Check In- What Are You Doing?

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Finished watching 3 episodes of Supernatural with a friend. We started from the beginning, only on season 4 now so a long way to go. He's never seen it before, and I've seen through around the start of season 10. It's really, really hard trying not to accidentally spoil anything. I'm just happy to see Cas again though, tbh. <3

And now I don't know what to do. He's on the other side of the pond and just went to bed. It's still early enough that I could do stuff if I wanted.

What I should do is try to get myself back on track, I slacked off all last week and got basically nothing done. :| Maybe I'll put together a weekly spread in my Bullet Journal. I hate how inconsistent I am with using it, when it really helps me a lot with keeping structure and goals in sight.

And then maybe a shower and an early night so I can get a jump on tomorrow.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Tuesday. Again.

Took me almost an hour to talk myself into getting out of bed - I didn't want to know what had gone wrong while I slept, how much further from hope we'd fallen, how little effect mass outrage and majority disapproval have when faced with corruption and apathy.

Looking at the news, I really should've just stayed in bed...

Off I trudge.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Having a chill. Simpsons on telly. Nearly story time, if my eyes are up to it Visio is bad for the peepers, though tantrums aren't too healthy. Professor Poopy Pants it is, I suppose.

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
I just had 18 yards of 5/8 gravel delivered. I now have to spread it, mostly by hand. By dark tonight, actually. We had to wait until the field was frozen enough to drive an 80,000 pound dump truck through not only it, but the middle of a soft garden to reach where we're building a new chicken coop.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wednesday. Gut's still touchy, but I think the bug's in retreat... not that it really matters. The American coup is functionally complete, when the law cannot be enforced and rules are made up on the fly.

And here I thought we had a chance to salvage something... guess it'll have to wait for the aftermath of WWIII, which they're pretty committed to leading us into.

Think I'll go hide in a computer game.

quixoticameron

Registered
Reaction score
Drinking a chocolate martini and moping. Might watch some Netflix -- have you all heard of "Juana Inés"? It's pretty good. About a kickass feminist in the royal court of 1600s Mexico.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Just got back from meeting our first tenant of the first house we've rented. Now on to schoolwork, and discussing Alice Munro's "Differently."

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Coffee before the morning rushness. Tired and not looking forward to any of my meetings today. I'm not a peopley person, I'm a hermitty writer, but still, bloody meetings with bloody people, nice as they, the people, and useful as they are, the meetings.

Coffee. Lots of.

Dysnomia

Drowning in the depthless sea
Registered
Reaction score
Coffee before the morning rushness. Tired and not looking forward to any of my meetings today. I'm not a peopley person, I'm a hermitty writer, but still, bloody meetings with bloody people, nice as they, the people, and useful as they are, the meetings.

Coffee. Lots of.

As a student about to graduate and step into the working world...this scares me. I hope your day goes smoothly for you.

As for me, pulling another all-nighter to catch up on my school work...been writing too much. AW's a wonderful place for procrastinating, though.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
As a student about to graduate and step into the working world...this scares me. I hope your day goes smoothly for you.

As for me, pulling another all-nighter to catch up on my school work...been writing too much. AW's a wonderful place for procrastinating, though.

Didn't mean to worry you. I actually like my job, but there are times I just wanna lose myself in my own creativity instead of leading some businessment processology session. Pretending to be a normal proactive socialable productive person in front of other people is a real strain for me, I'd much rather live in cliff cave and scribble out a living by candle light.

That said, the long day is almost done. I'm in the kitchen considering having a beer while I cook hot sauce chicken and rice for dinner. Later, we plan our trip to IKEA on Saturday, straight after a six year olds party, crap, need to remember present.

Eta: Double crap. Twins!

Last edited:

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
Toddler has had the worst time with teething. New one coming in means much fussiness, warm forehead, runny nose, chewed fingers, lots of reading and cuddling and TV and no housework for me.

But my husband got Amazon Prime and I found the Wallace & Gromit shorts on it so we've been watching those. Much better than educational crap lol

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm healing after a mess of doctor visits, 911s and hospital stays. I'm fed up with pain, but at least trying to get some writing done--FINALLY. One or two more surgeries left, but I'll kick their butts and pull out of this shit.

Yikes! Hang in there...

But my husband got Amazon Prime and I found the Wallace & Gromit shorts on it so we've been watching those. Much better than educational crap lol

Amazon Prime has some decent stuff, and what isn't free-with-Prime usually isn't too bad for "rental." (They recently got the old Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack. Brings back memories...)

The danged headache and gut thing tried to come back on me this morning. Dang it. Apparently, gut bugs are going around... really don't want to have to go in again for it. I'm not through with the antibiotics from the first bug. So I picked up some more OTC meds to see if I can stave the thing off long enough for the ol' immune system to get around to doing its job. (I think part of the head thing may be dehydration - it's bone dry out here, and cold enough my little heater was on much of the night, which further dries things out. May try moving the heater further away from the bed.)

Work existed. So far, the two new hires are sticking around, which is good. Beats the heck outta the three-day wonder, who still is the stuff of break room legend. (That's the new hire who only worked three days, didn't show up the next week, then tendered a resignation because they didn't realize the job involved work. Knowing what a pain HR's been, I can only imagine what the bosses said behind closed doors in their offices - they were practically gritting their teeth when they told us the person wouldn't be returning.)

Trying not to look at the news, not 'til there's something to hope for. (Is it wrong of me to hope for my state to get booted from the union? I don't wanna drown in this swamp...)

In the meantime, I'm distracting myself with another run through Dragon Age: Origins. Got the Ultimate edition through GOG a while back, so it's supposed to have the expansion material without having to sign up for EA's crud. I'm trying to play as a different character type, so I hopefully won't fall into my usual habits.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I caught a stomach bug earlier this week, trust me, you don't want it. Only lasted one night but it was a nasty one.

DA:O is so fun. I still need to play it on PC just to see how much better the controls are vs. console.

Currently watching the nightly set of Supernatural episodes with my friend.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Cooking dinner o'clock. I got a beer, and a mini version of me demanding my attention. Go away little one, cooking chips.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Friday night, and I'm chilling before more game time and/or reading. Wish I were more enthused about the latter, frankly - I was looking forward to this book. TBH, it feels like filler material. At least I'm mostly through it... not a ringing endorsement, I know.

Work was light. Got out early, so I rewarded myself with lunch at the store deli. Hadn't felt like lunch in some time, so that's an improvement.

And the bug's still slowly retreating. Almost through the antibiotics, so it danged well better keep retreating.

Off I wander. Limiting my Facebook and internet time lately for sanity reasons.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Editing Chapter 92. It is one of those slow mo pieces that fry my grits. I let it lay two days and picked it up again. It's going better. I will likely finish it this morning and go on to 93.