Check In- What Are You Doing?

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Sleepily cooking dinner, straining eyes to read forum, hoping a cold beer will refresh my fatigue long enough to see it out till bed time. Hungry too.

Everything is exhausting right now and yet I am adamant I will be writing tonight. Humpfh.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@Write_At- Welcome aboard meat, hahahaa!

I wish you people would stop being so entertaining on here because I have writing to do, yanno.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
goodluck...

I'm sleepy myself, but not ready to sleep. I've had a SHIT ton of naps(six of them) and each one was at least 3 hours...

booooredom. I can't go further on my writing til I get some info from my friend Shannon...

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
@Write_At- Welcome aboard meat, hahahaa!

I wish you people would stop being so entertaining on here because I have writing to do, yanno.
Who you talkin'? :) I get on here the other day and see your post about not writing and going shopping instead (Yes.) and that did the ole Giggly-Lip-Dance fer me!

So, they gave me the TB shot today and then I get the honor of going back there in 48 to 72 hours to see if I'm virulent. If so, I will be made to share quarantine space with the returned crew from the first manned Mars landing (we did that gig, right?). I plan to pet-nap one of the Little Green Men they brought back.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm not told the bowl of pretzels was for everyone and not just for me then I didn't know and it's not my fault.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I'm trying to get rid of my sinus headache. I woke up with my flash story idea for the day (Story a Day in May). Lurve it when that happens.

I have a fun social thing tonight and plan to ditch the diet and eat (and drink) everything on the menu. :)

There are three, not two, constants in life: death, taxes, and sinus issues.

And you'll have to let us know how the evening goes; I'm usually a coward and just eat stuff on the plates, not the menu. And the drinks... how will that work? Anyway, I admire your ambition. ;)

Got the alarm set to the right time... then woke up half an hour early anyway. Yeah - real funny, brain. Couldn't have done this yesterday?

Work was again worklike.

Nothing much else going on, save a roast roasting away in the oven. I also started reading a new book (The Darkest Part of the Forest, YA fantasy by Holly Black, sort of a blend of modern times and old-school, i.e. dark and somewhat predatory, fairy-tale themes), and I'm mostly liking it, though it feels a little jumbled up at times.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, I do try not to eat the menu. :p

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
AF?

I am doing that thing that I do on an evening. Read the Internet on my phone in the kitchen while I cook dinner and drink beer.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Just had to size down a new avatar picture. It wasn't too bad, for somebody who avoids such NASA-like tech. Anyway it worked. I look like a very bad, mauled imitation of George Clooney in The Perfect Storm. Shoot me now.

Looks like I have a beautiful Russian girlfriend from my dating site. She smoked the competition, a real sweet, intelligent dreamboat. I'll still play it real, real careful. She wants to remain in Kondom, Russia, with her great job, and then send ME money to relocate. I'm trying to find a clandestine motive in this but I haven't hit on one yet. I'm not going to waste a lot of negative energy. I'm going to live for the day when it comes. If not, I have about six other prospects to wade through and court.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to lunch at the Bonefish Grill, trying to find a good place for my group to meet. I know, I know, it's a dreadful burden but someone has to do it. They have a Hawaiian martini with an edible orchid on top, whoopee! I've never gone there before because I find the restaurant name unappealing. Also, I've never eaten an orchid.

ETA: Ravioli, send him some zoo doo! *nods sagely*

http://www.zoodoo.co.nz/

Last edited:

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Not writing. It's not writers block. It's Friday and I'm half way through the wine. X men is on the telly. I don't want to write, but somehow I feel better with my note pad and pen resting open on my lap.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I'm going to lunch at the Bonefish Grill, trying to find a good place for my group to meet. I know, I know, it's a dreadful burden but someone has to do it. They have a Hawaiian martini with an edible orchid on top, whoopee! I've never gone there before because I find the restaurant name unappealing. Also, I've never eaten an orchid.

ETA: Ravioli, send him some zoo doo! *nods sagely*

http://www.zoodoo.co.nz/
Oh poor you, Hawaiian martini and orchids! I pity you so, over here with my molten Milka and tap water :p

We actually had fun.. barely talked, but the sportsmanship was there....

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ergh... anyone have a terrier for rent? Or a good mouser to borrow... just overnight...

Got a danged mouse that ignores both peppermint oil and traps, and loves to sit around chewing loudly on paper all night long. It's rather a stupid creature - the night before, it must've fallen off something and pitched a squeaking fit. Figures, I get the failed mouse.) So I'm running on half a night's sleep maximum... and, with relatives being relatives and expecting all my time to be theirs, plus the last book I read being another frustrating disappointment (not bad enough for a bad rating, though, which is sometimes worse, because it doesn't deserve a cathartic review, yet it doesn't earn a great deal of praise), I got a bit of a short fuse today. Doesn't help when I learned how much overtime I've been missing out on because I have to be available to drive people places...

Don't mind me. It's just been one of those days... for far too many days in a row.

Anyway, the weather's nice, though it's likely to change soon. And work wasn't excessively worklike. (I also managed to snag some overtime next Saturday. Early as heck waking up, but at least it's over with by half past noon, which leaves me a good chunk of the day - assuming it isn't eaten by relatives again.)

Think I'll grab myself a root beer float or something.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A mouse. Eek! Can you borrow a cat, perhaps?

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
A mouse. Eek! Can you borrow a cat, perhaps?

I am not quite sure that restaurant was the best one for my group to meet at. I better try out another one tomorrow, just in case. Yes.

I used to have cats - six at one time. And there'd still be the occasional suicidal mouse that braved my room at night. (Anyone who says cats need to be taught how to hunt by their mothers never met my cats... even the one that I know was separated at five weeks, because he came to us at that age and didn't even comprehend solid food, would manage a mouse. Dang, I miss those boys.) Unfortunately, odds of me getting another one in here - even on a borrowing basis - are slim to none these days.

Yes, in the interest of group harmony and quality control, you're obligated to do as much location research as you can manage. Dessert menus are vital to a successful get-together, too, I find - one more bullet to take for the team. Be brave.

Well, the storage containers I got (to hide what paper I could from the moronic mouse) don't fit the stuff I wanted to put in them, or the places I wanted to put them - which is par for the course, and likely evidence of a storage container/shelving manufacturer conspiracy to keep one buying shelves to fit containers and vice versa in a perpetual loop - but I managed to do a little organizing and straightening and trap rearranging. Yeah, it needed doing anyway, I suppose... still hope the jerk wanders into a trap tonight.

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
I used to have cats - six at one time. And there'd still be the occasional suicidal mouse that braved my room at night. (Anyone who says cats need to be taught how to hunt by their mothers never met my cats... even the one that I know was separated at five weeks, because he came to us at that age and didn't even comprehend solid food, would manage a mouse. Dang, I miss those boys.) Unfortunately, odds of me getting another one in here - even on a borrowing basis - are slim to none these days.

Well, the storage containers I got (to hide what paper I could from the moronic mouse) don't fit the stuff I wanted to put in them, or the places I wanted to put them - which is par for the course, and likely evidence of a storage container/shelving manufacturer conspiracy to keep one buying shelves to fit containers and vice versa in a perpetual loop - but I managed to do a little organizing and straightening and trap rearranging. Yeah, it needed doing anyway, I suppose... still hope the jerk wanders into a trap tonight.

Good luck with the moronic mouse. When are those pesky relatives leaving?

Why can't you get a cat? Do you need to get a background check to get one? My sister had to when she adopted a cat from a shelter. Her previous cat, which was deaf, got killed by a dog.

Most of the cats here are strays. When I moved here, I was lucky to see one, but now they are everywhere, digging into the trash and braving the roads. Drivers are mental cases here; I dunno how many times I'd almost gotten hit by some loon. They're smarter than the dogs, which are kept indoors all day, excepting the daily stroll.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good luck with the moronic mouse. When are those pesky relatives leaving?

Why can't you get a cat? Do you need to get a background check to get one? My sister had to when she adopted a cat from a shelter. Her previous cat, which was deaf, got killed by a dog.

Most of the cats here are strays. When I moved here, I was lucky to see one, but now they are everywhere, digging into the trash and braving the roads. Drivers are mental cases here; I dunno how many times I'd almost gotten hit by some loon. They're smarter than the dogs, which are kept indoors all day, excepting the daily stroll.

The relatives aren't leaving because I live with them. And I can't get a cat because I don't have room; my cat run has been co-opted as a junk storage space. (Indoor cats are the only cats I'll have - too many predators and nasty neighbors around. I had a large screened outdoor run to increase their living space.) I'm also on a part-timer budget... the cats I got were free to me, but the vet bills and food weren't.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Ergh... anyone have a terrier for rent? Or a good mouser to borrow... just overnight...

Got a danged mouse that ignores both peppermint oil and traps, and loves to sit around chewing loudly on paper all night long. It's rather a stupid creature - the night before, it must've fallen off something and pitched a squeaking fit. Figures, I get the failed mouse.)
You know, there's a bright side to look at: mice are really cute! Many people breed them as pets in all kinds of colours, and curly, naked, extra shiny, long-haired,... My Mum actually used to put extra bird seed and little houses out in her garden to invite mice and dote on the tiny families of mummy and baby mouse coming to munch while she's reading the paper. She only started to regret this when the mice moved in. Inside. Kitchen and stuff. Now she has a cat named Sir Brutus who keeps them away.
Anyway, mice are cute! Put food where you suspect it hangs out, then night by night move the food closer to the door, out the door, and away from your home if that's possible.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
There is a sign at the vets warning that unsupervised children will be given expresso and a puppy.

Back from viewing a couple of houses. One really nice one with a triangular window in what would be the study. Lovely. Got some more interest in ours too. Fingers crossed, I might be a productive writer again by the end of summer.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Just sitting here, trying to figure out what I'm going to accomplish first. But fuck's sake, I'm so damn tired that I don't want to do a single thing. I work the night shift, then come home and perform the duties of a stay-at-home mom, sleep for 2-3 hours when my daughter finally goes to bed and do it all over again the next day. Seriously don't know how I am able to do it.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@WriterDude- Sending good thoughts your way about selling that house!

P.S. Just in case anyone needs to know, just because a type of orchid is edible does not mean it tastes good.

Last edited:

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
Fruitbat, you didn't like BoneFish grill? I found the food at ours top notch, and the atmosphere surprisingly casual. Oh wait, I'm thinking of BoneHEAD grill... seriously. it's good.

So what am I doing? Sitting on the couch, drinking coffee at 10:02 am. It's Saturday FFS do I HAVE to do something on Saturday? I've been busy every weekend for weeks and I work full time, so I declined all invitations/offers to "do something" for this weekend because I need to clean my house, do some laundry, dye my hair, paint my toenails, send out some distant reiki, pay attn to the full moon(I haven't even lit the Beltane altar I am soo behind), and put in the new kitchen sink- actually, the DH will put it in but you know, I have to "oversee" it. So here I sit, with a list of "stuff" to do....sipping coffee.

Last edited: