• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

eBook Bargain News Network

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BrianJamesFreeman.com
Just a note for anyone who might be interested, my co-worker Blu is still running the Horror eBook Bargains site and it is free to have your book listed:

Horror: http://www.ehorrorbargains.com

Just click on the appropriate link above and then visit the "Book Submission" page for more information since there are some guidelines that need to be followed.

Brian

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note for anyone who might be interested, the following sites in the eBookBargainNews.com family are accepting notices about your upcoming free and discounted eBooks and there is no charge for your book to be featured:

Horror: http://www.ehorrorbargains.com
Mystery: http://www.emysterybargains.com
Romance: http://www.eromancebargains.com
Science Fiction: http://www.esfbargains.com
Fantasy: http://www.efantasybargains.com

Just click on the appropriate link above and then visit the "Book Submission" page for more information since there are some guidelines that need to be followed.

Brian

When I first saw your post, Brian, I hoped you were being helpful by alerting our members to these review sites. But then I did a bit of clicking around and read this on the "about" tab on those pages:

The eBookBargainNews.com network of blogs was created by Brian James Freeman to promote free and heavily discounted eBooks. You can learn more about Brian on his official website.

The main contributor to this blog is Serenity Richards, who is your professional pocket librarian, with the bun and glasses to prove it. She is a self-professed geek, incorporating and running the Southeastern Browncoats, attending more cons than she can count, and patiently explaining that “yes, that is a Cthulhu wearing a Jayne hat sitting on my desk.” She currently resides in the mountains of North Carolina where she hikes, watches the birds, reads, and plays video games around the cat sitting on her keyboard.

Please note: this website uses affiliate links to track how popular the eBooks are with readers and so the staff can receive a commission on any resulting sales. Your personal information is never shared with us by the affiliate programs and the price you pay does not change.

Please visit the Contact page if you have a question or want to report a free/discounted eBook.

Those sites all belong to you, Brian, and you earn a commission from any sales made as a result of anyone clicking through to those links.

It was disingenuous of you not to reveal this when you put up your first post.

I assume this is a new endeavour for you, as most of those different categories are empty. Please tell us what sort of readership your site gets, how you intend to promote it, and how many books have been sold from it so far so we can gauge how useful it might be to us.

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It was disingenuous of you not to reveal this when you put up your first post.

Hmmm, the link used to be in my signature, which I figured would convey my ownership, but it doesn't seem to be there now. Thanks for the heads-up!

I assume this is a new endeavour for you, as most of those different categories are empty. Please tell us what sort of readership your site gets, how you intend to promote it, and how many books have been sold from it so far so we can gauge how useful it might be to us.

The Horror, Mystery, Science Fiction, and Fantasy sites have been around since February of 2013. Romance is a brand new one. We took some time off this summer for family matters, so we wiped out all of those old posts since they were no longer offering current deals, which would cause confusion to visitors.

The horror site is the best performing by far. We have 1,500 email based subscribers. On free eBooks, we usually see 100 to 300 downloads. On eBooks priced at 99 cents to $2.99, somewhere between 25 and 100 sales depending on the author and the book.

The romance site is the slowest performing because it is brand new and doesn't have the established readership yet that the other ones do.

We only pick books that actually look promising -- good cover artwork, good sales copy, good reviews -- and we accept no payments from authors and publishers to promote their books.

I hope this information is helpful.

best,
Brian

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
As this is a self-promotional thread, Brian, I'm going to move it to the appropriate room. Hang on...

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Well, no. The AE&BP forum is for our author-members to promote their own published works--books, short stories, articles, etc. (Everyone, please read the guidelines.)

The forum owner MacAllister graciously allows us all to link to our websites in our signatures, which I see you've already done, Brian. So, no, we don't get to pimp our sites all over the forums.

I'd normally delete a thread like this and send a PM to the OP explaining board policies on self-promotion. But, since your sites are (more or less) display sites, I'll move the thread to BR&BC. Now, I can't guarantee that the room mods there will allow the thread, but there are already too many responses for me to just delete the thread here.

Keep hands and feet in the car, please; it's just a short trip.

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
And if the mods feel like it's not appropriate for any of the categories, please feel free to delete as needed. :) I just figured a free place to promote your eBooks would be okay in the Book Promotion Ideas section, but obviously you know the rules and regs a lot better than I do and I didn't mean to rock the boat. Thank you!

Brian

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Ari: I assumed that because Brian was promoting his own sites this would fit in Announcements. I really shouldn't assume.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
No worries, OH. I'm pretty sure all our peeps realize by now that self-promotion can be a tricky proposition both on and off AW. :)

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
how many books have been sold from it so far so we can gauge how useful it might be to us.

Just wanted to give you an update: 14,935 eBooks were sold through our links in November. For paid eBooks (not free), the bestselling author sold 842 copies and the "least" selling author sold 33 copies. I'm pretty pleased with those numbers since it was our first month back online.

Brian

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Brian, that's interesting: thank you.

What sorts of sales can authors without a big following expect from your site?

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Brian, that's interesting: thank you.

What sorts of sales can authors without a big following expect from your site?

A great deal hinges -- of course! -- on the cover artwork, how well the sales copy is written, and what other readers have said in the customer reviews, but one of the titles that sold more than 100 copies was by a first time, self-published author who put a great deal of effort into the editing, packaging, and presentation of the work. Another first time author from a genre imprint at a New York publisher sold about 150 copies. The book that only sold 33 copies surprised me. I thought it would do a lot better, but it might have gone out at a bad time/day.

The established names do sell the most copies, and they're part of the "hook" to draw readers to the sites, but I'm always happiest when we see a nice sales spike for a newer author -- whether self-published or traditionally published. It's the same feeling you get as an editor when you find something amazing in the slush pile from someone who has never sold a story before. :)

Brian

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The main site, eBook Bargain News Network, now redirects to eHorrorBargains. The other satellite sites are gone.

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
The main site, eBook Bargain News Network, now redirects to eHorrorBargains. The other satellite sites are gone.

Ya, that is true. My co-worker Blu is running the horror site these days because it was easily the best performing and still moves a decent number of books for the authors, but he didn't have time for the others. I was too busy with my day job and two kids under three to give the sites the time they deserved, so I was thrilled when Blu offered to take over horror. He's a good guy and knows the genre well. Still no fee for the authors, too, which was one of my goals from the beginning.

Brian