• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Syn Publishing

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
This publisher showed up on my radar today (in a newsletter from a review site, but I can't find the e-mail now!) and I looked at their website. They seem very new, with few authors, but I'm wondering if anybody here can shed some light about them? I searched for a thread, didn't find one.
Here's the URL: http://www.synpublishing.com/

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
I'm not familiar with this publisher, but just a quick look at their site, one thing in particular sticks out to me. They claim to accept "all genres of fiction" but they obviously have a romance focus if not bias. The books on the front page all appear to be romances. Most of the submission guidelines are obviously geared toward romance and/or erotica (asking for a heat level, etc.) so I'm not sure why they don't just stick to what they know instead of trying to be all things to all people. Most small publishers are more successful when they focus on one or two genres, anyway.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
From their FAQ page they state about 100 days to edit? It's a little over 3 months which isn't long at all. Most places take a lot longer. The rush edit raises flags for me.

Justin K

Registered
Reaction score
Everything looked not quite professional. The page counter at the bottom was the icing on the cake.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Anita Cox is also one of the authors, so it seems this is an author/publisher. Not necessarily a bad thing, I think, but since there's no mention of publishing experience that I can see, I'll keep it in my 'check in a few years' file.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone. No sign she published anyone but herself. (Is still self-pubbing under imprint).