The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] ibooks

Empress of Cyberworld Betty W01's Avatar

[Publisher] ibooks

I'm in the process of reviewing a book by Bill Crider that was published by www.ibooks.net and distributed by Simon & Schuster, according to the title page. However, the book (We'll always Have Murder) isn't in S&S's catalog, Crider doesn't appear as an S&S author, and I can't find a thing on ibooks on the web. Is it/ was it a vanity press or POD house? Does anyone know or do you have any suggestions for finding out online (besides writing Crider, which I'd rather not do right now)? It's a good book and I'd like to recommend it, but I need to know more about the house and the book's availability first. Thanks.

Betty W01
    aka Empress of the Cyberworld

Due to budgetary restraints the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. We apologize if this inconveniences you in any way.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty W01
    I'm in the process of reviewing a book by Bill Crider that was published by www.ibooks.net and distributed by Simon & Schuster, according to the title page. However, the book (We'll always Have Murder) isn't in S&S's catalog, Crider doesn't appear as an S&S author, and I can't find a thing on ibooks on the web. Is it/ was it a vanity press or POD house? Does anyone know or do you have any suggestions for finding out online (besides writing Crider, which I'd rather not do right now)? It's a good book and I'd like to recommend it, but I need to know more about the house and the book's availability first. Thanks.
    Is this the iBooks you're talking about? Seems they filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, due to the death of their founder:

http://www.komikwerks.com/news.php?ar=498

BTW, the website you cite above says it was recently acquired by pool.com.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Thanks, CaoPaux, for finding the correct site!

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    A bit more about Uncle Byron here (and in links from here):

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...5&page=4&pp=25

Empress of Cyberworld Betty W01's Avatar
    Thanks, Jim. I couldn't find anything on the link you posted, but I did get an answer to my question - don't bother to review this book. Too bad, it's a pretty decent yarn.
    Betty W01
    aka Empress of the Cyberworld

Due to budgetary restraints the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. We apologize if this inconveniences you in any way.