• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fated Desires Publishing

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
I write for them. :) They're a boutique(I think that's the right term) publisher and I love them. My sales with them have been great and they've been great to work with(of course your personal experience may vary, always make sure the pub is a good fit for you, la la la). As with most publishers now the onus of marketing is mainly on you, but they really work with you to show you different ways to market and they do actively pimp your book on social media. At this point I don't think they're open to taking on new authors for anything other than their line books. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I like their covers. pretty pretty.

Glad to hear your happy with this publisher, Ann!
Hope it continues to do well for you.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
The Coming Home and Set-up themes make me go "Ooohhh, I have something for that."

The royalty % is a plus. I'm curious as to why they chose 40k as the upper word count. Not that I'm complaining.

To be the broken record as always I really wish the "About Us" said something a bit more specific about who the folks or main person behind "Us" is. (On the upside of that the voice that comes across in the line descriptions is one that makes me want to give these folks another look.)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
To be the broken record as always I really wish the "About Us" said something a bit more specific about who the folks or main person behind "Us" is. (On the upside of that the voice that comes across in the line descriptions is one that makes me want to give these folks another look.)

This happens a lot. I think it's always good business to have whoever is running the place listed on the website.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
This happens a lot. I think it's always good business to have whoever is running the place listed on the website.

It happens all the time with new presses. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious of "strangers". :D

Barbara, I believe I read on the author's boards that they line word count has been bumped up to 60k.

Thanks, Ann. That's good to know.