So. . . . that torture thingie.

Romantic Heretic

uncoerced
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.romantic-heretic.com
Are you finished calling me names now? Do you feel better?

I don't care about the high road or being right. When we are at war, I only care about winning. I wouldn't care if they lined all of the remaining prisoners up against a wall and shot them, I'd watch the video. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

So, the purpose of war is not to force an opponent to do something they would not otherwise do. It is to destroy your enemies utterly. Kill them. Kill their spouses. Kill their children. Kill their parents. Wipe them from the earth and then from memory.

Got it.

Then we have no excuse for them answering us in kind. We've set the standards and war is always an activity of extermination.

By my standards, you've lost the war already.

Beware when you battle monsters,
lest you become a monster.
And as you gaze into the abyss,
the abyss gazes also,
into you.

One of the few wise things Nietzsche ever said.

Romantic Heretic

uncoerced
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.romantic-heretic.com
We didn't start this war.

How do you get around? A horse? The US has a vested interest in the areas we go to war mainly because we are not allowed to drill for our own oil. When the entire stability of the oil producing regions of the world is threatened, the US gets involved.

You can't have it both ways. I say drill here and let them go on killing each other as they have for thousands of years.

War? War? How is fighting against a very loose association of madmen and sadists a war?

They have no capital to conquer. They have very little organization to dismantle. Their weapons factories are our weapons factories. We don't even understand their motivations that well so we have no strategy to stifle their ambitions.

How is this war?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
War? War? How is fighting against a very loose association of madmen and sadists a war?

How is this war?

Because it's been dubbed a war by the same people who apparently don't want it to be a war when it comes to the treatment and containment of the prisoners of that war.

If they're going to call it a War on Terror, then the prisoners should be treated with the humanity afforded POWs as outlined by the agreements this country has signed.