Never. Give. Up. Listen to me. NEVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamteadee21

Registered
Reaction score
Gather 'round, my tribe, and let Zizi Lily tell you a story.

Way back in 2005 I wrote this horror novel which I considered All That. Before I found AW I entered it in contests and sent out one of the most abysmal queries known to man.

I quickly discovered the book was not All That. It was a hard lesson. Then I put on my Big Girl panties, joined AW, and set out to learn.

I rewrote this book from start to finish at least three times. Maybe four. I've also written seven other books since then, got an agent, and sold a mystery series to Midnight Ink, got dropped, and sold a reboot of the series to Henery Press.

I don't know the exact number of passes my horror novel has accumulated in the past 9 years. Enough to wallpaper a medium-sized room.

I never trunked the horror for long. It got a lot of love from betas who are also writers. It also gave several people nightmares. :yessmiley

Today I took this picture:
e002e5a3-84b5-423d-8ffa-8900f37c9682_zps1df635ce.jpg

Dark Recesses Press bought my horror novel. The first novel. The novel that looks almost nothing like its original incarnation. The one through which I learned the business of writing. It's going to be published (e and paperback) this May.

Never. Ever. Give. Up.

I'm off to pop that champagne now.

Congrats! Thank you for this story. It is inspiring and I wish you all the joy and success.

Status
Not open for further replies.