Reaction score
Playing chess! Actually jjust played mywworst game ever

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I should make a habit out of playing along when someone calls me by accident. This Yossi guy just messaged me, like, "Good evening, he's not coming tonight, maybe tomorrow, bye". So I'm like, "Who's this?" and he's like, "Yossi. Isn't this Anat?"
So I'm like, hoping he believes me, "No, this is Omer Adam (Israeli pop idol), which is why I'm surprised. My number isn't supposed to be viral."
He's like, "Ha ha very funny, you got nothing to worry about, you're far from viral. Becoming viral takes hard work."
So I'm like, "So anyway, what's up?"

Let's see what Yossi needs from Anat :snoopy:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
eating chocolate while resting my bones from gardening.

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
Currently on a DIY writer's retreat, sitting in my motel room...I swear to you, I just did a whole bunch of writing. Honest.

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
Swearing up a blue storm as another recruiter tells me I'm overqualified for a nice, long-term computer position. Tomorrow, another will tell me I'm qualified, but the company won't consider anyone without a 4-year degree. You know - like the degree Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg didn't/don't have. Nor did George Washington, Abraham Lincoln or Harry Truman. It doesn't matter that I ran a small software company successfully for twenty (yes, 20) years and have tremendous diversity and experience with computer software. Nah. Let's keep Dave out of work so eventually he'll have to make home in his Pontiac.

So damned frustrating.

TheEchelon

Registered
Reaction score
It's really sad when you think about it. Our current generation is conditioned to go to school, get a degree that doesn't prepare them for life or the workforce, and go find a job where they want you to have work experience AND the degree. If you can't get the job how can they get the experience? Applied work experience is much more profound than any piece of paper, no offense to anyone. You'll find what you need mate. Keep your chin up.

If us writers ruled the world, what would that look like? Haha.

And right now I am about to have a cigarette and figure out what I want to drink.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to get rid of the gawdawful headache I woke up with.

Swearing up a blue storm as another recruiter tells me I'm overqualified for a nice, long-term computer position. Tomorrow, another will tell me I'm qualified, but the company won't consider anyone without a 4-year degree. You know - like the degree Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg didn't/don't have. Nor did George Washington, Abraham Lincoln or Harry Truman. It doesn't matter that I ran a small software company successfully for twenty (yes, 20) years and have tremendous diversity and experience with computer software. Nah. Let's keep Dave out of work so eventually he'll have to make home in his Pontiac.

So damned frustrating.
Well, they have their lists you know. Seriously.

We are neighbors! And, btw, haven't you heard? Out here in CA, the economy has recovered? That's why it has become so easy to find employment these days. And once you've used up your unemployment benefits, you are no longer counted as being unemployed. :( It is like you've ceased to exist. I worked for a company that shut down 8 years ago. Most of the people I worked with went through just what you are going through. Some are still going through it.

My step-daughter lost her 80k/yr job when HP moved everything to India. She thought it would be easy to find another job, but now her severance package has been used up and her unemployment is running out. Still no job. She hit the same snag as you. That damn list. The company my step-son worked for closed a couple of years ago. He can't find work because his credit is bad. One of the reasons his credit sucks is because he doesn't have a job. And on and on.

I sure hope you find something soon. -- Are you willing to move?

Wondering where the smell in my fridge is coming from. Not entirely sure I want to find it.
I found something in a bottom cupboard like that once. I still have nightmares.

Rubbing my eyes and going for my shades! AW screen has turned into a giant Easter egg! --s6
Yeah, painful, isn't it?

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
Trying to get rid of the gawdawful headache I woke up with.

Well, they have their lists you know. Seriously.

We are neighbors! And, btw, haven't you heard? Out here in CA, the economy has recovered? That's why it has become so easy to find employment these days. And once you've used up your unemployment benefits, you are no longer counted as being unemployed. :( It is like you've ceased to exist. I worked for a company that shut down 8 years ago. Most of the people I worked with went through just what you are going through. Some are still going through it.

My step-daughter lost her 80k/yr job when HP moved everything to India. She thought it would be easy to find another job, but now her severance package has been used up and her unemployment is running out. Still no job. She hit the same snag as you. That damn list. The company my step-son worked for closed a couple of years ago. He can't find work because his credit is bad. One of the reasons his credit sucks is because he doesn't have a job. And on and on.

I sure hope you find something soon. -- Are you willing to move?
Sorry about the bang in your bean; I'm positive it's this New AW Screen on April Fools Day! My new motto: Don't eat yellow screen!

Very accurate description, WM, on how bad things really are job-wise, as opposed to what the market driven Gov-BigCorp consortium would have everyone believe. Gosh and golly, we wouldn't want anyone to sense a tremor in the force on Wall Street. That would not be swell.

It's not only awful; it's not yet close to hitting bottom. Jobs are disappearing and NOTHING is upcoming to replace them. Not like the horse and buggy days, giving way to the horseless carriage. Careers, professions, jobs are dissipating like the morning marine layer out here in Southern Californy. The next day, more jobs, more marine layer - then Poof!

Outsourcing of US jobs and careers to India, the Philippines, Eastern Europe - don't get me started. :) Especially the computer industry, because with the "wonder" of the Innerwebz - work can be done for a fraction of cost overseas, then transmitted back. Big profits to the tiny corps of high-and-mighty million/billionaires astride the corporate capstone of the business pyramid. Big losses for all of us down there at the base, supporting the entire structure.

Ceasing to exist, is what you said. EXACTLY. I didn't even get severance pay or unemployment because I had the unmitigated chutzpah to run my own business. Exported software out to other countries, brought cold cash into the US. Enabled hundreds of others using my software to implement it and make nice bucks consulting to clients. Enriching the state of Californy by living here, paying that state tax, spending the proceeds of my business here...

And now I don't exist. A helluva life, eh WM?

At any rate I'm writing a scathing book/commentary on my situation. :) I'd post the first page here, if not for the F-bombs.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering why my part of town doesn't have an official name, except for the original old housing tract names that hardly anyone remembers or even knew in the first place. My suggestions: "Northside" or maybe "North Park". Or maybe "Vito Village".