• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[eTailer] bol.com

Whimsical Writing

Finally, I self-pubbed!
Registered
Reaction score
Very scary and alarming. So is mine. Not sure what to do about this. I surely didn't put my book for sale here. Ugh.

Whimsical Writing

Finally, I self-pubbed!
Registered
Reaction score
I looked up some other famous authors and they have both paperbacks and ebooks for sale. I don't know what to make of this other than they are middlemen. I hope they aren't pirating. Who knows, though. Incredibly frustrating.

RevanWright

inconveniently drunk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andreatheend.com
Looks like an amazon-type retail site from...the Netherlands? Who knows? A lot of places like that list books and other things for sale on markup, and run the purchases to Amazon, B&N, etc. Or so I've heard.
Celeste, do you upload straight to KDP or do you have an ebook distributor? I'm talking anything from a company that does specifically that to Smashwords.
If you're only uploading to Amazon or very specific channels, it may be prudent to run a test by buying a copy from this bol.com and seeing if it shows up as a sale in your KDP. If not, that's a major problem, specifically illegal sale and distrubition of your ebook.

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
I hope they aren't pirating either. I've had my books pirated before, Give Me Forever was download around 3,000 times on one of the pirate sites. :rant:

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Looks like an amazon-type retail site from...the Netherlands? Who knows? A lot of places like that list books and other things for sale on markup, and run the purchases to Amazon, B&N, etc. Or so I've heard.
Celeste, do you upload straight to KDP or do you have an ebook distributor? I'm talking anything from a company that does specifically that to Smashwords.
If you're only uploading to Amazon or very specific channels, it may be prudent to run a test by buying a copy from this bol.com and seeing if it shows up as a sale in your KDP. If not, that's a major problem, specifically illegal sale and distrubition of your ebook.

I upload my books myself directly to Amazon, B&N, Kobo, and All Romance Ebooks.

Hmmmm, good idea. I'll try to purchase one now. It looks like they have 6 of my books there.
http://www.bol.com/nl/c/boeken/celeste-carrara/10586059/index.html

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Just an FYI I found this because I periodically seach my name with "PDF" after it. That's how I find my books on the pirate sites.

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Another interesting thing is the 2 books of mine that aren't on bol.com are the 2 I have enrolled in KDP select. :e2shrug:

RevanWright

inconveniently drunk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andreatheend.com
I'm pretty sure they're getting distribution through AllRomanceEbooks, whether legal or not I wouldn't know. I noticed Whimsical's avatar novel is uploaded there, as well. And I'm assuming the 2 you have in KDP Select weren't uploaded there because of Select's rules. That eliminates pretty much every assumption but that one.

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Wow, Celeste!! 3000 times! INFURIATING!!

Yup. And that was just that one book on one site. My other books, I believe it was 4 others, on that same site had a total of that many downloads too. On the other sites, who knows how many downloaded them for free. It really is so infuriating!

I tried to purchase one of my books on bol.com just now & even though I accessed the site through Google to translate it, as soon as I hit purchase it goes back to the other language which I think is Dutch? Anyway, it wants me to sign up & give my email (you can tell that's what it's asking for). I'm not comfortable doing that.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Bol is indeed an Amazon-style Dutch site. Has been around for years. Perfectly legal as far as I know.