The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Fated Desires Publishing

practical experience, FTW

Post Fated Desires Publishing

http://fateddesires.com/ I found this publisher online. I recognize some of the authors and I like their covers. Experiences anyone?

Website is glitchy on my tablet. I recognize some authors, too. Books look interesting. I'll keep an eye on them.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

I write for them. They're a boutique(I think that's the right term) publisher and I love them. My sales with them have been great and they've been great to work with(of course your personal experience may vary, always make sure the pub is a good fit for you, la la la). As with most publishers now the onus of marketing is mainly on you, but they really work with you to show you different ways to market and they do actively pimp your book on social media. At this point I don't think they're open to taking on new authors for anything other than their line books. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Ann_Mayburn; 11-10-2014 at 04:30 PM.

I like their covers. pretty pretty.

Glad to hear your happy with this publisher, Ann!
    Hope it continues to do well for you.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

*insert catchy phrase here* BarbaraSheridan's Avatar
    The Coming Home and Set-up themes make me go "Ooohhh, I have something for that."

The royalty % is a plus. I'm curious as to why they chose 40k as the upper word count. Not that I'm complaining.

To be the broken record as always I really wish the "About Us" said something a bit more specific about who the folks or main person behind "Us" is. (On the upside of that the voice that comes across in the line descriptions is one that makes me want to give these folks another look.)
    ~Barbara Sheridan~
    Barb's website
    Falling Through Glass ~ On sale now! Paperback and ebook

Check out the "story behind the story", too.

Barbara, I believe I read on the author's boards that they line word count has been bumped up to 60k.

practical experience, FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraSheridan View Post

To be the broken record as always I really wish the "About Us" said something a bit more specific about who the folks or main person behind "Us" is. (On the upside of that the voice that comes across in the line descriptions is one that makes me want to give these folks another look.)
    This happens a lot. I think it's always good business to have whoever is running the place listed on the website.

*insert catchy phrase here* BarbaraSheridan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brainstorm77 View Post
    This happens a lot. I think it's always good business to have whoever is running the place listed on the website.
    It happens all the time with new presses. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious of "strangers".

Quote Originally Posted by Ann_Mayburn View Post
    Barbara, I believe I read on the author's boards that they line word count has been bumped up to 60k.
    Thanks, Ann. That's good to know.
    ~Barbara Sheridan~
    Barb's website
    Falling Through Glass ~ On sale now! Paperback and ebook

Check out the "story behind the story", too.