The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [eZine] Terraform

[eZine] Terraform

Anyone have any dealings with Terraform? They launched in November of this year, have some short stories up already, and pay $0.20/word. Submission guidelines are here.

They seem to be part of larger internet-news-magazine called Motherboard.
    My Heart Bleeds Red-1st Draft DONE (Space Opera Romance Thriller Thingy)-66k
    Hiatus: A Fallen Called Bob-1st Draft (UF dark comedy murder mystery thingy) 22.6k/????

Terraform

I sent Terraform a story almost two months ago and haven't heard a thing since. They're evidently still publishing; there's new content on the site. Does anyone have a query address for Terraform? Does anyone know what their typical response time is? Thanks for any info.

My response took about two months. They're a bit new to really know what's typical for them.
    * Polenth *

Website | Blog / Send Review Requests | Twitter
    Sunstruck - Bigfoot Urban Fantasy Novel

practical experience, FTW Sara K.'s Avatar
    It looks like Motherboard is part of Vice Magazine, meaning that they are certainly reputable, and explains why they can pay such a high rate as a new publication.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Terraform, specifically: http://motherboard.vice.com/terraform
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

So, here's my full experience. I submitted in November 2014, shortly after Terraform opened. In January 2015, I got an acceptance. They said they'd send the edits soon. That's the last I heard from them. I tried nudging about the edits, and eventually withdrew my story in April 2016. They're still active and buying things from other people, so I don't know what went wrong. All I know is I never heard from them again.
    * Polenth *

Website | Blog / Send Review Requests | Twitter
    Sunstruck - Bigfoot Urban Fantasy Novel