• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Ebook conversion] Admosion

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score

My original thread seemed to have something odd about it, after its journey of being moved from one forum to another. I myself seemed to lose the ability to fix it, there is something amiss with those quoted posts? Why would I lose the ability to edit my original post which is now only available as “a quote of my original post”.

It would probably help if this site had an SSL certificate to help secure peoples information.

You're still able to edit it, as you've demonstrated: the quote I made in the second post in this thread is your original post, with only your email address removed (which I did for your own safety); your current "first post" is substantially different, and you made those changes yourself.

Nothing was changed in your post when it was moved here. There was nothing odd about it as far as I can see.

No I do not want you to edit my posts, I read and listen to your comments quite closely, and I appreciate your time and effort, thanks for that. I'm here putting forth effort to edit them myself.
Happy Holidays :)
BobTheBuilder

I didn't offer to edit your post, Bob, I offered to restore it to its original condition. Because it's bad form to change your comments as substantially as you changed that one; and because the new version is pretty much repeated in your subsequent posts, so there's not much point in your having changed it.
http://absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
My original thread seemed to have something odd about it, after its journey of being moved from one forum to another. I myself seemed to lose the ability to fix it, there is something amiss with those quoted posts? Why would I lose the ability to edit my original post which is now only available as “a quote of my original post”.

You are misunderstanding Old Hack. She is asking you to stop recursively editing your posts. Because other members have responded to you, and quoted your posts, when you go back and edit the original, it becomes exceedingly confusing.

She hasn't offered to edit your posts. She has pointed out that because you keep altering the content of your initial post, a post others have quoted, it is confusing.

You can only edit your own posts. You can't edit someone else's posts, even if they quote you.

It would probably help if this site had an SSL certificate to help secure peoples information.

This isn't a transactional site; we have no need of an SSL certificate. We don't engage in transactions. All an SSL certificate does is indicate that the data transmitted from a server to your Web browser takes place over an https connection via a dedicated port.

As a free Web site that doesn't engage in financial transactions or collect personally identifiable data (we don't ask for a legal name, or an address, just an email address and a username, for instance) it makes no sense either financially or in terms of IT practice for us to have an SSL certificate.