• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Brash Books

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read mysteries for some time, but I'm familiar with the names mentioned. Might be worth a shot...but no terms discussed monetarily (unless I missed something) or contracts or whatever, just the vid and them writing/saying send us your work. It doesn't make me that leery...but they should put the terms in somewhere. (That is, unless I missed something).

JMO...

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I have a psychological thriller, but it's a YA and I'm not sure if they take that. I'd have to check out more of their books. I really like their covers though. I hope it's not a vanity press, it doesn't look it...but ya never know.

Good point on the authors, Julie. They do have a good line-up.

JSF, I agree. I wish they had more info on what they offer authors.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
It's not a vanity press, of that I'm pretty confident--however, it is a press started by two authors.

They seem to have a lot experience in the publishing world as authors, but that's as authors. If I had something to send them, I might, but I'd also be pretty cautious and full of questions.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They're new, and owned by authors, but they do seem to have everything in place: big names, good covers, website geared to readers, and a focus on a specific genre/subgenre. I would guess they'll be very selective. Probably a lot less of a risk than most startups.

Patek

Registered
Reaction score
Well, they’re still in business after eight years, which seems like a good sign. Does anyone have experience pitching to Brash Books?