• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Soaring Eagle Books / Eagle's Branch Books (Penelope "Penny" Fletcher)

GenGriffin

Brutally Honest; No Filter
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE

Just to update, Penny Fletcher keeps sending me certified letters. I have posted them on my blog but the interesting parts are as follows:

The cost of publishing my book apparently went up from an alleged $1,200 to $5,000 within less than 30 days. The book has been out for more than 6 months at this point.

She is trying to ransom my rights back to me for $5,000.

She claims that I am the reason Secret Cravings Publishing released the rights to her books back to her.

She also included a rather long copy of her biography......

If you want to read both letters - here ya go:

http://www.gengriffin.com/gens-official-blog/the-latest-in-lies-threats-and-unprofessional-behavior

GenGriffin

Brutally Honest; No Filter
Registered
Reaction score
Update. Rights Reversion. Finally.

It's been awhile, but I just wanted to give one more update. After all of this and a year of issues, Penny Fletcher finally returned the rights to my book last week. It came as a welcome surprise. She also sent a $2 check in the mail.....

I have been in contact with the distributor and the book is being removed from the catalog. I am incredibly grateful to everyone who helped me and offered support or advice during this ordeal. Not sure how I would have made it through this mess without all of y'all. Truly. Thank you to each and every one of you.

****One last update*****

It's 08/31/2015 and Soaring Eagle Books has sent an email out (God only knows why I'm still on her email list even after she released my rights) announcing that they are officially out of business.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The announcement on FB (Aug 27th):
Soaring Eagle Books will continue to actively promote all books currently under contract but is unable financially to take on any new work at this time.

Published another book in Feb '16.

Not to be confused with Soaring Eagle Books in Georgia (http://soaringeaglebooks.org/)