Which Genre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnzo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks!

My first post on AW and am looking for opinions on what genre my book should actually be referred as.

The book is about a nation (Canada) which, in the near future, and being one of the only countries not under martial law, thwarts an attempt at being overthrown by the nefarious 'powers that be' and elects a new system of governance and finance.

The novel takes the reader, through the lives of several characters, from the failing political, financial and economic systems of the day, to a new organic system, how it effects their lives and how it changes society.

I really don't know which genre it belongs to.

Incidentally, one 'agent' called it sci-fi. She was the reason I found AW after she "read my query with interest".
It seems Nancy of AAA Books Unlimited still likes to self-promote her editing services via LaunchPad Media!

Anyway, is it sci-fi?

Thanks in advance!

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I'd say sci-fi. It explores a possible future, and there seems to be no magic. Even if there aren't spaceships or aliens or robots, that's sci-fi. (And if you don't think it's sci-fi, you should try reading more in the genre.) I'd pitch it as such.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
Sci-Fi. It's a utopian style world set in the future.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Science fiction would be the best descriptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.