• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Bent Agency (Jenny Bent)

writermom

Avada Kedavra
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Bent sent me a request for a full last week. I wrote a note thanking her, but expressing that I have other representation. My note bounced – 3 times – because of a full mailbox. I queried in late Jan/early Feb. So… chances are she hasn’t read your query yet. ;)

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Bent sent me a request for a full last week. I wrote a note thanking her, but expressing that I have other representation. My note bounced – 3 times – because of a full mailbox. I queried in late Jan/early Feb. So… chances are she hasn’t read your query yet. ;)
Ooh wouldn't it be lovely! A chance, perhaps, to dream.

Congratulations on finding an agent!!

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations on finding an agent.:hooray: What do you write?

loriwriter

Registered
Reaction score
The Bent Agency still says:
PLEASE NOTE: as of May 1, 2009, we have put a temporary hold on submissions as we work our way through an overwhelming backlog of submissions. We hope to be back up and running by the end of the month.

Well, it's past the end of May and half way into June. Any word if she's open to queries again and just hasn't updated her website? I'd love to query her.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
The Bent Agency still says:
PLEASE NOTE: as of May 1, 2009, we have put a temporary hold on submissions as we work our way through an overwhelming backlog of submissions. We hope to be back up and running by the end of the month.

Well, it's past the end of May and half way into June. Any word if she's open to queries again and just hasn't updated her website? I'd love to query her.

I haven't heard if she's open. I still haven't heard from her on my 4/4 query, nor my Sept '08 query.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
She was my first request for my YA novel, The Guardians. Sadly, it was in it's very first draft stages, and she passed. She was a real sweetheart about it.

I'm hoping she's opened back up by the end of the month b/c I want to query her my WIP....which should be finished and Betaed by then. I'm in overdrive mode!!!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
She was my first request for my YA novel, The Guardians. Sadly, it was in it's very first draft stages, and she passed. She was a real sweetheart about it.

I'm hoping she's opened back up by the end of the month b/c I want to query her my WIP....which should be finished and Betaed by then. I'm in overdrive mode!!!

Go Juneluv! I might requery later this summer on a new WIP myself.

claena

Heather Petty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
heatherwpetty.com
I queried her in January and got a full request. I nudged in May and got a rejection in early June saying she liked the voice and concept, but didn't dig the love story arc. But she referred me to Holly Root, who she thought would be interested. ahahahaha! Love it!

But I just wanted to say that I know she's been busy with set up and flooded with queries. She's also been attending conferences. So she will get back to you, just try to be patient.

I think she'd be a fantastic agent, and I wish you all good luck!

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
She's accepting subs again.

I met her at a conference. She's funny, smart & seems like a great agent.

So I submitted to her today. Fingers, toes, teeth & eyes crossed!

emandem

Registered
Reaction score
jennibly--I queried her back in March. Per her blog, some of the March queries slipped through the cracks, and I actually didn't get the request for the partial until a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how it goes.

jennibly

Registered
Reaction score
jennibly--I queried her back in March. Per her blog, some of the March queries slipped through the cracks, and I actually didn't get the request for the partial until a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck! :)

MichaelP

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.portablemagicblog.com
Received a full request today from a query!

Question -- I was instructed to include my last name, first name, and date in the document. Does this mean in the header, do you think? What about page numbers?

Not to be paranoid, but I'd like to make sure I format correctly.

Thanks.

Mike

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
If you're sending a hard copy, most people like (or did when hard copy was popular) to put name (or both names) and title and page number on the running header. This helps if someone drops the hardcopy and pages fly every where. It also leads to the file with your contact information in it.

If you're sending an attachement, I'd at least put all that on the first page. Some people don't like page numbers for these.

Or you could just email her and ask.

Oh, and congrats!

Stlight

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Received a full request today from a query!

Question -- I was instructed to include my last name, first name, and date in the document. Does this mean in the header, do you think? What about page numbers?

Not to be paranoid, but I'd like to make sure I format correctly.

Thanks.

Mike

There are many references on proper formatting. I have often used the recommendations given on the SFWA website. Look under "Manuscript Preparation." (Note--the one marked with an asterisk is a joke.)

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Tbrosz,

Thanks -- I'm familiar with standard formatting, but the request I received was for something different.

Mike

Interesting. If she wants something "off-standard," it might be useful when you've hammered it out to post details here for others who might need to know.

It would be nice if agents and publishers who want something other than standard format would put their preferences prominently on their websites...

MichaelP

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.portablemagicblog.com
Interesting. If she wants something "off-standard," it might be useful when you've hammered it out to post details here for others who might need to know.

It would be nice if agents and publishers who want something other than standard format would put their preferences prominently on their websites...

This isn't for a query, it's for a request to see a full, so putting it on the website probably isn't necessary. I'm just being paranoid in making sure I follow instructions appropriately!