• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Bent Agency (Jenny Bent)

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
no big announcement from me. Just to clarify, Ms. Bent passed on my projects. I sent her my latest too, but she ultimatey passed. I have some other agents looking at it.
So while I appreciate the congratulations on getting her to look at partials and fulls of my work, in the end it was a no go. Hopefully someone else will feel differently. But thanks for your support, Gary :)

TonyD.

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, folks. New to this site. Yesterday, I got a request for a full from Scott Miller at Trident. Does anyone have any clue as to how long it will take for him to get back to me? Thanks.

frustratedguy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious whether anyone has an opinion about whether Jenny loses any of her cache by leaving Trident to start her own agency. When she is trying to sell someone's book, are publishing houses just as interested as they would be if she were still at Trident? Does she have enough of a track record that the move is irrelevant?

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think her cachet will be diminished at all by striking out on her own, since she brings her own network of contacts with her.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried Jenny since she started her own agency? I'm wondering what her response time is.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I had a query R in about 2 weeks. I get the impression, because she's a new agency, that she's been overwhelmed with queries, according to some of her 'tweets'

claena

Heather Petty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
heatherwpetty.com
I have a full ms with her that she's had since mid-January when she was with Trident.

*fingers crossed*

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Here is today's alert from Jenny's blog...
"ALERT: A Temporary Hold on Queries
As of right now, the queries@thebentagency in-box is completely full and if you send e-mail you will receive an error message. I'm asking that people please hold off on querying for a week or two (and please don't send directly to my e-mail or to [email protected]). I'll let you know when we've gotten everything caught up. We are working through over 1,000 queries. Thanks so much to everyone for thinking of me."

Thought this might explain some of the 'no response yet' dialog here! hang in there, y'all, she's plowing through!
Also, it appears she is looking for interns - see her blog (link on her website) for more info.
Peace ~ hawk

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomalanbrosz.wordpress.com
It's important for us to realize that many agents have a work pattern of piling up queries then spending a few days grinding through a lot of them at once. It's not like they don't have plenty of other demands on their time!

Since we usually don't know what their schedules are, those of us who query right after a session may have to wait a long time for a response. Those who query right before or during a session might get a quick response.

So quick or slow responses should not generate an assumption that an agent is quick or slow all the time, or that some writers are getting special treatment while others get the runaround.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I queried my adult novel on Saturday night, and I got a prompt reject yesterday(Monday).I had no idea she was working through so many queries. I was really impressed on the quick turn around since it took her about seven days to ask for a partial for my YA novel when she was still at Trident.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I still haven't gotten a response on my 4/4 query. Guess she's still working thru the pile.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her on 4/02 and haven't heard. I actually wasn't expecting to unless it's a request because her website says that she doesn't respond to all queries. It's interesting that people have received rejections from her, I'll update it I hear anything.