DecNoWriMo 2014!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy last day of NaNo, everyone! Thought I'd get our December thread going so everyone can post their goals for the month.

Although I may be crazy trying to accomplish this in the busiest month of the year, my main goal is to finish the first draft of my WIP before midnight of the 31st. I think I'm at least 15k to 20k out from the end, and I'm not a fast writer, but I really want to do this. So here goes:

Finish first draft of WIP: 101,350 out of ?????
Read two books: 0 out of 2
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1

So...what are your December goals?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
My goals:

1. Re-read what's already written on "Black Book" WIP.
2. Finish first draft of "Black Book" - 15-20k needed.
3. Do 1 editing pass on "Black Book".
4. Apply for a passport so I can apply for an ITIN later.

So yes. Those are my goals. :)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I will be gone for the holidays, and historically I don't have much of a chance to write. I'm already having a slump right now from having no time to write in the past few months, so I fear this will just make it even harder to get back into the swing of writing.

Thus, my goals will be pretty simple for December:

--Finish WIP #2.

If I'm able to get more time to write, I'll try to finish WIP #1, but I don't really see that happening.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Hit 50K, but the story was an ugly mess. Oh well, another notch on the bedpost.

December goals!

• Crit friend's short story (first because she's got a deadline)
  • 3 novels to beta read (maybe four, depends)
  • apply edits to my novel
  • plot SNI
  • go to class
So much reading to do. I really like beta'ing, so that's a plus. Looking at the list like this, I think I'm going to be stupid busy again...

That last one is added because I signed up for a class, and I'm worried I'm going to chicken out.

I'm glad to be back in these threads with you folks. I missed you all in November. :D

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Howdy y'all!

So NaNo in November didn't result in 50k words. I was ill for the majority of the month. I'm not entirely recovered, but eh, writing goals are needed anyway. My NaNo project was a short story collection. But, in retrospect, they probably need to be novels. So...

1. Properly plot The Canada Show.
2. Write 25k words.

So there you go. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I now have confirmation that I've passed all my Uni topics. Woo! I'm still waiting on participation grades, but it's looking like probably 2 Bs and an A for this semester. :D

And this means that I have successfully completed my Arts degree! :D:D:D

*ahem* Carry on.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Nicely done, Cliff! :D

I was putting an elliptical machine together on Friday while in my region's NaNo chat room, and when I told everyone "Yay! Finished!" someone who logged on after I mentioned what I was doing congratulated me and I had to tell her "thanks, but I don't think I just finished what you think I just finished." :tongue

Goals. Hm.

*Finish writing all the papers I need to finish for the term
*Write at least 10k of something
*Read at least 5 books
*Finish 5 DayZero goals
*Complete the essays and stuff for the important scholarship applications I need to get done
*Work on my grad school comparison spreadsheet
*Play video games (yep, going back to adding that one into my list of monthly goals...)

The next week is going to make my head explode, but we'll see how it goes!

~Amber~

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for December! If I hit all of my goals for December, I might start outlining for a third WIP. Hmm....

Goals for December.

-- Finish revisions for WIP#1. It's around 70,000 out of 75,000. I have to rewrite the last two chapters, so final word count will be around 80,000. I printed out hard copy of the first 60,000 words and started double checking for grammar and word choices. Planning on beta-readers January 1st!

-- Finish writing rough draft WIP#2 from Nano. It's at 64,000 currently. Not sure how long it will be. It's in decent shape. Won't require a complete rewrite like WIP #1.

-- Review 4 books.

-- Hit reading goal of 100 books for the year. I'm currently 89/1000.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Here's my list of December goals:

• Finish all client edits for December (this includes one MS with a second round of edits, another with two rounds of edits)
  • Finish proofreading jobs for December (two proofreading jobs)
  • Edit/revise the first book in the Allegro Academy trilogy
  • Blog at least two times a week on my author blog, preferably more
  • Go through edits for "The Clumsy Magician" and "Grave Error", since both will be released in December
  • Finish first draft for Ghostslayer (40k/75k words)
  • Start outlining and writing Demonic Pact, sequel to The Soul Thief
On top of that, I also want to take promoting the books to the next level. I'm participating in some twitter share groups, and trying out some other ideas.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to finish my current project in December so I can gear up for a new one in January.

caracy

Expert on Absolutely Nothing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.francinezane.com
I did the 50k thing for NaNoWriMo. It is out with readers. This month, I would like to outline and draft the offensive sequel, so my work buddy will leave me alone. Apparently she doesn't appreciate the character I wrote around her persona left as a happy femenist/lesbian hiking guide in Alaska. She is afraid her butt will freeze off. So I have been left with the task of moving her from Alaska to somewhere warmer as her mother pays a kidnapper to reverse the brainwashing that turned her lesbian, and we all know how well that will work out. Meanwhile, mom is out with a gun too big for her purse tracking down the dwarf minister who turned her precious daughter lesbian. I sincerely doubt there are bullets in the gun. I hope. If there are, the female dwarf minister channels Patrick Swayze as Dalton from Road House. She can kick mom's butt with one hand tied behind her back and the other tied to her broken leg all while chanting "Pain don't hurt."

That should keep me busy and out of trouble for the month.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm joining in here because I'm determined to both participate more in writing communities and also hold myself accountable to goals. I completely sucked at productivity this year up until NaNo, and now that I've proven I can do it there's no excuse not to keep doing it.

So my goal for December is 100,000 words of writing total, which is really a very easy goal for me. So I'll have no excuse not to make it.

I just need to point out that all these smilies moving together look like a giant rainbow caterpillar to me. I must've spent ten minutes staring at them.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just need to point out that all these smilies moving together look like a giant rainbow caterpillar to me. I must've spent ten minutes staring at them.

Hypnotic, aren't they?

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I find I slack of less when I participate in these thread, so I'm going to try and keep it up again :)

Goals for this month:
  • Plot L2 with the Snowflake Method
  • Plot L3 with the Snowflake Method
  • Clean up novella first chapter and send to critique group
  • Critique all submissions to the group within the first week
  • Read friend's revisions on her novel
  • Play through some of the new content in Warlords of Draenor

Hopefully I'll get through all that.

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
Post-NaNo goals:

1. Survive the end of the semester.
  2. Read all the books I've been neglecting for months.
  3. Finish at least one short story.
  4. Begin revising last year's NaNo.
  5. Begin outlining my stories for Camps NaNo in April & July of 2015.
  6. Join a critique group and actually be an active participant.
  7. Complete that blasted internship of mine.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
They look like a M&Ms to me and makes me want to eat them.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I did the 50k thing for NaNoWriMo. It is out with readers. This month, I would like to outline and draft the offensive sequel, so my work buddy will leave me alone. Apparently she doesn't appreciate the character I wrote around her persona left as a happy femenist/lesbian hiking guide in Alaska. She is afraid her butt will freeze off. So I have been left with the task of moving her from Alaska to somewhere warmer as her mother pays a kidnapper to reverse the brainwashing that turned her lesbian, and we all know how well that will work out. Meanwhile, mom is out with a gun too big for her purse tracking down the dwarf minister who turned her precious daughter lesbian. I sincerely doubt there are bullets in the gun. I hope. If there are, the female dwarf minister channels Patrick Swayze as Dalton from Road House. She can kick mom's butt with one hand tied behind her back and the other tied to her broken leg all while chanting "Pain don't hurt."

That should keep me busy and out of trouble for the month.
This sounds like a fun read haha.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, the first day of December is drawing to a close, and I actually got some writing done, so hooray for me. I hope the rest of the month is as productive.

Finish first draft of WIP: 102,226 out of ?????
Read two books: 0 out of 2
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1