cartoon with the eldest. The youngest fell asleep in the car and bringing him in the house didn't wake him. Woot. We tell the child minder not to let him sleep in the day but he gives her the run around shouting 'No! Sleeping! '
He's a joy.

Eldest is munching milk free mozzarella slices. Not that bad really.

Hoping he will sleep tonight. Promised us steak for tea and would like it before midnight.

Marianne Kirby

Blue Hair, Don't Care
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xojane.com
It's 92 degrees F here right now with a "feels like" temp of 98. I just got back from running out to lunch and am, for once, glad the office is over-airconditioned.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
GRRrrrr. Before it even got to be 7:00 a.m. Fight with Amazon, fight with Kohls, fight with Office Depot — and right now I'm fighting to get this typed, lag, lag, lag, what's up? —

Ordered a laser printer from Amazon that was on sale. Then they tell me it can't be shipped to California. ?? OKAY. I ordered one from Office Depot, also on sale but a few $ more than Amazon's. OKAY. Office Depot is 22 miles away, and since I am going there on Sunday, I decided on a pickup rather than a delivery. Shortly, an email arrived telling me that the printer had to be picked up within 48 hours. :rant:Grrrrr.

In between bouts with OD, I tried to order some pants for my husband from Kohl's (yes, on sale and sale ends momentarily). BUT, when I entered my email address and password, a popup tells me they are incorrect. Can't be, but I try again. And get locked out of my account for too many attempts.
emoteranting.gif
I call the # give on the popup and get a recording which gives me two options. I choose the most appropriate. Phone goes dead. This happens 3 times. I try the phone number listed on the website which offers to accept a payment or cancel an order.
emoteranting.gif
emoteranting.gif
I had to settle for an email rant.

I got OD on the phone, and they promised me they would hold my printer and I would still get the sale price. Do I trust them? What do you think?

When I hung up, I had an email response from Kohls telling me how special I am to them and that someone will get back to me withing 48 hours - - Long after the online sale event is over.
emoteranting.gif

Well the Warriors won the championship last night.:)

Last edited:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Tropical depression right over us right now. Too bad we can't give some of this rain to Cali.

M. Frebronze

Bon Vivant
Registered
Reaction score
Meandering the forum, acclimating myself, and seeing what's what. Also, MAJORLY procrastinating my schoolwork and second draft/re-write.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying something new. Sitting on the landing. Seeing if my proximity helps them settle. My hopes are fading.

didi768

Registered
Reaction score
I am done going outside until fall. There I said it. I am sweating like a pig in Tampa Bay. Hurricane season is going to be very interesting this year I think. Hot everywhere.