Hey Malia and Sasha, Have A Little Class, Willya?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Well, then there was that jaywalking charge, Haggis. They had you bang to rights on that one.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Well, then there was that jaywalking charge, Haggis. They had you bang to rights on that one.
I've been arrested. Spent the night in Cook County Jail. Put there on a trumped up charge by a corrupt cop (not kidding).

I think everybody should spend at least one night in jail. It's a character building experience.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Our high school took us on a tour of the county jail during a field trip. That was close enough for me.

Of course, this was way back in the dark ages. It probably wouldn't fly now.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
So far as I can tell, there is no correlation between political beliefs and the tendency of people who have done wrong to be all pious about denouncing others.
OTOH, there's quite often a correlation between political beliefs and who those pious people are willing to denounce.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far as I can tell, there is no correlation between political beliefs and the tendency of people who have done wrong to be all pious about denouncing others.
At the very least there is a tendency of adults to conveniently forget their own teenage foibles when they're busy denouncing the morality and conduct of teens today.

ETA and yes, that's a rather non-partisan tendency.

Last edited:

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Conversely, it's not necessarily hypocritical to condemn stupid behavior one has outgrown.

(Not that I think this is the case here - Ms. Dumbass Ex-Communications Director clearly didn't care about anyone's actual behavior, she just wanted cheap political points.)

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Conversely, it's not necessarily hypocritical to condemn stupid behavior one has outgrown.

(Not that I think this is the case here - Ms. Dumbass Ex-Communications Director clearly didn't care about anyone's actual behavior, she just wanted cheap political points.)

Which leads me to believe that we've evolved into placing too much emphasis on politics, at the cost of decent human behavior. It really ought to be the other way around.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Which leads me to believe that we've evolved into placing too much emphasis on politics, at the cost of decent human behavior. It really ought to be the other way around.
Whut? Everybody knows that politics is what leads to decent human behavior. Without politics, there's no government, and without government, there is anarchy (literally, "no rulers"), which leads to chaos in the streets. There is no human decency without the force of law. Thomas Hobbes, tutor to royalty, assured us it was so.
Thomas Hobbes said:
"During the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that conditions called war; and such a war, as if of every man, against every man.

"To this war of every man against every man, this also in consequent; that nothing can be unjust. The notions of right and wrong, justice and injustice have there no place. Where there is no common power, there is no law, where no law, no injustice. Force, and fraud, are in war the cardinal virtues.

"In such condition, there is no place for industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain: and consequently no culture of the earth; no navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by sea; no commodious building; no instruments of moving, and removing, such things as require much force; no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death: and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short."

:sarcasm

Last edited:

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Whut? Everybody knows that politics is what leads to decent human behavior. Without politics, there's no government, and without government, there is anarchy (literally, "no rulers"), which leads to chaos in the streets. There is no human decency without the force of law. Thomas Hobbes, tutor to royalty, assured us it was so.
Where's that derailing kitty gif, again?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Where's that derailing kitty gif, again?

I don't have one of those. But I do have a naked mole rat.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer kitties. I mean, my god, those things are ugly.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not to another naked mole rat.

As far as Miss Lauten's teenaged indiscretions not being a deterrent to slagging Malia and Sasha Obama for throwing shade during a trivial White House ceremony, at the very least she's a raging hypocrite.

Do like I say, not as I do? Eff that. :e2tomato:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yucky, but true: naked mole-rats eat their own poop. But they have a very good reason for doing this. The roots and tubers they eat are very hard to digest, so their intestines are full of microscopic organisms to help with digestion. To absorb more of the nutrients from their food, naked mole-rats eat the poop. It's like getting two meals for the price of one. They also also roll in their feces. Because naked mole-rats live in the dark, they have nearly lost the use of their eyes. In order to identify members of the colony versus an intruding colony, they all roll around in the toilet chamber. This way everyone in their colony smells the same! - See more at: http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/naked-mole-rat#sthash.gdGZu5AD.dpuf

You're welcome!

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Yucky, but true: naked mole-rats eat their own poop. But they have a very good reason for doing this. The roots and tubers they eat are very hard to digest, so their intestines are full of microscopic organisms to help with digestion. To absorb more of the nutrients from their food, naked mole-rats eat the poop. It's like getting two meals for the price of one. They also also roll in their feces. Because naked mole-rats live in the dark, they have nearly lost the use of their eyes. In order to identify members of the colony versus an intruding colony, they all roll around in the toilet chamber. This way everyone in their colony smells the same! - See more at: http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/naked-mole-rat#sthash.gdGZu5AD.dpuf
Just like the people who mock the children of politicians and other famous folks.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Naked Mole Rat Hubby: "Hey, baby. You smell like shit!"
Naked Mole Rat Wifey: "Thanks, hon. I just rolled around in a fresh batch. It's Chanel No. 2. You like it?"

Gag me with a spoonful of maggots.

There's never a Moderator around when ya need one. :e2steer:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Oh, we're around.

We're just watching helplessly as the train goes off the rails then right over the cliff.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, we're around.

We're just watching helplessly as the train goes off the rails then right over the cliff.

But at least it's a fun ride until that sudden stop.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Liar.

The press has always sniped at presidential children. You need to do a little research.

And you need to do a lot of clarification of who needs to do some research before you come waltzing in here and call someone a "liar."

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Liar.

The press has always sniped at presidential children. You need to do a little research.

Stomping in and slamming "liar" down on the table aside, I don't think that the point was that the news or entertainment media has never said anything lousy about other President's children. The discussion has been a calling out of the practice and a weighing of what things might be lousier than others and how so.

If you don't find any value in that discussion, fine, but there's no need to be a prick about it.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Liar.

Let's ease up on the namecalling, please. There's absolutely no call for it.

Last edited: