School Attacked In Pakistan - 100+ dead

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Cornflake, do you have a link for that statement somewhere? What I read is that thd school was mostly for children of military personnel, and they were using that as their excuse. Because you know, that makes it way less completely fucking evil. Or something.

(Eta: since I'm not sure the above was clear, the statement I read was they were targeting the children of military personnel intentionally, not the adults)

Last edited:

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, all events in the world follow a chain of causality. But I'm impressed that this winds up being (a) the U.S.'s fault; (b) not the Taliban's fault.

I'm confused. Did anyone say that it's all the US's fault and not the Taliban's? Cause saying that the US contributed to it =/= saying that the Taliban is totally not to blame for it.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Cornflake, do you have a link for that statement somewhere? What I read is that thd school was mostly for children of military personnel, and they were using that as their excuse. Because you know, that makes it way less completely fucking evil. Or something.

(Eta: since I'm not sure the above was clear, the statement I read was they were targeting the children of military personnel intentionally, not the adults)

I went looking, as I'd heard it yesterday during the reporting of the attack, on NPR or CNN.

It's either my mistake or a mistake in reporting the comment. Not sure which.

They said they weren't targeting 'small children,' and the gunmen had instructions to clear the young kids. They say they did intend to kill older kids, as well as school personnel.

As here -

"We selected the army's school for the attack because the government is targeting our families and females," he said. "We want them to feel the pain." He said six suicide bombers were sent to the school with orders to allow the youngest students to leave and to kill the rest.

I found the same thing other reliable places. Somewhere the 'small' got lost (one site, the BBC I think, had a direct quote saying they weren't targeting small children), either on the way to me or by me. Sorry bout that.

Suggesting that a horrifying act occurred in relation to things that came before doesn't, in any way, excuse the act or the people committing it. Things are contextual. I don't see what good it'd do to look at everything as if each event is disconnected from a whole.