Check In- What Are You Doing?

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Licking raw pancake batter (2 cupsa flour, 2 eggs, half a cuppa sugar) off my knife in my bedroom because when I had turned up the gas on the stove, the lighter failed and the kitchen just filled up with gas, so I got the furk out of there, not like I'd be safe in my bedroom, but the kitchen window is open, so in 5 more minutes or so, I should be able to fry that batter if I haven't eaten it all by then. I really hate coarse sugar, y'know?

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
My free week has begun. I plan to open the WIP momentarily and do something to it. Something productive, something exciting, something awesome. At least stick in a few words.

I'm staring at my 'finished' 177,000 word manuscript, thinking it's all probably crap and wondering if I have it in me to rewrite. Again. And where I'd start. Is it normal to love what you're writing while you're writing it and then think maybe it's crap when you're finally done? If I ignore it long enough do you think maybe it will rewrite itself? Suddenly become the book everyone on earth wants to read? Ugh. To scrap or not to scrap, that is the question.
Scrap? Scrap?? NEVER scrap.

Trying to remember the last movie I watched.
Now you've got me doing it. You'd think it'd be easy, wouldn't you? But no, damned if I can think of the name of the movie — Travolta was in it — but I can't remember what he was doing. Uh . . . uh . . . OH yeah. Some guys killed his wife. He was after 'em, and he got 'em. One scene sticks in my mind. Where the cops ask him about his marriage, and he gives them a What!You-gotta-be-kidding-you-stupid-eff look. Then says something like, "Are you married?" and the guy says something like, "Once." And Travolta says, "Then you can't know." He so beautifully portrayed the futility of trying to explain such a thing to someone who hasn't experienced it. -- So that was my last movie, but I'm thinking of renting one for tonight. -- Something my husband wouldn't care about seeing, 'cause he's gone, and I want to save the movies he would like so we can watch them together after he gets back.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
My free week has begun. I plan to open the WIP momentarily and do something to it. Something productive, something exciting, something awesome. At least stick in a few words.

Scrap? Scrap?? NEVER scrap.

Now you've got me doing it. You'd think it'd be easy, wouldn't you? But no, damned if I can think of the name of the movie — Travolta was in it — but I can't remember what he was doing. Uh . . . uh . . . OH yeah. Some guys killed his wife. He was after 'em, and he got 'em. One scene sticks in my mind. Where the cops ask him about his marriage, and he gives them a What!You-gotta-be-kidding-you-stupid-eff look. Then says something like, "Are you married?" and the guy says something like, "Once." And Travolta says, "Then you can't know." He so beautifully portrayed the futility of trying to explain such a thing to someone who hasn't experienced it. -- So that was my last movie, but I'm thinking of renting one for tonight. -- Something my husband wouldn't care about seeing, 'cause he's gone, and I want to save the movies he would like so we can watch them together after he gets back.
My last one may have been an old cuss movie with Tommy Lee Jones.

Right now, I'm fighting insomnia.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Another hot day on tap. We spent yesterday down at the lake, but it'll likely be too crowded to bother today.

The vacation's technically over as of yesterday, so I need to get back to doing something Productive. We also ought to get our tickets ordered for the Fandango re-release of Labyrinth in September. (They're also showing The Neverending Story, which really doesn't hold up as well.) And some time here I might find out if we have plans with relatives this weekend.

What a thrill-a-minute life I lead...

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Never got to the book yesterday. Was too busy doing . . . something else. Not sure what it was. A little online shopping, a little (BAD) baseball game watching, a little reading. OK. I wasted the whole effing day. So what?
. . . What a thrill-a-minute life I lead...
Yeah, well whenever I get into a thrill-a-minute pace, I find myself longing for a little boredom. Can't win. :)

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Spent yesterday mostly reading and avoiding heat, so I got one book reviewed and am knee-deep in another one.

Today isn't supposed to be as warm, so maybe I'll manage to do something... eh, who am I kidding?

I just got tickets pre-ordered for Labyrinth. I'm a child of the 80's...

Otherwise, not much going on. Family plans have kinda fizzled, near as I can tell, so I don't know what the schedule is for today.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Saw Star Trek: Beyond today, so now I'm in the post-movie mental drift, where I can't really seem to fix on anything productive to do. (Also, I'm a lazy, undisciplined moron.) So I'm listening to random music and staring at the internet, thinking of things I should be doing instead.

And I finished and reviewed that second book yesterday. Need to pick a new Nook title and a new Kindle title. (On the latter, I just started a Western that's holding my interest pretty well: Vengeance Road, by Erin Bowman - so far, sort of a True Grit tale, with a girl hunting down the guys who killed her pa.)

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
And the last day before I return to work is another warm one. We had lunch in the woods and took a quick walk, which was nice - it's just before the yellowjackets and hornets get too nasty to deal with.

Speaking of yellowjackets, I need to keep an eye on the nest I nuked last night - it often takes a few days to kill the bastards dead.

Slowly getting back into the writing habit, and contemplating a new idea to see if it has legs for a story - and, if so, what length of story. Need to get back to site revisions and HTML stuff, too.

Off I go.