Check In- What Are You Doing?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Sauntering through on a gray, damp afternoon...

The bug seems to be slowly waning. Likely stress, at this point. (Gee, wonder what's happening in my world to cause that?)

Work was busy, but we're pretty well staffed (for now.) They still had the pass closed, last I heard - must've been some serious storm damage. Eastbound, they were hoping to get open by this evening, and last I heard there was no estimate for westbound. And this is usually the "safe" pass...

Away I meander.

RaiscaraAvalon

Lost In The Realms
Registered
Reaction score
Website
raiscara-avalon.typepad.com
I am currently watching Gilmore Girls while waiting for my client to get back to me. I should probably put some words on the WIP though, since I have time and I'm actually not so exhausted that I just want to roll up in my blankets and die for once.

jliz0808

Registered
Reaction score
Licking my wounds from some, much needed, crits. It's my own fault. I dove into my rewrite today, and after a quick read through I was on such a high I thought it would be a good idea to post. It was. The wonderful people on AW were quick to point out my faults. I should have let my rewrite sit a day or two and edit it a couple of times before posting. I should have known better. Now, all the kids are home being loud and crazy, and I want to jot down notes from my crits and start working. But of course, we have bath and bed time. By the time I get all my little ones in bed, I will be spent, and a glass of wine will do the trick.
The lesson I have learned is post my stuff at night and then look in the morning when my brain can comprehend all the awesome suggestions. That way I can dig in and get to work.
*swats kid away (don't they know I'm on AW, leave me alone :( )

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, it's That Day. The likely end of my country as I know it, at least for a good while - hopefully not permanently. This is a quest and boss battle I fear my character class is ill-equipped for, though I don't see another way through the game.

Does any other country need a bookslinger? (I'm good... made the news a couple times on slow news days... please?)

I slept poorly again, though I had an odd dream. I was looking at my tablet in some small break room (didn't look familiar) when someone else looked over my shoulder. I was worried - I was looking at news feeds, and in this era anything anti-Trump could lead to Trouble - but the woman only smiled and asked, me, in all sincerity, if they'd finally released confirmation that 9/11 was faked. I stared for a moment, and then I told her that the latest news told me that Trump was actually one of a pair of identical twins, engineered from birth by Russia; one was sent to infiltrate and take over America, and then in late December - Xmas time - he would be killed, only to "return" when the twin was introduced to replace him, just like Jesus rising from the dead. Then we would have a true dictator we could never get rid of because people would believe it was God's divine will. I looked at her incredulous face, as everyone else in the break room was sniggering at her, and told her that that theory was more credible than the crap about a faked 9/11.

Felt great... but it was only a dream.

Work looms. On so many levels...

RaiscaraAvalon

Lost In The Realms
Registered
Reaction score
Website
That dream sounds like what is foretold in bible about the end of days. *shudders*

Anywho, I'm about to start client work, will probably nibble away at the WIP and try to get the first chapter done soon. There are a ton of things I'd like to get done today, but we'll see if they happen or not.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Just had an early lunch.

Not the most productive of mornings from a personal standpoint. I swear though, if I thought people would pay for the service I would totally offer tailored freelance job searching. I sifted through probably 60 pages of listings over the course of an hour to scrape together 5 worth my friend's time to look at. Of those, there's 1 he's actively interested in; not sure about the others yet.

Going to try to do more editing this afternoon.

RaiscaraAvalon

Lost In The Realms
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Just had an early lunch.

Not the most productive of mornings from a personal standpoint. I swear though, if I thought people would pay for the service I would totally offer tailored freelance job searching. I sifted through probably 60 pages of listings over the course of an hour to scrape together 5 worth my friend's time to look at. Of those, there's 1 he's actively interested in; not sure about the others yet.

Going to try to do more editing this afternoon.

Are you kidding? I'd probably pay for the service, the way various freelance sites have things set up I have to wade through tons of not for me offers to find something that actually suits my skill level and even what services I offer.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the kitchen. On the boys kindle looking at this site, putting off cooking lazy processed food. Listened to trump on the way home. Opened a beer. Cooking.

There is a blanket of crapness descending all about. Special boots maybe in order. Or something.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Trudging through while dinner heats on the stove (leftover stew night. I'm that lazy.)

Work felt longer than it should've. Still feel gutted. It was nice seeing I wasn't the only one with black on, though. I don't want to give up all hope, but danged if it's tough finding something to cling to... not even a full day in office and already the blows are being felt.

Still got that sinus bug lingering. Not fun. Pretty sure it's one of those transient infections that comes and goes - got that smell/taste of one. Kinda kills the appetite. As does, you know, living through a legal coup.

Ergh.

ETA - Oh, and the day just added a kicker. A relative who went in for an unrelated issue earlier this month discovered a "mass" on a kidney. According to the internet, this can be benign or bad... though I can't help thinking it's an iffy sign that her doctor is sending her to a cancer care center for further scans/tests. (Maybe they have better equipment? Come on, dang it, year - yank future health care, ax the Social Security she needed for retirement in a few years, then this... back off, already! I know from personal experience that they don't know nothin' 'til they have a biopsy, but still...)

Last edited:

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to pull myself from a funk and get the kids out the house for some air, and later get the house show room tidy again for any buyers that might fancy it. So pissed off. If there was a scale of being pissed off, I'd be off it.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Saturday, and the sinus headache's comin' back on me. Damn it. I don't want to have to go in - there's not much they do for sinuses anyway, and I'd rather not get used to seeking medical help that won't be available soon enough. Hope it's just stress and a transient infection.

I'm trying to take some hope from the massive numbers attending marches around the world. (There are even reports of stealth marches - small gatherings of solidarity, as official marches need government permission - in Russia.) At least we won't go down quietly...

Should try to get the room tidied at least.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding in the kitchen with a Brazilian beer and classic FM, pretending to cook. Can't really call frozen pie cooking, they want pie but the pastry floors me, so I'm having beef bourguignon, from a can, with chips. What have I become?

We took a drive up to Shap earlier this evening to formulate a plan. We seem to go there when life looks dimly upon us, but we had a chat. We need to get on with life in small house until new buyer happens. We know what to do.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to take some hope from the massive numbers attending marches around the world. (There are even reports of stealth marches - small gatherings of solidarity, as official marches need government permission - in Russia.) At least we won't go down quietly...
You mean those responsible people wearing masks and black clothes and hoodies and setting fires in the streets, breaking windows of businesses and battering cars? K K K of a different name, wearing black instead of white. Ugly.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Totally drained. I managed to write today, pleased with it. Put up the kitchen curtain after a year. Privacy rules! Some other stuff too, but getting antibiotics in to a four year old, after retrieving him from under the bed, breachwise! I thought the cat was slippery, but this wriggle Meister has super human strength. Luckily, its bedtime for the kids. Then I can vegetate.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
You mean those responsible people wearing masks and black clothes and hoodies and setting fires in the streets, breaking windows of businesses and battering cars? K K K of a different name, wearing black instead of white. Ugly.

No, I meant the ones marching peacefully in cities around the world, as reported by those actually there and by reputable news outlets. The troubles on Friday were restricted to a small group; the Saturday marches were not related.

As for my day, plans to meet with extended family were derailed when I woke up with a gut bug (which has been going through the family). So I stayed home with saltines and crackers. Seems to be quieting down, though I'm afraid to try actual food. I'm sick and tired of being sick this month, dang it!

Ergh...