• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Stiff Rain Press

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me or is there no submissions info?

EDITED TO ADD: Just read their Fact and Answers to Questions...way at the bottom. Facebook and Blogger 'friending' may lead to somebody referring an author, or to their interest in reading material from new authors. Or something.

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm flummoxed, as well. If you aren't accepting submissions, leave it at that.

Last edited:

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
Essentially, they are not open to submissions. But the reasons provided for that make no sense to me at all.

Yeah. "We would accept submissions, but the ones we get are so shitty they've ruined it for the rest of you. So we don't accept them. But if you're not shitty, here's what we like!"

Utterly baffling.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Um, guys at Stiff Rain: EVERYONE's slush makes Sturgeon's Law look exceedingly optimistic. Complaining about it makes you look inexperienced. Just sayin'.

Yeah, being closed to submissions is fine. But complaining about the fact that their slush pile is filled with slush is just weird.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
The way I read it, they don't take unsolicited submissions, but if you contact them through Facebook or Blogger with an inquiry they will (if interested) give you an email address for you to submit.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I read it more as you need to suck up to one or more of their authors enough to get one of them to recommend you and make an introduction. Possibly while trying to guess which of those authors actually own the press?

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I read it more as you need to suck up to one or more of their authors enough to get one of them to recommend you and make an introduction. Possibly while trying to guess which of those authors actually own the press?

According to their Blog, author Carol Lynne is co-owner.

CarolLynne

Registered
Reaction score
The way I read it, they don't take unsolicited submissions, but if you contact them through Facebook or Blogger with an inquiry they will (if interested) give you an email address for you to submit.

Yes, this is correct. I have authors email or contact me through my facebook page all the time. We're always open to submissions, but I prefer to speak with those interested to answer basic questions before they submit. If interested, my personal email is [email protected]. I have an official Stiff Rain email as well, but since I answer all emails through the above address, it makes sense to email it directly.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Updating URL (NSFW): http://www.stiffrainpress.com/Home

However, it closed June '15.

Dear Readers,

It is with great sadness that we must inform you all that Stiff Rain Press will be closing its virtual doors, effective June 30, 2015.

A few years ago, we conceived the SRP concept and launched Stiff Rain Press into a stable book market that was profitable for both professional authors and reputable publishers. However, a lot has changed in the last two years and we find that we can no longer sustain a viable publishing house and be competitive in today’s very flooded, devalued book market. It would not be good business to remain open, and not fair of us as a company to continue to take a percentage of sales from the authors when they are already making so little for their hard work. Rather than get to a point of no return, we decided it would be best to close our doors now while giving our authors everything they need to succeed either in self-publishing or submitting their books to another publisher.

We know that, in a stable market, we would have found much success with the amazing, professional authors writing for us. Unfortunately, the market is not advantageous for an erotic publishing house at this time. However, we believe in their work and encourage you to purchase their books despite the closing of Stiff Rain Press.

Website customers, we want to take a moment to thank you for all your direct support. Along with the authors, you have made this time together a blast. So, we ask you to please download any purchases you have made that you wish to keep a copy of since the website's virtual library will disappear once we close.

We'll miss you all. We dream that, one day, Stiff Rain Press will be able to open again in a competitive market that is primed and ready for quality erotic literature.

Sincerely,

Stiff Rain Press
Erotic Literature, Hard and Wet

lexi_dubois

Registered
Reaction score
Yep they closed. I hated it too because my books were with them and I got along great with my editor.