• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sweet Cherry Publishing

mazblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Have any of you had any dealings with the publishing company 'sweet cherry publishing' formerly known as the 'Phonics Publisher'

http://www.sweetcherrypublishing.com/

They seem to be a publisher that only offers a one off fee for work, something I had no idea happened until about three days ago, they are in the children's writers and artists handbook and are members of the publishing association.

I was wondering if any of you have had any dealings with them either in there new name or the previous trading name.

Many thanks in advance

mazblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Update. this was from an email I received from the publishers.

After we have received your full manuscripts, one of the following three things will happen:

One
If we’re confident in your manuscript, we will offer a one off fee to purchase the text from you. This might be for the full series of already produced works or it might be for the first instalment with a view for others to follow. We do this because want to be able to offer publication to both new and established writers. In offering a one off fee for the manuscript submitted, we take the risk of percentage royalties away from first time or less established authors but still give the opportunity for professional writers to ‘work-for-hire’ should this appeal to them.

Two
If we’re confident in your writing abilities, but didn’t find the manuscript content engaging, we may commission you to apply your talents somewhere else (e.g in a different genre, age group). The same one off fee system described above also applies here.

Three
If your manuscript is unsuccessful we will contact you as soon as possible with feedback regarding our decision and the next steps you might take to improve your work or move forward with other publishers.

Above all I just want to say that they have been nothing but helpful, they gave me constructive criticism of my manuscript and after taking it on board and doing a huge revise I believe the book is even more fabulous than i knew it was ;)

They are very up front and I like that, maybe not the way all authors want to work, but for some its perfect.
Request for full took 4 weeks.

mazblondie

Registered
Reaction score
No they declined my ms but said if i revised it that they would take another look. It was too short to be honest I can see that now, have just added 14k words to it and am happier with it. Wont be going with them, which is a shame as they were very approachable and loved there site, but its not enough.
Have to say i probably would have re subbed to them but since finding this forum I am learning the things I should be looking for.
Like I say they were very upfront and professional and it may be what some authors want.