Check In- What Are You Doing?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Monday, and the crud hangs on enough to mess with sleep and make my head thick and generally make me think that working an extra day Tuesday would be a not-great idea.

Dang it.

On the plus side, we have real rain. Need a few days at least of that stuff; things are too dry around here. Just hope some of it's falling near the wildfires...

Got Things to do today. Making more art cleaning progress, then I have to get back to site work. First I have a book review to write up. And in theory we're still cleaning the kitchen, but I'm not the one in charge; I think we should take a donation/junk run day to clear out stuff we're not keeping, but like I said it's not my call.

Away I go...

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Most of the office is sick right now. :( Except me. I'm sure my years of pharmacy service have built my immune system into a fortress of antibodies and general resistance. Still staying 10 feet away from everyone though.

It was a Monday so work sucked, but I still managed to get everything cleaned up and out on time. Technically early but since I don't get breaks (still) I just leave if I'm done before my official go home time. Lazy is off tomorrow, I bet it will actually go better lol.

Just had dinner and from the sounds of it I'm probably heading over to Val's for a couple hours.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Monday afternoon, and I'm about ready to shut down for a while and get dinner started (probably cubed steak, because I'm lazy and I have cubed steak.)

Earlier I got the book review posted, and I just finally got some illos cleaned and resized for the site overhaul. (Well, I was happy...) Still have others, but these will work for now. Once I get the templates and CSS done, swapping illos later should be easy if I decide to. For now, though, I count it as success.

Been snacking too much again, but I got a couple quick exercise rounds in - trying to up the ante to three songs, not just two. Which means precisely squat, I expect, but it's something.

Still debating a night or two away next week - the peninsula's not on fire (yet), so if the weather doesn't suck (not a given), I might see if I can do something over there. Olympic National Park and all that... Ergh. Haven't had a chance to get that power steering flush thing yet, so I don't know if a road trip is a good idea until then.

Dang it.

Away I meander...

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Second coffee time.

Weather is going to be absolutely miserable the next couple of days what with the hurricane coming up the coast to wave at us. At least it's not making landfall; it'll essentially be a glorified nor'easter with rain. So still potentially dangerous, but nothing we're not used to dealing with already.

Not a lot going on this morning. I didn't stay too late at Val's last night, but I still slept in an extra hour. Dreary weather always makes me sleepy.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tuesday, and overslept enough to confirm that not working extra hours today was the right call. The bug likes to come back at night, sitting in my chest and messing up my sleep. Stupid bug.

Plans for today once again hinge on family. Barring them doing anything, I need to get some good, solid site overhaul work done, now that I have illos and can't use that as an excuse to procrastinate.

And off I go.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, only part of the housecleaning got done yesterday but that's okay, I just want to give it a going over before I have company this weekend.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tuesday evening, and I accomplished nothing except making dinner and dropping some stuff off at a thrift shop.

Nor will I accomplish anything but some spitball writing and reading (if that) before bed tonight.

Some days, you just gotta accept it's not gonna happen. This is one of those days.

Fingers crossed the crud backs off tonight so I can sleep - and wake up for the alarm.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Well this is going to be a fun one. I just got a text asking if I could come in early cause Lazy called out sick. Sigh. Not enough caffeine for this. Well off I go as soon as I finish getting ready.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wednesday morning, and chilling a bit before work. Another gray, sprinkly day on tap, with more shopping after work. Yes, again.

I'm sick of shopping...

Crud let off a bit last night, but my nose is still twitchy and gut's not happy (yes, it decided to set up shop in my intestines the other night. What fun... not.) But I'm good for work, I think. Last week before my week off - I'd say "vacation," but odds of actually going anywhere are increasingly slim.

Ergh.

And off I wander.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Should be a good day here. Writing today and going out tonight.

Hope you get to take a trip, BD. Or at least some cool day trips. :)

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wednesday afternoon, and momentarily sunny. Been a very variable weather day...

Work existed. They had a cake for my b-day (which is next week, but I'm off then), which was nice.

Then I had to shop my way home. That was less nice.

Now I'm sitting here, decompressing, wondering when I should get dinner started. Not entirely sure what I'm doing, but it probably should use chicken breast, because that's next up in order. Or I could do tacos and tater tots. I'm leaning toward the latter 'cause it's faster and I'm lazy.

Let the good times roll... or totter, I suppose.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
DH - Hmm... one wonders if she's walked off for good, or if she'll be asked to not come back. (Sort of reminds of our record short-timer - pulled a roughly similar stunt, calling out, then not showing up, before officially declaring her intention not to return because it was too much work.) Good luck!

LB - Enjoy the update!

Thursday morning. Gray again. I have nothing else to say about the day thus far, save I hopefully won't have to shop after work, which already puts it above yesterday.

Headin' out the door soon...

--

And it's afternoon. Firefox was being laggy for some reason - killed it in Task Manager, and now it's behaving fine. Weird.

In any event, work existed. Too much junk from the service center meant no early day. Dang it.

And I finally got an appointment for that power steering flush - middle of next week. I suppose I could still go somewhere for a couple nights, but that kinda pushes it back... Ergh. Fully expect it to be shot down anyway. Family's good at that, if nothing else.

I have a bad feeling I'll be drug out again tonight. (The sibling has a class on Thursday nights, so Mom's decided it's a way to get out of the house without her accusing us of sneaking out without her. Seriously, she does that sometimes.) Not that I don't mind not making dinner (or washing dishes), but every week?

Last edited:

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Funny you should mention that...

So I got to work about the same time the GM did, he was surprised to see me. I told him what Grumpy told me, he was not happy so he went and contacted her. And she gave him her resignation with no notice. Sigh.

So now it's me, Grumpy, and New Girl.

We are getting absolutely killed this week.

I am now drinking my first full coffee of the day...at 8:30 at night. I had like 3 sips of my morning coffee before going in, it was too hot to drink and I don't know where my travel mug got to.

By far the worst part? Lazy's final act totally c-blocked me. -.- I had plans with Val tonight, but by the time I finished work I was just too tired. He suggested we wait until tomorrow. He knows how long I worked because I saw him twice today. Once when he arrived in the morning and I helped him load, and again in the afternoon when he came back to drop off his paperwork.

I'm probably going to finish my coffee and go to bed.

One more day, one more day...

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
DH -Wow... Figured it was bound to happen, given her evident disinterest in the job, but didn't actually figure it would be that fast - I thought there'd be a few more rounds of tardiness and absenteeism before either she or management broke. Guess she really wasn't lazy when she decided what she wanted, after all... Hopefully whoever they replace her with actually does the job. Bummer that it comes down hard on everyone else in the meantime, though.

And it's Thursday night. As expected, we went out to dinner, a local BBQ place with very large portions (wound up bringing home half of my 1/2-pound beef brisket... really nice meat, just a little too much to eat at a time), then we hit a couple hardware stores. Saw a really bright sunset, and tried for pictures, but I haven't checked the camera to see if they came out yet. Why am I always in hardware store parking lots for cool sunsets lately? Why am I never in a park or on a hill or somewhere remotely picturesque? Ergh... pretty sure there was a rainbow outside while we were in the BBQ place, too, from the way people were looking up. Ain't that just a metaphor for my life...

Guess I'll poke around a bit before wandering off to bed, or rather for reading before bed. One more morning, then off until October.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
BD: Doesn't matter, had BBQ.

Well good riddance to Lazy imo, we really don't need someone with her attitude around dragging everyone down. The New Girl is actually a woman around my age or maybe a few years older who happens to be a friend of L's wife. She knows a couple of the Brazilians from her church too. So if nothing else I know she'll at least treat the drivers decently. It's just really frustrating because Lazy never bothered passing on her knowledge so we're scrambling to fill in the gaps and get NG up to speed.

She also gave me a good laugh the other day when she was talking about who she knows and she said she didn't know "the tiny one" aka Val. XD He's about the same height as me so he is on the short side for a guy; I'm above average height for ladies, but not by much.

So far so good this morning, no texts asking me to come in. I can actually sit here and enjoy my coffee and a homemade whoopee pie for breakfast. Grumpy's hours changed back to his old shift to pick up the slack for Lazy's absence. He'll have to handle things by himself until NG gets in for her 9-3, and then I'm in at 10 to finish out the day. Hopefully on time, I want some cuddle time tonight.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
DH - Sounds like things ought to be improving around work, then. Until the next Thing. (Sort of like mice - for every Thing you see coming, there's several sneaking around you don't see until they're tripping you up.)

Friday morning, and iffy sleep again will make for a not-fun day at work. At least I shouldn't have to shop my way home, with leftover brisket for lunch. Gotta get back to site work and writing this weekend; got an itch to get back to a stalled novel.

Away I meander.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BBQ or a rainbow... It's a close call but I, too, would take the BBQ. :p

DH- Hope work goes smoother now that you have some help who seems like she will actually be help.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Friday afternoon, waiting to see if the third time's the charm for getting lunch. Kitchen was being used when I got home. Kitchen was being used when I just checked (little hint: "I'm done" loses its meaning when a person is still puttering around fiddling with a sandwich... for over five minutes after declaring one's doneness). Feet are too tired to stand around waiting.

I'm hungry, dang it...

Work existed. Light load means they sent us home early rather than make us wait half an hour for the last truck.

One more try, feet...

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Coffee time. Break from cleaning.

So, a couple of fun new details that have emerged since Lazy resigned. One, the drivers 100% didn't like her and avoided her on purpose. I could have told her that lol but it was so funny to hear it. They're supposed to check in with dispatch before they leave in the mornings and almost all of them have been refusing. First day she's gone and they have to check in with Grumpy instead? No problems checking out lol.

Second, she left a not-so-anonymous complaint absolutely blasting the regional manager, who happens to be based out of our branch. She didn't sign it, but she left enough detail specific to her that she essentially doxxed herself. GG. Nice way to burn bridges. One of the night dispatchers sent me a picture of the email she sent lol, it was amusing.

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone.

And I've been having a really nice day. Val is such a sweetheart, he let me sleep in even though he had to leave early this morning for some side job he had lined up. He noticed I was still really tired last night, it was a long week. I would have been fine getting up but he insisted. He's adorable. I did sleep in a little, but I didn't want to overstay my welcome either. Did tidy up the mess we made before I left though, 'casual' doesn't mean rude.

Beautiful drive home, absolutely perfect weather. Sun just rising over the trees, not a lot of traffic out yet so it was still nice and quiet. I would have taken a picture if I wasn't on the highway.

Then home to clean up a week's worth of neglect from the long hours. Did take a nap and just woke up about an hour ago, hence the coffee. Gonna finish a few things up and relax. Haven't yet seen Val two nights in a row but maybe he'll be bored later. :)

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
DH - Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that Little Miss Lazy would be inept enough to torch her bridges on the way out the door. (The nerve of you people, expecting her to do the job for which she was hired... brought it on yourselves, you know. ;) ) Part of me's always wondered how those people live their lives; they seem to go from job to job, developing zero people skills or contacts, yet they keep getting hired.

Saturday afternoon, and it's a nice day out there.

Had myself a nice, indulgent snooze-in this morning, which was nice. Haven't done much aside from the room-tidying aside from poking at games (the sibling got me an early b-day gift, the citybuilder Banished from GOG - on sale this weekend.) Need to get back to site work and writing, but it's slack-off Saturday, so I'm not pushing myself on that.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
The best part is she's majoring in computer science so she of all people should know...

Also the main reason she claimed to have resigned is because she essentially wanted my shift. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen. Even if I had been ok with it (never, stay away from my afternoon drivers), she would never stay late to make sure everything is done. Yeah I don't like all this overtime, but I take my responsibility to the drivers very seriously. If I leave anything open, someone's not getting paid that week. So I do what needs to be done.

For now though, what I need is more coffee. Left my windows open by accident so now it's chilly in here and I'm too lazy to get a blanket.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sunday, and more okay weather out there. May do Something later today - not sure what, or when, or where. (Or with whom. Or why, save Mom's dropping hints about wanting to do "something.")

Yesterday was mostly spent poking at video games and slacking off. Today, I gotta do better. The website, despite numerous pointed looks and unsubtle hints, still refuses to overhaul itself, so it looks like I'll have to get back to that. Same with that novel, and the shorts I need to clear off my plate.

Still haven't made up my mind if I'm going anywhere later this coming week. I'm used to things being fouled up at the last minute, so I'm not making any commitments.

Away I go.

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
Household chores and things on my to-do list. And staring at my computer--my internet was fixed by techs five minutes ago, and it seems fine, but I worry about everything. But--it seems fine, and they gave me their business cards and were incredibly kind and professional.