The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Chart House Press

practical experience, FTW

Chart House Press

During PitMad yesterday, I got a fave from Chart House Press:
    http://charthousepress.com/

From what I can dig up, it seems like they are billing themselves as a "hybrid" press, with trad-published authors and self-published authors that they "assist" in some way. This, coupled with the general lack of a web presence, makes me a little suspicious.

I've literally scoured the web looking for anything about them. I searched this forum in many different ways, and didn't find anything. (Although given my prior experiences, a thread for them probably exists somewhere and I've missed it!) I looked over Writer Beware. I went back through Twitter feed--they only have 113 tweets, which tells me they're relatively young. I even did a whois lookup, but that only told me they have a private domain, which is not all that unusual. (I do, as well).

Anyone else know anything about them?

I got a fave from them too, and turned up pretty much the same info you did. I had a little interaction with them on Twitter yesterday, and got this info:

"We've been around for about 1 1/2 years, and gaining momentum. I'd love to answer any ?s you have!" and "We have three contract types: traditional, hybrid, assisted self-pub. Royalties from 30-60%."

In response to me saying that I didn't see much info out there about them via Google: "It's good you did some hunting! We're very involved in our local writing community, but we're working on expanding our presence."

Me: "don't see any romance in your roster currently. Is that still a genre you are looking to acquire?" (my novel that they faved is a romance)

Chart House Press: "Yes it is! We signed our first romance author last week. "Left to Forever" by @roevalentine comes out 02/2015."

So now I know more than I did. Posting this in case it helps.
    MS1: Terrible ghost story. Trunked, to be mined later for decent descriptive phrases.
    MS2: Florida Suburban Fantasy. Drafting/On Hold till after some kissing is written.
    MS3: Contemporary romance with a Russian accent. AGENTED!
    MS4: Fake engagement plus tattoos and kissing. Outlining.
    MS5:
    Kissing at the Renaissance Faire. Planning/outlining.
    MS6:
    Backstage at the ice show with kissing. Planning.
    Website / Twitter

Shrug. I'll see where they are in two years. #PitMad is hella fun to watch, but I'm very skeptical of many agents/publishers who show up there.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Filigree View Post
    Shrug. I'll see where they are in two years. #PitMad is hella fun to watch, but I'm very skeptical of many agents/publishers who show up there.
    Agreed. This was my first time participating, and I started hyperventilating when I started getting stars. Then I started Googling and got slightly less excited. Though I did end up with a couple of good prospects, so I call it a win.

Think of PitMad as a speed-dating party with a lot of people you don't know. You get an intro to some interesting folks, but you also need to do your research.

I like start-ups. I've also been screwed over by some of them. If you like them, and they offer, it's still a good idea to only commit work you can afford to lose.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

practical experience, FTW
    Thanks for adding that, Jeneral. I saw that when I was perusing their Twitter account, but didn't add it here.

Yeah, I think I'm not going to be jumping on this any time soon.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I'd love to know if any other info about them. Also got some interaction during #SFFpit. Asked for pages, but not certain its worth it if they're very small/hybrid.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Hmm. No activity since early '15, side venture (https://writeabook.us/) seemingly abandoned, and owner's LinkedIn implies he's moved on. Anyone have recent contact?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: