Check In- What Are You Doing?

gbhike

Registered
Reaction score
Browsing these forums, of course! :) (Did I take it too literally?)

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
FB - I've seen a few eps of that. Funny, though I found the characters universally rritating after a while. Plus watching scheduled TV often runs afoul of family...
Good luck on the condo!

gbhike - Well, this is a writing forum; one expects a certain amount of literal interpretation... ;)

Sunday morning, and heading out into the drizzle momentarily to give the car a quick tidying and vacuuming. We're meeting a relative to visit a nursery, and my car may be the designated transportation for the trip. Also need to gas up on the way out.

Fingers crossed I get a little time for ornament work today...

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanksgiving is now officially over here. Everyone has gone home and the leftovers went home with them.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Creeping up on 5 PM Sunday, and it's already dark out.

The day's outing went well, despite a rocky start. The nursery had been remodeled since I was last there some years ago, and had a nice holiday section, plus some truly awesometastic dragons and gargoyles. (ETA - The new avatar's from there. At north of 300, it stayed there, but the picture came home with me.) Got lunch out of the deal, too. A nice little family outing, the kind we need to do more of while we're all here. On the way home, we took a detour to pick up dessert.

By the time I got home, I decided to call it a wash on ornament work. I shall attack them all the harder tomorrow. Right now, I need to go through my pictures.

Last edited:

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
I re-checked out the first few seasons of "Grimm" on DVD from the library. Several episodes keep freezing and all I can think of is, "Well, I'm glad I know what happens." I'm cranky about it, and hoping the next person who watches them will have better luck. But I got to see my favorite episodes so far!

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I re-checked out the first few seasons of "Grimm" on DVD from the library. Several episodes keep freezing and all I can think of is, "Well, I'm glad I know what happens." I'm cranky about it, and hoping the next person who watches them will have better luck. But I got to see my favorite episodes so far!

Let the library know there's an issue with the DVD - in person, or leave a note when you return it. (I work at a library shipping center; if I see a note on an item, I route it to Evaluations, though often the librarians beat me to it and have an Evaluation slip on the thing.)

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Monday afternoon, and taking a lunch break. Halfway through the current stage of ornament production. About three or four more Apoxie-related steps to go. Ergh...

Also got a couple more holiday orders done, which I think gives me something for everyone I'm shopping for, except Dad. Pretty sure I'll just be getting him chocolate or something like that.

Weather's nicer than yesterday, though a storm's supposed to swing through later today. Hopefully I'll be done with workshed stuff by then; don't like being out there in bad weather.

And away I drift.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kind of listless today after a few days of (enjoyable) holiday company. I'm about to waddle in and start deep cleaning and de-cluttering the master bed and bath. Stuff is beginning to pile up on the surfaces too quickly again. So boring. Maybe I'll write something later tonight.

thereeness

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote like a mad fiend last night. I've completely recovered from my sinus infection, thank all the gods. Now, it's my weekend and I'm going to write like my life depended on it. Despite everything, I'm still determined to either finish my longhand version, or get as close as possible. I also got a seasonal cup of ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery, a dark chocolate and peppermint ice cream with Oreos, hot fudge, and whipped cream. It's positively delicious but so rich I could only have a few bites. Ah well, it'll make it last longer!

Wish me luck, it's going to be a long night. Time to break out the Favorite Writing Movies (i.e. ones I can have in the background and not pay any attention to XD.)

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
FB - One would think, at some point, that one would finally be done with cleaning, but nope. Like laundry, it keeps sneaking up while your back is turned, cackling and wielding a knife- oh, wait. That's not laundry...
One moment, please... ;)

thereeness - Congrats on knocking back the sinus bug! (Personally, I'm convinced that sinus issues never actually go away; they simply drop below the perception threshold, to re-emerge a few weeks or months later.) Now keep writing!

Monday evening, and I powered through an evening of cantankerous ornaments (and a minor intestinal rebellion - incidentally, dibs on Intestinal Rebellion if I ever start a garage band) and got everything caught up. But I don't think I'll do another all-day ornament marathon if I can help it. My shed chair is an ergonomic nightmare. (More like erghonomic... ouchie, says my poor hip.)

Right now I'm gathering a few wish-list books to kick over to family for Xmas. (Has to be immediate family, though, 'cause I can trust them to get the one I asked for and not some odd six-degrees-of-separation title.) I'm also shuffling my MP3 mix, temporarily pulling a few and adding more Xmas. I think the Titan Quest and Dragon Age: Origins soundtracks can be retired until after the holidays, but the Arcanum soundtrack stays; it's a nice, relaxing score, a little break between holiday medleys.

Away I drift.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's normal to be in love with your cat, right?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, BD. :(

Cool new avi you got there!

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tuesday morning, drizzly and gray. Must deal with a shopping trip before I get to ornament work, and I don't expect to hit all 12 blanks (they're all hangin' in the running so far - it'll be the phase after this that probably starts sorting them insofar as who gets what, though I have a couple tentatively tagged in my head.)

Just finished up my holiday shopping, I think, save the odd impulse buy and some stocking stuffer type stuff that I usually throw in with my ornaments. (Also gotta get bags or boxes for the ornaments themselves.)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just waiting until my class starts. Luckily, I did the assignment (allocated for in lab time) ahead so I just need the lecture and then I'm OUT OF THERE.

= D

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Class, yuck. Hopefully, never again! Unless it's something fun.

Heading out to run errands and maybe grab lunch out.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tuesday afternoon, and heading out soonish to attack ornaments. I'd hoped the rain would let up some, but if anything it's raining harder.

Stupid rain.

Got through the shopping outing okay, so that's something. Got fried deli chicken for lunch, which was better than it should've been.

Okay, I guess it's just not going to let up. Time to swim to the workshed. Hope the bunnies don't drown. (I believe I have bunnies under the workshed. They aren't hurting anything, so I don't mind.)

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Just checked out the Christmas decorations.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Later on Tuesday, and got through 7 of the ornaments, with repairs drying on an 8th. (This was the same one I was working on when the power went out the other weekend...) I hope to catch the rest up tomorrow after work/shopping. If I hustle, I may be able to be painting before December hits double digits. I'm starting to worry they may be getting too big for ornaments, though... dang it, they really got away from me.

Best go turn dinner, I suppose. Steak and veggie night with golden mushroom soup sauce stuff.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am making a gigantic pot of soup.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Chilling after dinner, listening to holiday tunes and completing (what I really hope is) the last Amazon order of the season; grabbed a couple cheap DVDs for Dad while I was at it, so he definitely has something. (He has a little personal DVD player he likes watching at night. Got him a couple of those old serials, which he seems to enjoy.)

I think I'll be good on Apoxie - almost added another 4-pounder to the order. These danged things are hoovering the stuff... keep trying to keep them light, but they just need a little more here, a little more there... ergh. What monstrous abominations against the holidays have I wrought?

Guess I'll wander away. Work tomorrow (yippy skippy - though I really need the paycheck), and I want to try getting some manner of writing or revising or just rereading or something remotely writerly in before crawling into bed to feign sleep.

thereeness

Registered
Reaction score
Fruitbat - Yes, it is totally normal to be in love with your cat. It's also totally normal to be in love with other peoples' cats. (I can't have cats in my apartment and my anxiety makes it so that I need clean, organized spaces, and cats are chaos incarnate, but I love all my friends' fur babies.)

Got a lot, a LOT of writing done Monday night. I wrote for like 6 hours with only 45 minutes for food during that entire time. Watched Moana and The Slipper and the Rose. Sadly, the half chapter I started I'm going to have to restart because I realized it was terrible and I didn't like where it was going. Plus, it seemed like I was going for conflict just for the sake of conflict, you know?

Also had a visit to the doctor...which inspired me to eat more ice cream after I came home >.< I hate going to the doctor.

Hoping to get more writing done tonight and start adding in nightly walks to my schedule. Here's hoping that lasts. I'm so disappointed I'm not going to meet my deadline, but even if I took the next 2 days off work and did nothing but write with maybe a nap here or there, I still wouldn't finish. Ah well. I'll just keep going until I finish, that's what matters!

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wednesday, and heading out to work Real Soon. Will have to shop on the way home, too. And do ornament work after shopping, 'cause the holidays are breathing down my neck; the chill and the smell of cinnamon and peppermint are unmistakable.

Fingers crossed it's a light day, though if we had a full load after a holiday, I'm not holdin' my breath on it getting any lighter. (Don't people have holiday stuff to do instead of hanging out at libraries?)

Shoes and coat on, I suppose.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I journeyed through 100 pages of Sanctuary (William Faulkner) this morning. I've just finished my second tea-- English Breakfast style.

I'm heading to class soon. It's nearly time to get ready.