• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Bent Agency (Jenny Bent)

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
Looks like it, Ty.D.... I sent my full in March and haven't heard anything. I've been arguing with myself lately about whether or not to send a nudge. I don't mind waiting but I'm afraid someone read it, didn't like it, and forgot to inform me!

Hoovlette

Mommy of Two (Soon-to-be three)
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd give the current stats for Jenny:

Queried 9/28
Rejection 10/8

So...a week and a half? Roughly?

:)

Amy28

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jenny on 9/21 and am still waiting.

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I queried over a month ago and didn't hear back, so I resent according to their website's guidelines. Today I got a response saying my query is still under consideration. So if you're outside the one-month response time that's stated on their submissions page, I'd wait a little longer. A response is probably coming. :)

Good luck, everybody~

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that they're still a bit behind. Just thought I'd let everyone know, in case anyone's nail-biting it with me :)

I queried Ms. Hawk on 11/4. I'll drop back in when I receive a response.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried 11/4
Full request received 11/28

YA science fiction

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Faith

Registered
Reaction score
My stats for The Bent Agency:
EQ: 6-15-10 YA Paranormal Mystery to Susan Hawk
Req for Full: 8-17-10
Full Sent: 8-18-10

11-28-10: Because I had not heard anything, I emailed Ms. Hawk for confirmation that she rec'd the MS. I made it a point to indicate that it was not a nudge and that I was simply looking for confirmation that she rec'd it. I was afraid I was waiting on pins & needles for no reason!

12-01-10: Rec'd conf from Ms. Hawk that it was rec'd. No additional information.

No word since. Since my original full submission in Aug, I have done some major polishing/editing. The original ms was reduced from 98,000 to 84,000 words and is much tighter now. She has had my ms for nearly 6 months now and I don't know if I should send an email indicating that there is an updated ms or not.

Any advice or direction is appreciated. I really would LOVE to have Ms. Hawk as an agent and I'm trying desperately not to screw this up!

Thanks!

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Faith,

I just want to stress that I'm a query newbie, but I think you'd be okay sending a polite e-mail regarding the revised manuscript and asking Ms. Hawk if she'd like to see it. Others may weigh in with better advice, though.

Good luck!

Faith

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Hester! I think you are probably right. I should have offered it up to her when I sent the email asking for confirmation that she rec'd the ms to begin with. In my defense, I was just terrified that she had not received it at all and I was terrified of seeming pesty. *slaps forehead*

I want to give her plenty of time, but like I said, it has been 6 months. I'm very new to this as well (obviously) but doesn't that seem long????

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
My stats for The Bent Agency:
EQ: 6-15-10 YA Paranormal Mystery to Susan Hawk
Req for Full: 8-17-10
Full Sent: 8-18-10

11-28-10: Because I had not heard anything, I emailed Ms. Hawk for confirmation that she rec'd the MS. I made it a point to indicate that it was not a nudge and that I was simply looking for confirmation that she rec'd it. I was afraid I was waiting on pins & needles for no reason!

12-01-10: Rec'd conf from Ms. Hawk that it was rec'd. No additional information.

No word since. Since my original full submission in Aug, I have done some major polishing/editing. The original ms was reduced from 98,000 to 84,000 words and is much tighter now. She has had my ms for nearly 6 months now and I don't know if I should send an email indicating that there is an updated ms or not.

Any advice or direction is appreciated. I really would LOVE to have Ms. Hawk as an agent and I'm trying desperately not to screw this up!

Thanks!

Faith, I received a full request from Ms. Hawk on 11/28/2010 and sent it within a few days. Then in mid-January, I finished a revision another agent requested. I asked Ms. Hawk if she'd like to swap out the older draft for the newer version, and she got back to me within twenty-four hours to say she'd be happy to do that. So I think you could definitely follow up with her again and offer the revised manuscript, especially since it's been almost three months since you followed up the first time.

Hope that helps, and best of luck!

Faith

Registered
Reaction score
KristaG - Thanks for the info. I think you and Hester are right. I'll email her today and ask if she would like the updated version. Wish me luck!

I'll keep my fingers are crossed for you!

Doobie Cantrip

Registered
Reaction score
I sent an E-query to Jenny Bent on January 12th and got a pleasant form rejection only 2 hours later!

elissamarie

Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Susan Bent on Sunday the 6th. Nothing yet! Fingers crossed? Will check back in with the results.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a 6-month nudge at the beginning of the month, and Susan informed me she was behind on reading fulls.