A feces IV drip. What a way to go.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
So, a wife injects shit (no, literally, shit) into her husband's IV drip while he's in the hospital, recovering from heart surgery. He didn't die and, after she gets out of jail, the forgiving husband says they'll take marriage counseling.

Now this story does a few things to my writerbrain:

1) How angry do you need to be at your spouse to kill him with shit?

2) Literary/cinematic moment-to-ponder: the collection of the (attempted) murder weapon.

3) How do you ever stop being mortified (on discovery, on arrest, on arraignment, on sentencing, in the media) when the details of your grand plan are displayed for judgement.

4) Does that man really forgive her or is he just hatching an equally diabolically creative and unsanitary plot to win this game of I-can-be-grosser-than-you ?

My favorite line from the whole article?

Vogel was not trying to kill her husband but instead sought to take charge of the relationship, Prosecutor Blaine Gadow said.

Last edited:

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
2 thoughts.

Husband to wife. "I'm not taking any more shit from you!"
Wife response. "We'll see about that!"

2nd thought.

EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! EW!EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! EW!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly this woman did not do her research. Wouldn't the man be on antibiotics already? Should have used antifreeze, which is classic for a reason.

Maryn, shaking her head

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Well this is certainly difficult to stomach. Why is she being treated with so much leniency? I find the excuse of "intending to take charge" very difficult to believe.

Last edited:

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
The upside for him is that from now on, if she calls him a shit for brains, he can say, "Well, whose fault is that?"

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
She says she didn't want to kill him, only to take charge of the relationship. She also says she has no memory of it. How can have no memory of the act, but claim to know her motivation for it?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
She says she didn't want to kill him, only to take charge of the relationship. She also says she has no memory of it. How can have no memory of the act, but claim to know her motivation for it?

In my expert opinion, she's full of shit.

Maybe not as much as her hubby, but...

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Last edited:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe he ate shit and liked it?

Nah...

Okay, it answers the question of "Why are your eyes brown?"

Okay, no it doesn't.

How about, "You're the shit, man!"

Whatever, I bow to Vince's shitty superiority...:D

Anyhow, gang, how is it that the wife could actually be let off so leniently? Mind=blown...

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
You know, what this women did was a unique kind of evil, but at the same time I can't help but feel a twinge of sympathy.

She said she was depressed, and wanted to "take charge" of the relationship. The article states "the couple" plans to attend counseling, but I'm wondering who did the bulk of the decision-making there.

I realize it's a mug shot, but she looks pretty darn defeated too. I also realize I'm probably reading way too much into a short article when I say her quoted words sounds pretty hollow.

But, god. The method just seems so symbolic of something. Like she wanted to be found out, and was completely fine with life in prison as a result, but instead she gets a single year and in the end, she's still stuck with the guy.

Sounds like the relationship was pretty shitty before actual shit got involved. (I mean, obviously, but I'm imagining the day-to-day dynamics and it's not a pleasant picture.) I should stop making up stories about real people I don't know. :tongue

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly this woman did not do her research. Wouldn't the man be on antibiotics already? Should have used antifreeze, which is classic for a reason.

Maryn, shaking her head
I was just thinking of that, and I remember several times over the years when this woman was in the news - she was arrested after her SECOND murder using antifreeze:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Turner_(murderer)
http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...usband-boyfriend-antifreeze-committed-suicide

Ben, trying hard not to many any more puns on four-letter words.

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
In my expert opinion, she's full of shit.

Maybe not as much as her hubby, but...
Vince, you're really full of them tonight. Or something.
icon10.gif

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Not evil, passive aggressive--she was tired of taking his shit so she plotted to give him some shit of her own but without confrontation. When it comes to PA types I know my shit--s6