Check In- What Are You Doing?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Tuesday morning, last day off before I head back to work, and it's overcast and muggy. (I already anticipate tomorrow morning being Not Fun, what with my brain being evil and reverting to my old sleep schedule.)

I've already been informed that a shopping trip is in the works, though I haven't been given a time. Probably just far enough away I can't start anything, and it'll last long enough I can't get anything else done before dinner. Ergh.

And I started reading a paperback last night, Book 2 of a trilogy, and am wondering if I need to double back and reread Book 1 before I go much further, or if I'll pick it up as I go. They're well written, but rather dark - dunno if I'm in the mood for two such books in a row.

Away I drift.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brightdreamer, I think that is not very nice that they don't ask for a specific time for your chauffering services so you can plan your own day too. :(

Last edited:

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
We were warned a month in advance that roofing construction would begin on the apartment complex. Today, the workers are right outside my window. I expected banging and clanging and things falling everywhere because that's what the warning told me would happen. They are so quiet, that I slept until eleven AM today and didn't notice a thing. I shut my blinds tight, but dude, I had a whole plan of me spending tons of time at the library to get away from the noise for a week. I was gonna get tons of writing done, read a bunch, and be awesome. Now...quiet. So...I'm trying to adjust. It's nice that it's not a big deal, though. I'm glad for that.

RaiscaraAvalon

Lost In The Realms
Registered
Reaction score
Website
raiscara-avalon.typepad.com
Finished babysitting, took a nap - and am now debating a cup of coffee. Need to make some more for iced coffee anyway, so might as well go for it! I just normally don't like to drink it so close to bedtime...but it's still a couple of hours away.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Brightdreamer, I think that is not very nice that they don't ask for a specific time for your chauffering services so you can plan your own day too. :(

I am watching a Dr. Phil episode in which the guest goes about pretending to be pregnant by various men for fun and profit.

Don't judge me.

Yeah, I've long since given up on family respecting my time as my own. They just won't. (And when they say they will, somehow it doesn't happen - or they end up intruding on my time anyway by blasting the TV or arguing or otherwise making it impossible for me to do anything else.) Family... can't live with 'em, can't afford to live in the car...

And I'm not judging you - though I admit I may be judging that guest. Way to lower the bar for the rest of us women... (I'm assuming it's a woman. If it's a man, anyone who falls for it fully deserves ripping off.)

Finished babysitting, took a nap - and am now debating a cup of coffee.

Did you win the debate? Coffee can be bitter when it loses.

Swingin' back through after the shopping trip. I got home in time to get dinner started, but it's a roast, so it won't need attention for a couple hours, and that's just to throw in veggies before the last stretch of cooking. And I got lunch out of the deal, at least. (Potbelly sandwich, with the cookie. Gotta have the cookie...)

While we were out, my other sibling took Dad out to get his license renewed. We were anticipating issues due to his age (he turns 88 this month), but they just did the usual half-arsed eye test and renewed him until he's 94. I wonder about our licensing system sometimes... (Actually, he doesn't drive a lot anymore, but it's good to have one for ID and such.)

Well, I got the roast roasting, and I got everything set up and ready for the work week (such at it is - three days ain't much of a "week," though danged if it isn't as tiring as five.) Now I need to make myself do Something Productive while I'm unlikely to be bugged.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Woo I'm home early and by early I mean on time today. Sigh. Another tough day. I don't even care, though. Got a chance to talk to my crush for a few minutes. He's usually just in and out unless he has a problem, which is frankly rare. He didn't have a problem today, for the record. One of the few. He told me the job is easy and the pay is good, but he's bored. Amen my friend, story of my life lol. Well minus the good pay on my part. I also asked him if he would show me how to do a delivery tomorrow morning, which he agreed to. I feel like it's kind of silly as a dispatcher to not know what my drivers are doing day-to-day normally, and it just so happens he delivers to the store I used to work at. So he'll meet me there and show me how it's done.

I feel so fortunate I have a great group of drivers I can lean on if I need help with anything. Sure, as independent contractors they aren't coworkers or employees, but man I would be so lost sometimes without their advice and knowledge.

For now it's time for dinner and coffee.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting a new book and figuring out its parameters is like herding cats.

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I've said goodnight to the fireflies, washed the sawdust from my hands, ended my celebration of the solstice,
and plan to fall asleep with this feeling of deep inner peace.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Rockin' out with my second coffee and cookies for breakfast because why not, it is a fantastic day today.

I got to see my crush earlier. :) He showed me how to do a delivery while I was getting hugged to death by my former coworkers lol. I hadn't been back to the store in quite some time so they were really surprised. What made me laugh was they didn't even question me coming in the back door lol and I had to tell them I was with my driver. He may have been a little surprised. XD

I wish I wasn't in such an awkward position, I really just want to let him know I'm interested. I had the realization the other day the best part of my day isn't when I clock out to go home, it's when he walks in the door to dispatch every afternoon.

And I get to see him twice today. *happy sighs*

Guess I'd better get my butt in gear to get on the road myself.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wednesday morning, and back to work for me. Would be a little more enthused if I'd gotten more sleep last night (there ought to be a law against having dreams about not sleeping well when you're already not sleeping well - the exhaustion doubles itself), and if my job wasn't just a repetitious, brainless, go-nowhere gig.

Ergh.

The sun barely cleared the mountain behind me, and already it's too muggy. Glad I decided today was a cutoff day for work.

Away I wander. Still got some time to kill before I leave.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Met the dumpster delivery guy for the construction debris dumpster at my new house. So yay for renovation work beginning. Boo because it's all part of the divorce. Sigh.

Then drove one of my boys to mow the lawn at the Ministry Center. Made the mistake of taking a Benadryl before we left, because of itching from bedbug bites. I was intending to edit while he was mowing, but that Benadryl knocked. Me. Out.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear you're getting divorced, cmhbob. Hope your new place is a nice new start for you.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Trudging through after work and lunch. Don't mind me...

Work went okay. On the way home I got caught in a bad backup; accident down the way.

And right now I'm wasting time while half-awake. Trawling my Kindle library for my next read; one downside of the Paperwhite is it keeps most of the books on the cloud, which is good from a storage standpoint but not so good when you're at work without internet access and want to start a book, but don't know what. Should just pick one at random, though I'm looking for something relatively upbeat. Reality and my paperback read are all the darkness I can handle at the moment...

ecerberus

Registered
Reaction score
Supposed to be working, but wasting time looking at forums and writing a few paragraphs.

I really should be working.

RaiscaraAvalon

Lost In The Realms
Registered
Reaction score
Website
raiscara-avalon.typepad.com
Too close to bedtime to do much of anything here, and I have a massive headache to boot. I blame my sunburn for the headache though. Started a new crochet project today - let's hope I don't mess it up too badly, as I'm making a Christmas present for the Midget. She always needs more blankets! :)

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Coffee time is best time. Waiting for the holy beep beep.

I talked to my friend last night and while I'm not about to confess how intense my attraction to him is, I think I'm going to go ahead and ask my crush out just for coffee or something. I do owe him for yesterday anyway, especially with the distraction of my old coworkers. I could just be projecting, but I kinda get the feeling he'll accept. I hope I'm reading right, I am so not good at this.

heykatydid

Business Lumberjack
Registered
Reaction score
Today was not great for me, personally. Struggling with my anxiety disorder and had a panic attack after I got off my train commute home. I managed to hold it together until I got to the drug store (stations make it worse since everyone is staring at me) and my husband showed up to get me, but I was basically hyperventilating in a drug store standing in front of the motion sickness medication. This is the worst sometimes. Now my whole evening is shot because I'm jittery and shaking. I did manage to get some writing in during work down time, though, which totaled maybe 1000 words. I'm just glad I got that done BEFORE the panic attack.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Coffee time is best time. Waiting for the holy beep beep.

I talked to my friend last night and while I'm not about to confess how intense my attraction to him is, I think I'm going to go ahead and ask my crush out just for coffee or something. I do owe him for yesterday anyway, especially with the distraction of my old coworkers. I could just be projecting, but I kinda get the feeling he'll accept. I hope I'm reading right, I am so not good at this.

Good luck!

Well, after only 2-3 hours of sleep, my brain decided it had had enough. Lay there for about three hours trying to bore it back into slumber, and finally gave up when I reached the murk zone, that time when, even if I did nod off, my alarm would wake me mid-cycle and make me even more tired and groggy. So I gave up. So it's just past 6 AM, and I've already gotten myself showered and ready for work. Guess I just sit around trying not to lose track of time, and try not to imagine crawling through work and shopping ('cause, of course, I gotta shop my way home today) on a minimal tank of rest.

Yep, this is me. Sitting.

Should probably try writing or something...

heykatydid

Business Lumberjack
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck!

Well, after only 2-3 hours of sleep, my brain decided it had had enough. Lay there for about three hours trying to bore it back into slumber, and finally gave up when I reached the murk zone, that time when, even if I did nod off, my alarm would wake me mid-cycle and make me even more tired and groggy. So I gave up. So it's just past 6 AM, and I've already gotten myself showered and ready for work. Guess I just sit around trying not to lose track of time, and try not to imagine crawling through work and shopping ('cause, of course, I gotta shop my way home today) on a minimal tank of rest.

Yep, this is me. Sitting.

Should probably try writing or something...

I hope you make it through the day! Not sleeping is one of the worst ways to start the morning, knowing you have a full day ahead. Good luck!

RWrites

Registered
Reaction score
Writing my first chapter of my new book. Little bit weary because I'm posting it online for free, but I wanted to get out there and get my writing critiqued! I know I'll have many ideas to come and should not worry about publishing and just write!

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Writing my first chapter of my new book. Little bit weary because I'm posting it online for free, but I wanted to get out there and get my writing critiqued! I know I'll have many ideas to come and should not worry about publishing and just write!

If it's critique you're after, I'd suggest getting your 50 posts here and posting in the SYW subform, which is password-protected and invisible to the internet at large. Post early chapters on the general internet for free, and if you have any aspiration to submit it for traditional publishing, you've kinda messed up first rights.... plus, if you improve and submit, the less-improved early version's still out there somewhere. (The Internet doesn't forget...)

JMHO...

Well, I survived work. I survived shopping. Now I'm sitting here munching on trail mix in lieu of lunch (because after shopping and getting home I had to make chicken salad for dinner to get it chilling, and by the time that was done it was far too late for an actual lunch.)

Oh - bit of an event. We have a carport-roof porch that's been having some Issues with rot. We've been meaning to get to it this summer, but it forced our hand today when the railing and cover collapsed. Amazingly, a planter that was underneath the cover somehow survived, as did a hummingbird feeder.

Last edited:

ConstellationSkies

Registered
Reaction score
Tuesday was my worst day in many months (not sure if longer than that) BUT it gave me a great story idea. Woohoo, turning trauma into another character's trauma! It's empowering to find some good in crap. Like having to much stables and finding a gold nugget as a reward.

Yesterday was less weird but still awkward. It was partially because I was still recovering from Tuesday, but it had its own compounding events.

Today was decent. It's just a long day. But I second Brightdreamer in their suggestion of the SYW section. The people are very kind and reading everyone's posts / putting my own two cents in has helped a lot.

Aside from having a surprise mental breakdown, I've been taking steps to prepare for Camp Nanowrimo, and enjoying a few gym takeovers, and overall been happy with where life is going.