South Dakota whips out a big new slogan and immediately yanks it

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
On second thought, "Don't Jerk and Drive" was too risque for the state of South Dakota.

That public safety campaign, intended to raise awareness about the dangers of jerking the steering wheel on icy roads, played on the double meaning of the word "jerk," which can also be a euphemism for masturbation. Officials admitted to the Argus Leader that the double entendre was intentional.

What wanker thought that slogan would be a good idea?

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2014/12/11/jerk-drive-campaign-stirs-discussion/20240607/

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I don't...

If they're not talking about the Corn Palace, they've obviously gone wrong anyway.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
What a bunch of jerks.

Double entendre intentional.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Can this be interpreted as South Dakota officials tacitly giving their approval of masturbating behind the wheel?

beckethm

Registered
Reaction score
I happened upon a follow-up article in my local paper this morning, which indicates that jerking isn't the only thing happening on South Dakota highways:

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/285997041.html

The study of the South Dakota students, recently published in the journal “Accident Analysis and Prevention” and co-authored by USD Prof. Cindy Struckman-Johnson, received responses from 195 men and 511 women who volunteered to be surveyed.
The survey found:
• 33 percent of men and 9 percent of women had sex while driving.
• 9 percent of men and 29 percent of women had sex while as a passenger.
• The two most common acts were oral sex (70.3 percent) and genital touching (60.4 percent).
• About 11 percent engaged in vaginal intercourse.
• Sexual activity lasted from 1 to 10 minutes for 42.7 percent of the respondents.
• About 49 percent were traveling 61 to 80 miles per hour during sex

I will definitely be watching the road more carefully next time I visit the Black Hills!