Mr.Write is in Town!

Mr.Write

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm Mr. Write and I am here because I would like to be published sometime and I have a Horror novella on create space and I want to know how I can be a better writer. I use to turn in my books with a creative cover, but I'm wondering if I should use the standard format instead, or is it o.k to turn in a manuscript with a creative cover to it. I am wondering what it takes to get an editior to represent a book of mine. I have sent in a Horror novella, edited to the best of my knowledge. I am currently writing an Action/Thriller called "HOLOGRAM".I like to write Fiction and try to make my Fiction stories seem like their real. I'm wondering if anyone would like to look at a partial of my novella "World of Apparitions", or the whole novella, if tell me about my mistakes. I want to be a better writer.

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Mr. Write!

If you want tips on how to be a better writer, you've definitely come to the right place... There's nothing about writing, publishing or the book industry that you can't find numerous discussions about on these boards.

I am self-publishing my first novel soon, and rather than go with a standard cover, I posted a job on elance.com to find an artist to do an illustrated cover rather than have one compiled from stock photos. Some cover artists will charge you hundreds of dollars for a job like that, but I fielded twenty offers from twelve different countries, most of which charged less than $300. Ironically, I ended up picking an artist that lives only 15 miles from me, and I love what she's done so far. (I can give you her name if you like, she is as reasonably priced as you'll ever find.)

Regarding the rest of your quest for knowledge, I'm sure a plethora of others will gladly help you there too!

Reaction score
Welcome MR. Write

There is the Show Your Work subforum on here and the critics there cant wait to dissect your stuff . Head that way.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!