Check In- What Are You Doing?

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
Woke up too early because I was hungry, and now I'm trying to avoid sleep so I don't waste time sleeping. Wondering if I should doodle or play a game.

Oh. Reading is an option too, I guess.

Amy Writes

Aim for tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
I'm migrating files from my old, nearly-dead computer to the new one I bought yesterday. And it is BORING. Necessary, but boring. I'm actually looking forward to taking my six-year-old to the doctor this afternoon to get me away from this thing. :)

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
waiting patiently for my friend to get online, my mp3 player to charge, mom to get enough rest to take my sister to the store so they can bring home the GOOD brand of bread and maybe a trip to the library. all those captain america comics aren't entertaining me like I hoped.

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering why someone does not share my point of view when to me it is so obvious that it's weird even having to explain it.

Last edited:

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Peanut butter.

I'm also baby sitting my mother's dog, who has recently suffered a stroke. She does this terrible thing... well. Be satisfied to know that my sister dubbed it "the shappening".

Gather with me, and pray to the gods! My invocation, my only plea- may there be no more shappenings tonight.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Drinking tea and girding myself for an hour-long drive to the theatre, where I will pincurl my hair, then sit in a cold bathroom and get cold makeup airbrushed on my face and chest, put on false eyelashes and paint really big eyebrows and red lips on said face, struggle into a long-line bra, a bumroll, a hoopskirt and a crinoline, report to my dresser to put on a neoprene costume (with tentacles!) that weighs 23 pounds and a foot-high white-and-black sequined headdress.

And then I will cackle, sing and menace the mermaid Ariel for approximately two hours, only to die in an explosion of smoke five minutes before the end of the show.

And then I'll go shopping.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looking into my empty coffee cup and pondering whether to refill it; watching my cat flick her tail slowly indicating she is in not too bad a frame of mind as she sits on my comforter, keeping me from pulling it up over my feet; watching the weather out the window and hoping it becomes a bit more tolerable to be out in sooner rather than later; considering the purchase of a few more small freezer containers so I can freeze more things; wiggling my toes in their socks....

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Sipping cold coffee, trying to decide if I should try to work that r&r or wait another day. I am not my sharpest and haven't been for days now. One day I shall be free from this . . . whatever it is. :(

brasiliareview

author of Sweet Bread
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brasiliareview.org
Been playing a lot of ukulele instead of writing. What can I say? It's been holding my interest more. But with the new year I'm getting back into writing.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Spent all day in the car.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Repeatedly refreshing the weather radar to see if the rain is getting any closer. Because that's just like pressing the traffic lights button over and over to make it change more quickly.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Drinking wine. :)

Last edited:

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to stay up another 15 minutes to greet the new year.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year! Now I'm watching the fleur de lis drop :D

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just waking up. :)

That's all I got.

Last edited:

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Stirring my brain and trying to keep my second cup of coffee hot. I like my coffee lip-blistering hot, and my brain chuggin'. I can't have one without the other. Guess which one.
Just finished dinner and cleaning the kitchen...

Made BBQ Spareribs (in the crockpot), Mac N Cheese and Collards to go with.

Looking forward to going to work tomorrow, 'cause that means only 2 1/2 more days until "retirement." ;)
Are ya done yet?

Drinking tea and girding myself for an hour-long drive to the theatre, where I will pincurl my hair, then sit in a cold bathroom and get cold makeup airbrushed on my face and chest, put on false eyelashes and paint really big eyebrows and red lips on said face, struggle into a long-line bra, a bumroll, a hoopskirt and a crinoline, report to my dresser to put on a neoprene costume (with tentacles!) that weighs 23 pounds and a foot-high white-and-black sequined headdress.

And then I will cackle, sing and menace the mermaid Ariel for approximately two hours, only to die in an explosion of smoke five minutes before the end of the show.

And then I'll go shopping.
That sounds like loads of fun! All except the long-line bra.

Sipping cold coffee, trying to decide if I should try to work that r&r or wait another day. I am not my sharpest and haven't been for days now. One day I shall be free from this . . . whatever it is. :(
Procrastination? :D

Drinking wine with husband in a hotel room in Tallahassee. :)
It seems to be everywhere, doesn't it? Wine, I mean. :D

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying not to break my new year's resolutions.

Last edited: