• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Ebook conversion] Admosion

BobTheBuilder

Web Browser Readable Ebook Services
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
Admosion provides fee based data processing services (no royalties), along with a downloadable formatting tool named “Wordy The Book Builder”.
Wordy is a web browser based tool that you can use to format your manuscript into lines and pages, and combines that formatted information with book and author related information into a single document that we call a "Readable Javascript".
Admosion will use that "Readable Javascript" to create your own attractive web browser readable ebooks and elibraries (multiple ebooks linked together) for your business.

There are two approaches that you can take to create your ebook from a finished manuscript.

1) You can create your ebook’s readable javascript using
Wordy The Book Builder and The Ebook Benefits Guide; you can add text styles, images, hyperlinks, keyword and description metadata, self promotional links to your sales, review, social networking and more.

Pricing is $299 for those who format their own manuscript and use Wordy for the data input. Using this do-it yourself style, you can submit additional books at the same time for only 29.99 each, and you manage your own images and graphics, quality control checking, etc... so there is no additional charge for images because you are the labor force. We will re-process a book’s corrected information up to 2 additional times for your convenience and ability to fix errors, etc...

Purchase Here:
https://www.admosion.com/e/asset/index.html

2) Admosion provides a full service of creating a web browser readable ebook (or a linked collection of ebooks) from your finished manuscript(s).
$299 plus $95 an hour to do the data entry and create the script files using Wordy, $8.50 per image.

Using Admosion’s formatting tool named “Wordy The Book Builder” you can create two types of reports.

1) A
Readable Javascript that you would send when you are ready to make the purchase. email to: tech(place the at sign here)admosion.com

2) A Word Analysis that displays a comprehensive listing of statistics and word lists from your book's text.

At
www.Admosion.com you can do a lot to build your own platform using ebooks.
Ebook and elibrary services that help promote you and your work!

Unique benefits when you purchase ebook services at www.admosion.com
a) Designs that matter, 22 layouts, and 40 color options
b) Annotate chapters with
chapter markers (you customize your ebooks with these, or create your own)
c) Create opaque
background graphics themed to your book
d) Option to include a single sentence
message line
e) Support Zone – Below the table of contents, Link to sales page, reviews & more

Have You Authored Multiple Titles or a Series?
a) You can create multiple single ebooks during the same process (submit them at the same time for almost the same price)
b) You can create and deliver them as
a linked collection with a much higher sales price!

Sell your ebook to the same purchaser:
a) In different colors because families have multiple favorite colors
b)
Duplicated and personalized for multiple people (a classroom, a school, reading group, family members, group of friends, etc…)
c) In multiple layouts for skill level changes, the groups shown below share the same background graphics.
Single column skill based sequencial steps
T120, T124, T130, T134, T140 or dual column S224, S230, S234, S240)

The process creates web browser readable ebooks with many popular options:
- You can build your ebooks in-house using 22
design and layout choices, choosing from 40 colors.
- The ebooks that you create here, you own, and can license to end users (as single ebooks or
mini elibraries).
- You can also create high quality non-fiction ebooks with hyperlinks (to specific content within an ebook or a mini library of ebooks).
- You can include your own self promotion with graphics and hyperlinks to online sales pages, reviews and more!
- You can include nearly unlimited standard sized images (
FREE if using the do it yourself workflow).

Here is a link to download Wordy The Book Builder
https://www.admosion.com/e/lib47/lib1/WordyTheBookBuilder.zip

I'm looking forward to hearing from people who want to get involved

Get a FREE 10 book classic library for referring a friend to admosion’s ebook creation services!
or Place our ebook services in your groups newsletter and
choose your free classic 10 book library!
Collect all 12, classic mini-libraries!

Thanks for telling a friend know about Admosion's Web Browser Readable Ebooks
Please forward this information to your associations and reading groups, etc...

Have a nice day,
BobTheBuilder
www.admosion.com

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
MOD NOTE: This was originally posted in our New Members room: as it was not appropriate for that room I asked Bob if he'd like it moved here, and he has agreed.

Bob, you might like to edit out your email address: if you leave it there you'll get overwhelmed by spambots.

Hello,
My website is www.admosion.com for those who are interested in building and promoting their own ebooks!

To summarize what you can do, there are instructions to use a text only manuscript within a downloadable webpage tool named Wordy. Wordy opens a new browser window with one of two reports that you can create for free for yourself.

1) Is a what I call a word analysis that gives you a ton of statistics about your book's text.

2) Is a readable javascript that you would use to publish your book as a web browser readable ebook. (this must be sent to me at [email address deleted]

We perform our work during the processing of the final book for self publishers, and you can create multiple books at the same time and get them all done for almost the same low price of $299. (you can create and sell your own mini-library)

I have a Ebook benefits guide located at https://www.admosion.com/e/asset/Benefits_Guide/index.html
Within the Ebook Benefits Guide is a Design Catalog featuring 22 fixed ebook layouts, where you can see and decide on getting your ebook published in multiple designs.

Here is more about the features built into Wordy's webpage interface (Wordy works good with the web browser named firefox).

- You can build your ebooks in-house using design and layout choices that benefit people!
- The ebooks that you create here, you own, and can promote, distribute and sell (anywhere as single ebooks or mini elibraries).
- You can create high quality non-fiction ebooks with hyperlinks (to specific content within an ebook or a mini library of ebooks).
- You can include your own advertising with graphics and hyperlinks to online sales pages, reviews and more!
- You can include nearly unlimited standard sized images (FREE if using the do it yourself workflow).
- You can create ebooks in your choice of 22 layouts and 40 colors.

The most important thing is that we are taking signups for resellers who want to do a small bit of work, adding image packages and forwarding finished products to clientsm, etc... that we are looking to pay at 40 percent of the $299 price that we charge for each processing job that we take on. So we can also called a data processing business that benefits authors and small presses where business can be booming from satisfied people who love our products.

I'm looking forward to hearing from people who want to get involved :)

Thanks for letting a friend know about Admosion's Web Browser Readable Ebooks :)
I would also love to hear from those who can forward this information to their associations and reading groups, etc...

Have a nice day,
BobTheBuilder

www.admosion.com

Is Wordy The Book Builder your own software, or does it come from elsewhere? And what does it do, exactly?

http://absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
My website is www.admosion.com for those who are interested in building and promoting their own ebooks!

To summarize what you can do, there are instructions to use a text only manuscript within a downloadable webpage tool named Wordy. Wordy opens a new browser window with one of two reports that you can create for free for yourself.

1) Is a what I call a word analysis that gives you a ton of statistics about your book's text.

2) Is a readable javascript that you would use to publish your book as a web browser readable ebook. (this must be sent to me

We perform our work during the processing of the final book for self publishers, and you can create multiple books at the same time and get them all done for almost the same low price of $299. (you can create and sell your own mini-library)

I have a Ebook benefits guide located at https://www.admosion.com/e/asset/Benefits_Guide/index.html
Within the Ebook Benefits Guide is a Design Catalog featuring 22 fixed ebook layouts, where you can see and decide on getting your ebook published in multiple designs.

Here is more about the features built into Wordy's webpage interface (Wordy works good with the web browser named firefox).

- You can build your ebooks in-house using design and layout choices that benefit people!
- The ebooks that you create here, you own, and can promote, distribute and sell (anywhere as single ebooks or mini elibraries).
- You can create high quality non-fiction ebooks with hyperlinks (to specific content within an ebook or a mini library of ebooks).
- You can include your own advertising with graphics and hyperlinks to online sales pages, reviews and more!
- You can include nearly unlimited standard sized images (FREE if using the do it yourself workflow).

The most important thing is that we are taking signups for resellers who want to do a small bit of work, adding image packages and forwarding finished products to clientsm, etc... that we are looking to pay at 40 percent of the $299 price that we charge for each processing job that we take on. So we can also called a data processing business that benefits authors and small presses where business can be booming from satisfied people who love our products.

Thanks for letting a friend know about Admosion's Web Browser Readable Ebooks :)
I would also love to hear from those who can forward this information to their associations and reading groups, etc...

Have a nice day,
BobTheBuilder

www.admosion.com

You're not offering editing services, are you?

I went to the website - it's very Mosaic.

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Hello,

2) Is a readable javascript that you would use to publish your book as a web browser readable ebook.

Have a nice day,
BobTheBuilder

www.admosion.com

I'm honestly confused about what it is your program is supposed to do.

Does it include setting up an online store?

Is it simply a program to change a manuscript into the various ebook formats?

If it's only for changing formats, what makes it different from a program like Scrivener?

Last edited:

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
Is Wordy The Book Builder your own software, or does it come from elsewhere? And what does it do, exactly?

Wordy is my own software,
Wordy’s job is to handle the formatting of your manuscripts content, and make it easy for your content to include images (If wordy hits an image marker, Wordy leaves a fixed number of empty lines for images, or other media types).

Wordy separates the content from the presentation of that content.
Presentation of content will continue to change, where the content of your finished manuscript will never change.
Within Wordy, you can choose which layout design best fits the intended presentation of your content.

How Wordy processes a manuscript
Wordy measures each letter of your manuscript, building a line of text until that line gets to a specific length.
Then it starts the next line, until it has created as many lines that belong to a page, then it starts the next page.
The pages are created until it is done with a section or chapter, this continues until the end of your manuscript.

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
You're not offering editing services, are you?

I went to the website - it's very Mosaic.

Yes Mosaic does fit, there is a lot of content examples, it has grown to around 13 gigabytes, with very few actual pages that aren't built using wordy, because the HTML itself is a website, each book can be uploaded directly and read on a cloud service, website, etc...

Do I Edit? I will be someday having a list of editors who I truly respect for their hard work and talent :)
I am a designer and programmer, I process information into one format and that is HTML with no DRM or other stuff, just simple non fancy html.
Fancy things can be added to my process later :)

i'm quite impressed with the dificulty of editing, the Ebook Benefits Guide is my first writing and editing which is a work in progress.
Will that ever change as the presentation of ebook content changes, and features are added there, the system i have created enables futures changes to presentation as I create the final presentation, or very close to it as we leave a couple simple things for people to do that actually enables them to finish and own entirely everything that they personally create using this system.

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
I'm honestly confused about what it is your program is supposed to do.

If it's only for changing formats, what makes it different from a program like Scrivener?

Not a store, but it has an option to place a buy it now button directly on the main page. That Buy It Now button is intended to be put in place, requiring a link to where your book was for sale at, for example you could link the button to an encrypted paypal button code, and when a buyer clicks and completes the purchase, they get forwarded to a download page.
Or you could link the button to where it is listed for sale. Most notably Amazon, as you can sell almost anything there, however it is not a kindle format because their content presentation (to the best of my knowledge) does not include fixed layouts. The kindle process is built around NOT being a fixed layout.

Also it has an option to build a partial percentage of your ebook, where it looks and performs exactly like the complete version with any promotional information such as review site links, links to purchase pages, or information about other books that you have written.
I call that the Author/Publisher Support Zone, and it is located at the very bottom of each book's main page (entirely optional as your choice to include or not, but would be done through Wordy).

That version which could be placed on your website, or it could be your website entirely, or emailed to perspective clients. (of course you could also place a full version online for perspective clients).

Online stores have carts, and can usually handle hundreds of items, with lots of code to do fancy things, they can be much more challenging to set up.

No, it only creates one format and that is HTML in its simplest form (HTML+CSS).

I don't know enough about Scrivener to make a comparison, however others will be very knowlegeable about Scrivener and be able to make a great comparison, if needed. (sorry about that)

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Cornflake and ShaunHorton, could you please edit the email address out of the quotes you included? Thanks.

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
So your tool converts ebooks in various formats to HTML? Or raw text only into HTML?

I have to admit, I can't think of many books I've read in HTML, except maybe things from Project Gutenberg, but I could certainly be overlooking a major market. May I ask what you anticipate the primary market for this service being? Why do you anticipate authors be eager to convert their books to HTML, rather than one of the e-reader formats?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
[...](If wordy hits an image marker, Wordy leaves a fixed number of empty lines for images, or other media types).

[...]How Wordy processes a manuscript
Wordy measures each letter of your manuscript, building a line of text until that line gets to a specific length.
Then it starts the next line, until it has created as many lines that belong to a page, then it starts the next page.

it is not a kindle format because their content presentation (to the best of my knowledge) does not include fixed layouts. The kindle process is built around NOT being a fixed layout.

But many people use e-readers because the flexibility of the display helps them overcome their vision problems. They can enlarge the font size and change the font, and read e-books even though they can't read print editions.

Your fixed layout would make that impossible.

I don't see this as a benefit.

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
So your tool converts ebooks in various formats to HTML? Or raw text only into HTML?

Wordy is designed to receive plain text from your manuscript, with the option of including text styles, images or other media types also added using text only.

May I ask what you anticipate the primary market for this service being?

I would like to see more books with graphics, images and other media types included in them in an effort to make them more attractive to people who read.

what i would like to see as a primary market would be non-fiction with links to related content within a single ebook, and interlinking between multiple non-fiction style ebooks that were built and sold together as a mini-library.

I would like to see early reader style projects, the introduction of reading to a child historically has seen the first grade being maybe later than the best option to start teaching so we added a kindergarten class, then pre-school.

With today's portable devices, reading can be anywhere, anytime so if for example we were able to actually double the quantity of new readers that loved books, then you would think that the publishing industries sales would also double after that generation became able to buy books.

I think a lot about how to create more people who love to read, and it seems that other entertainment forms are advancing quite quickly within this information age that we live in.

Competition for a persons time and attention is red hot within the entertainment industry, when a person gets addicted to a certain video games, TV, Movies, etc...
reading itself may seem a bit boring and needs some new ideas.

Just trying to do what i can to help reading based businesses be able to compete better.

Why do you anticipate authors be eager to convert their books to HTML, rather than one of the e-reader formats?

I like to say "Web Browser Readable", and I think that today authors are expected to create their ebook in a single version for each of the major ebook platforms.

Admosion is introducing new things can be done with a manuscript, lots of options, some new, some old, whether it is an author, bookstore, publisher, or amazon, barnes and noble, etc... I believe that every book related service can achieve higher return on investment by selling more options that that "One Version" of an ebook. So what i mean is that todays computer power takes a very short time to process the ebook. It is important to build in additional options that utilize the capabilities of the computing power that we have.

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
But many people use e-readers because the flexibility of the display helps them overcome their vision problems. They can enlarge the font size and change the font, and read e-books even though they can't read print editions.

If an ereader helps even one person read, then that is absolutely great!

There is a lot of variance in how well people see, so one option is almost certain to not work for everybody.

I have designed available ebook layouts that have large text on up to super large text with a 60 character line length.

This is an area that I work on to improve :)

Your fixed layout would make that impossible.

I don't see this as a benefit.

The word "Fixed" may make people believe that it can't be enlarged, that is not true at all. There are so many exciting things that have been accomplished with zooming screens that actually setting a font size is probably rarely done compared to zooming the screen with the finger pinch or double tap.

Today's touch screen devices are introducing the most advanced way to enlarge text by pinching with your fingers.

My experience reading using devices ranging from 4 thru 7 inches has shown me that screen rotation (rotated to widescreen view), combined with a double tap (sets a specified zoom percentage), or finger pinch to enlarge, and slide your finger to scroll, are the types of things that are used to enlarge and navigate smaller screens.

I'm very excited about the work I have done with visually impaired ebook designs, here is a link to check out using a very large font size, with white text on a black background.
http://www.admosion.com/e/lib50/lib31/V13b10L1106031The_Adventures_Of_Tom_Sawyer/index.html

If you press the back to library button, you can view and read "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" in this large layout (or a dozen other designs) in any of the 40 colors that we have available, I might add that I have also added access keys for accessible keyboard navigation.

I just love to help the visually impaired myself, I have a lot of work in progress that is in between types of layouts that will be ready one of these days.

Thanks for bringing this up :)

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
Admosion is introducing new things can be done with a manuscript, lots of options, some new, some old, whether it is an author, bookstore, publisher, or amazon, barnes and noble, etc... I believe that every book related service can achieve higher return on investment by selling more options that that "One Version" of an ebook. So what i mean is that todays computer power takes a very short time to process the ebook. It is important to build in additional options that utilize the capabilities of the computing power that we have.

If I'm reading you correctly, I think what you want to do is what the publishing houses are called "enhanced ebooks" these days--ebooks with a lot of extra bells and whistles and art and things you poke and so forth.

Which is a neat idea, and the publishers are certainly interested in securing those rights, but that enhanced content still has to be created--if you're adding videos and mini-games and whatnots, somebody's gotta actually make the videos and the mini-games, which has been the bar to entry on such things, so far as I understand it.

Still, best of luck to you, and I hope you find your market.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Yeah. Enhanced ebooks are certainly already a thing, even if not widespread. Many companies are offering programs to create them. EPUB3, and Kindle Format 8 supposedly offer the ability to create enhanced ebooks. The problem is supposedly updating the readers and apps to support them. In addition to those, it's possible to create Interactive PDF's, and while I don't remember the program, Apple even has a program to create them. (I only remember there being a huge kerfluffle by some guy who claimed to be 'pioneering' the format using their program and claiming his book on teddy bears in Paris was comparable to several literary greats.)

Hyperlinks and pictures are actually fairly common in ebooks as well, although with pictures, the mutability of ebooks can mean they get separated from their relevant text.

So it doesn't seem like there's any real shortage of programs that do what yours does, so I can only assume the reason such enhanced ebooks aren't more common is for other reasons.

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
RedWombat, Thanks for your questions, I have added more information to the original post, and will be working on making it clearer for people, it will take a few edits but I'm working on it :)

If I'm reading you correctly, I think what you want to do is what the publishing houses are called "enhanced ebooks" these days--ebooks with a lot of extra bells and whistles and art and things you poke and so forth.

Which is a neat idea, and the publishers are certainly interested in securing those rights, but that enhanced content still has to be created--if you're adding videos and mini-games and whatnots, somebody's gotta actually make the videos and the mini-games, which has been the bar to entry on such things, so far as I understand it.

Still, best of luck to you, and I hope you find your market.

Yes, but enhanced with much less complex content, things like:

• Images that relate to individual sections or chapters
  • Peoples names
  • A single sentence
  • A sequence of background graphics
Here is a link to more information about the enhancements that we currently have available.
https://www.admosion.com/e/asset/Benefits_Guide/Unique_Advantages_Available_As/Page1.html

I have started to create a stock library of assets that people can use to personalize their ebooks with. Some may choose to create fancier looking graphics, or color matched themes and such nicer looking types of things for their book. It's my job to help people understand how they might use graphics on their ebooks.
These types of assets available for FREE as .zip file downloads here. https://www.admosion.com/e/asset/Benefits_Guide/Free_Downloads_And_Data_Lists/Page1.html

Happy Holidays :)
BobTheBuilder

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
Yeah. Enhanced ebooks are certainly already a thing, even if not widespread. Many companies are offering programs to create them. EPUB3, and Kindle Format 8 supposedly offer the ability to create enhanced ebooks. The problem is supposedly updating the readers and apps to support them. In addition to those, it's possible to create Interactive PDF's, and while I don't remember the program, Apple even has a program to create them. (I only remember there being a huge kerfluffle by some guy who claimed to be 'pioneering' the format using their program and claiming his book on teddy bears in Paris was comparable to several literary greats.)

Hyperlinks and pictures are actually fairly common in ebooks as well, although with pictures, the mutability of ebooks can mean they get separated from their relevant text.

So it doesn't seem like there's any real shortage of programs that do what yours does, so I can only assume the reason such enhanced ebooks aren't more common is for other reasons.

ShaunHorton,
Thanks for your reply,
I have added more information to the original thread at the top to help make it clear, I will continue to work on it :)

Unique benefits when you purchase ebook services at www.admosion.com
a) Designs that matter, 22 layouts, and 40 color options
b) Annotate chapters with chapter markers (you customize your ebooks with these, or create your own)
c) Create opaque background graphics themed to your book
d) Option to include a single sentence message line
e) Support Zone – Below the table of contents, Link to sales page, reviews & more

Have You Authored Multiple Titles or a Series?
a) You can create multiple single ebooks during the same process (submit them at the same time for almost the same price)
b) You can create and deliver them as
a linked collection with a much higher sales price!

Sell your ebook to the same purchaser:
a) In different colors because families have multiple favorite colors
b)
Duplicated and personalized for multiple people (a classroom, a school, reading group, family members, group of friends, etc…)
c) In multiple layouts for skill level changes, the groups shown below share the same background graphics.
Single column skill based sequencial steps
T120, T124, T130, T134, T140 or dual column S224, S230, S234, S240)

Here is a link to more information about the unique benefits for authors.
https://www.admosion.com/e/asset/Benefits_Guide/Unique_Advantages_Available_As/Page1.html

I have begun to create a stock library of the types of things that an author or end user may be compelled to enhance an ebook with.

Here is a link to the FREE download section https://www.admosion.com/e/asset/Benefits_Guide/Free_Downloads_And_Data_Lists/Page1.html

BobTheBuilder

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Bob, please don't edit your posts so substantively: it makes the thread very difficult to follow. Luckily I quoted your original full post in full so people can read it there. Next time you want to add new information, make a new post.

As you duplicated the new information in your subsequent posts, I see no need for the edits you made to that first post: would you like me to roll back your edits on that first post? Let me know.

I've read your new posts a couple of times now, and have looked at several of the pages you've linked to. I'm afraid I find them rather confusing: there's a lack of clarity on the pages, and the explanations you give are quite clunky. And I'm not convinced by all the different layouts you offer: I don't see the reasoning behind offering fixed layouts when ebooks work better with fluid layouts and that's what their readers expect now; and all those different numbers you use don't seem to relate to anything. I think you'd be better using some sort of descriptive name.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I may be missing out on the idea because I don't write non-fiction books, (yet, at least), but I still can't see the benefits.

It seems like what you're offering is fonts, watermarks, images, and hyperlinks. Things most people doing their own formatting can do very easily on their own for free, and which most ebook formats support fairly well. Though, I'm not certain of the wisdom of having a watermark on your book's pages.

I'm also confused as to what exactly you're offering. You talk about software, services, formatting, editing, and promotion. On top of that, your starting price is a flat rate of $300. Have you looked around for comparable services and products? Most professional formatter's that I know of online, such as www.52Novels.com have a tiered price structure based upon the size of your project. Meanwhile, I don't know of any software programs off the top of my head that break the $100 mark.

To be honest, I find it a bit worrisome that you don't know how your software compares to other common writing programs such as Scrivener. Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but being unaware of your products possible competitors doesn't give me much confidence in your software.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
When I look at the site I don't understand what's on offer, or how it could be of benefit to me.

It's not that I'm just not getting it: I know the publishing business, I know about being a writer, and I've worked at director level in sales and marketing, so do have some experience here.

You have to be clear about what you're offering. It's a basic requirement if you're selling something. Kill the jargon and the clunky language. Explain in clear and concise terms what you're selling, and how it will benefit your potential customers. Stop using sales talk, and start using plain English.

Also, the site looks dire. It's dated, flat and dull, and it's confusing too. Make it simpler, more contemporary, and more appealing: make it easier to find information.

I noticed a link on your front page to an e-book on your site called "eBook Benefits Guide".

My first reaction to looking at that ebook is that it's wider than the display on my computer. In order to read it I have to scroll from side to side. This is irritating, and is an obvious limitation of your fixed width settings. Ebooks don't usually have this setting, because of this problem. It doesn't make me want to read any other books which have benefited from your services.

In that book I found this:

Admosion produces high quality ebooks for authors and publishers.
The process converts a text based manuscript to web browser readable ebooks with your
option to choose or include:
- Great Design Choices!
- Almost unlimited quantities of images or media
- Hyperlinks to any subject heading within any chapter of your book
- 3 Major and unique methods to customize with personalizations
- Hyperlinks To: Any sales promotions, your blog and your website, your online reviews,
your social networking sites and almost any other beneficial resource and information
listings.
- Standard web browser readable using the "Keep it simple strategy".
- By todays standards web browser readable means device portablity

Look how those lines have broken in odd places. Again, your fixed-width text is causing problems here.

From that I understand that what you're offering is a service to make books work like websites: one uses a browser to read them. Is that a fair summary of what you're offering? If so, you need to make it much, much clearer; and you really do need to liven up the design of your site because I wouldn't want my books displayed in such a lacklustre way. It doesn't inspire confidence. I'm sorry.

I noticed this on page two of that e-book:

Send people that you contact about purchasing your book to your own website with only your books.

Are you aware of the tax implications inherent in selling e-books from one's own sites? New VAT regulations come into effect very soon which will have a huge effect on such sales. It's outlined here. I suspect that these new regulations will reduce even further the sales made from writers' own sites, and this is going to reduce your potential market too.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also confused as to what's being offered. The "Chapter markers" seems to be a more limited version of the bookmark function that's been on every e-reader I've ever used, I'm thoroughly confused about the point of the "message line", information is so scattered and marketing-speaked that I'm not sure exactly what's for sale here. I'm also dubious of your claim that one would be able to sell multiple copies of the same e-book to the same family because they are in "different colors".

Of course, it could be that I'm completely missing the point. That's been known to happen :).

Let's see if i can clarify what you're offering:

• Hosting service for an html-based online version of the book
  • access to web-based software that will format the book for said online display, including creating the fixed layouts and adding background graphics and the like
  • individualized ebook storefront on your site

Have I got this right? Am I missing anything?

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
I honestly can't figure out what it is your business does or what you're selling as a service either.

By the way, when I said the site looked very Mosaic, I meant it looked like a webpage from like 1993, something you'd see on the old Mosaic browser. It wasn't a compliment.

BobTheBuilder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.admosion.com
Bob, please don't edit your posts so substantively: it makes the thread very difficult to follow. Luckily I quoted your original full post in full so people can read it there.
Next time you want to add newinformation, make a new post.

My original thread seemed to have something odd about it, after its journey of being moved from one forum to another. I myself seemed to lose the ability to fix it, there is something amiss with those quoted posts? Why would I lose the ability to edit my original post which is now only available as “a quote of my original post”.

It would probably help if this site had an SSL certificate to help secure peoples information.

As you duplicated the new information in your subsequent posts, I see no need for the edits you made to that first post: would you like me to roll back your edits on that first post? Let me know.

No I do not want you to edit my posts, I read and listen to your comments quite closely, and I appreciate your time and effort, thanks for that. I'm here putting forth effort to edit them myself.

BobTheBuilder

Last edited:

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score

My original thread seemed to have something odd about it, after its journey of being moved from one forum to another. I myself seemed to lose the ability to fix it, there is something amiss with those quoted posts? Why would I lose the ability to edit my original post which is now only available as “a quote of my original post”.

It would probably help if this site had an SSL certificate to help secure peoples information.

No I do not want you to edit my posts, I read and listen to your comments quite closely, and I appreciate your time and effort, thanks for that. I'm here putting forth effort to edit them myself.

BobTheBuilder

I'm not in any way speaking for Old Hack, and I could be mistaken myself, but I think you misunderstood.

I believe Old Hack was requesting that you not edit old posts the way you did (removing the old info and replacing it with new), because then the conversation in the thread, in which other people have been discussing the old information, makes no sense when someone new comes along and reads the thread from the 'top' down.

That's a generally understood forum 'rule' across tons of boards I've been on, that takes many forms. Some places have an 'always quote the OP if you're the first reply' thing, so that if the OP is edited or deleted, there's a copy so people know what happened.

It's just meant to keep the threads comprehensible for people who weren't in them in the beginning. There are a lot more people reading than posting.