New Forum-Goer Introducion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadamKistulot

Hello!

Not much to say, really, but I saw this area and saying hello sounded nice.

I'm over in the Rose City, living the life of a student trying to finally switch from amateur to professional writer. For the longest time I tried writing fantasy and Sci-Fi to no success, and then finally tried my hand at erotica . . . and finally seemed to hit my stride :)

Hows that for not having much to say?

Ta for now!

~Carin

p.s. - Oh yeah, my name is Carin :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's nice to meet you, Carin. The Erotica board here is a rare thing indeed, and I look forward to seeing you there.

Maryn, who writes it sometimes, too

akelsey333

Peace...
Registered
Reaction score
Emotewelcome.gif

TMack

Registered
Reaction score
Hello From Another Newbie

Howdy! Good to meet 'ya. I'm a newbie too.:D Don't you just love the cheshire cat grin? I guess I should probably introduce myself properly. I am a stay-at-home mom in the great state of Texas! I am also first generation Cuban-American, hence: The Cuban Southern Belle. I am also a newly single mom. I will spare everyone the personal drama (yawn) that led me to this marital status. I have been involved in the arts in some form or fashion, since 1984, when I made my debut as a singer and actress in Annie. I was hooked. I have had a little success in the Austin Film Scene in indies, plays and commercial. I do have a reputable talent agent, who works her tail off to get her babies, as she calls us, famous. I love all forms of art: music, painting, theatre, etc. I have been writing since I was about 10 years old. At age 5, I learned to read (before kinder). I have been hooked on books, ever since. Hey, that's kinda cute! Hooked on Books. I think I'll use that in my signature.

Since then, I have had the fortunate opportunity to read more books than I could possibly count. I have read in every fiction genre and many non-fictions, as well. I have written screenplays, songs, poems, short stories, etc. I have never submitted my work for professional consideration until recently. I am excited to say that I got a request today from a reputable and hard-working agent to review my ms. (If you haven't seen the New York Literary Thread in the Beware section, it's a must!).

I would like to say, that this forum saved me a lot of pain and heartache by posting the known 'scams' aimed at new writers. Without that, I would have fallen into the abyss........................

So, the drama (yawn) that led me to my single mom status has open my eyes to a whole new world. I discovered a part of life I never knew existed. I was compelled to put it on paper. I am compelled to do whatever I can to express to the world that this 'new world' exists and something must be done. So far, I have had a couple of bites. The one I received today put me on the proverbial pink cloud of success. My ms is a women's/mystery novel. I also have a children's middle grade chapter book, another mystery, and two screenplays that I will eventually submit.

Thanks for listening!

Cuban Southern Belle - Hooked on Books

PS My name is Teri McCartney

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.